Rams-Lions Preview + Predictions from 9 dudes

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Iron Lion said:
Well another reason is, I mean, I'm probably going to stick around the whole year and possibly longer.

My dad is as I've said a Rams fan, so in the past whenever both our games were on at the same time we'd watch our own games on separate TVs. But recently we bought a huge 1080p etc TV, got Sunday Ticket HD, all of that stuff, so I will watch all games on that TV. Therefore I will end up watching every Rams game in depth (the 3-hour broadcast instead of plowing through it on ShortCuts).

And thus the dreaded Lions Fan's Perspective will continue to bloom and blossom over the fall and winter :p

And before anyone asks, we have a system so that the scores of other games won't be ruined before they're seen.

I owe most of my legendary good judgement to my father,I have almost converted to Shitoism on a few occaisions and believe the third commandment was listed that way in order of importance.

Are you sure you wouldn't be well advised to "honor thy father " and relent from thy pagan ways and become a Rams fan? We can teach you the secret handshake and everything ,you'll get discounts at restaurants, hotels and massage parlors, and we even offer bonus points that can be used at Stu's BBQ place where you can pose next to the cardboard cut out of the "Great Rack " girl.

Iron Lion

Starter
Thordaddy said:
Well first of all, I wuz mostly kidding, and the reason you've been well received IMO is cuz you haven't "been an idiot" and come in here trolling for a fight.

I have adopted a course of action with other teams boards learned the hard way.
I eschew posting politics on two of the three Rams boards I frequent,the third and the acrimony there from political tiffs is why.
ALL MY true enemies on that board are from the deep divisions of politics which aren't going to evaporate so I do post politics there ( nothing to lose) but not here.
Other teams boards I post in the political forums cuz I don't worry too much if the fur flies.

All that said , rubbing it in after that bad a loss would be bad form,glad to hear you see it that way as well.

ON THE OTHER HAND if we beat you 38-0................remember that number , 38 ,is how many losses we've endured over the last three years ,so if you believe in numerology, understand it may trigger some irrational exuberance. :shifty:

Yeah, I know you were just kitten. There see I can make fun of my team too.

No I am not into numerology, as I am a grad student math major, so really the only integers that are interesting are primes, which 38 is not.

Thordaddy said:
I owe most of my legendary good judgement to my father,I have almost converted to Shitoism on a few occaisions and believe the third commandment was listed that way in order of importance.

Are you sure you wouldn't be well advised to "honor thy father " and relent from thy pagan ways and become a Rams fan? We can teach you the secret handshake and everything ,you'll get discounts at restaurants, hotels and massage parlors, and we even offer bonus points that can be used at Stu's BBQ place where you can pose next to the cardboard cut out of the "Great Rack " girl.

Shitoism, is this a joke or for real or what?

My dad did try to guide me and my brother to becoming Rams fans. My brother went with the 49ers, and as you know I went with the Lions. This was back in 1995.

Is this "scarlet handshake" a Harblegh reference? We shall have our revenge. I know you all hate the 49ers so I hope you'll be able to root for my Lions in week 2 after we get the W in week 1.

Iron Lion

Starter
And for the record, I've been offering to my dad that we watch this week 1 game as "gentlemen" rather than as "football fans." He always declines with a laugh saying there's nothing gentlemanly about the NFL, which is very true.

I'll give him one last chance right before kickoff, and if he declines, it's on, and I will ride his butt all week after the loss, lol.

So basically I get to vent all that stuff on him and spare you Rams fans here. :cheese:

Thordaddy

Name
Rich
Iron Lion said:
Thordaddy said:
Well first of all, I wuz mostly kidding, and the reason you've been well received IMO is cuz you haven't "been an idiot" and come in here trolling for a fight.

I have adopted a course of action with other teams boards learned the hard way.
I eschew posting politics on two of the three Rams boards I frequent,the third and the acrimony there from political tiffs is why.
ALL MY true enemies on that board are from the deep divisions of politics which aren't going to evaporate so I do post politics there ( nothing to lose) but not here.
Other teams boards I post in the political forums cuz I don't worry too much if the fur flies.

All that said , rubbing it in after that bad a loss would be bad form,glad to hear you see it that way as well.

ON THE OTHER HAND if we beat you 38-0................remember that number , 38 ,is how many losses we've endured over the last three years ,so if you believe in numerology, understand it may trigger some irrational exuberance. :shifty:

Yeah, I know you were just kitten. There see I can make fun of my team too.

No I am not into numerology, as I am a grad student math major, so really the only integers that are interesting are primes, which 38 is not.

Thordaddy said:

Shitoism, is this a joke or for real or what?

My dad did try to guide me and my brother to becoming Rams fans. My brother went with the 49ers, and as you know I went with the Lions. This was back in 1995.

Is this "scarlet handshake" a Harblegh reference? We shall have our revenge. I know you all hate the 49ers so I hope you'll be able to root for my Lions in week 2 after we get the W in week 1.

Yes OH motor city refugee, it was a joke it was a reference to

Shin·to (sh n t ). n. A religion native to Japan, characterized by veneration of nature spirits and ancestors and by a lack of formal dogma.
You will get NO MORE information about the "secret handshake" unless and until you have your epiphany and see that teams with multiple Supre Bowl appearances and an actual Lombardi Trophy are inherantly good and reduce serum cholesterol.

Hey Iron Lion, why don't you just go back to your own forum with your little kitten pals. I've read your posts on your own forum and do not like how you get crap from here and act all respectful, then go to the kittens forum and talk $&@:........ We've sucked for 5 years, but the Lions have sucked way longer. Get over it.

bluecoconuts

Legend
Speeps said:
So this is what ESPN has come to? Sad.

If you think that's bad, NFL.com has a bit where Adam Rank and Dave Dameshek travel through time in their Delorean to give scores from the games from the future. I know the idea itself is already stupid and corny, so you ask yourself how could it get any worse? Well Adam Rank starts going "The former Los Angeles Rams." and doesn't refer to them any different.

Now, I'm an LA guy and I'd love the Rams to be here, but I love the Rams no matter where they are. They're the St Louis Rams, call them such. Calling them the Former Los Angeles Rams is dumb as hell. Wishing that they lose every game so they will move to LA is dumb too. Just shut up.

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
Two things to say here.

1. Yes, the lions will probably win.

2. Fuck the lions.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
WestsideRamsfan said:
Hey Iron Lion, why don't you just go back to your own forum with your little kitten pals. I've read your posts on your own forum and do not like how you get crap from here and act all respectful, then go to the kittens forum and talk $&@:........ We've sucked for 5 years, but the Lions have sucked way longer. Get over it.

Not sure what he does over there matters two craps to most over here. We have had fun flicking shit back and forth to Father Guido as well. Don't remember him being told to leave. As long as they are not acting like trolls and trying to pick fights here, it's just more fodder for the forum.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Username said:
Two things to say here.

1. Yes, the lions will probably win.

2. Fuck the lions.

I agree with #2. My myopic nature won't let me agree with #1. We had no business beating the Aints if I recall right.

Thordaddy

Name
Rich
RamFan503 said:
WestsideRamsfan said:

Not sure what he does over there matters two craps to most over here. We have had fun flicking shit back and forth to Father Guido as well. Don't remember him being told to leave. As long as they are not acting like trolls and trying to pick fights here, it's just more fodder for the forum.

Agree puhty tat is welcome here, heza pretty good cat ,doesn't shed much and stays off the furniture.

Lesson

Oh, really?
WestsideRamsfan said:

Iron Lion is just talking some smack. He hasn't done anything against the rules. He's fine in my book, aside from being a Lions fan that is.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
WestsideRamsfan said:
Dude. Chill. This is exactly how it should be. He has every right to go to his own forum and call the Rams every name in the book. It's THEIR forum. As long as he's respectful of the rules and membership here, then it's all good. But you can always look at it this way...

You're threatened by a Lions fan? :sly:

Sorry. I was reading his posts on their board and man is he a smack talker. Sounds like two face himself.

Iron Lion

Starter
WestsideRamsfan said:

What in particular do you not like? I have the same comments about Bradford wherever I go because, ultimately, these criticisms are based on talent, scheme and execution, not talking trash for the sake of doing it. However I do sugarcoat it a bit over here.

I do however go to the 49ers forums with IronLion, come back with IronLion2, and etc, being fully ready to be banned, because I cannot stand that team or their fans, I cannot stand Jim Harbaughface, I cannot stand Alex Smith, I cannot stand Frank Gore, I cannot stand a team that has to cry every time they win a playoff game. So I tell it to their faces, I am a troll to them because they are idiot scum, I will go in there and tell them how their QB is without sugar coating it, I will put up pics of the Kyle Williams fumbles and have the little dancing banana guy :nana: . All of this is my way of saying that I do genuinely have respect for the Rams and their fans, because there are teams for which I do not have this.

Sorry to any mods here if I let you down with saying this, but I can't emphasize enough how much I hate that team. So I guess it is somewhat like Westside says, I do have two faces, perhaps a million. But in here I will wear the same face that you all know. :yeh:

Lesson

Oh, really?
Iron Lion said:
WestsideRamsfan said:

What in particular do you not like? I have the same comments about Bradford wherever I go because, ultimately, these criticisms are based on talent, scheme and execution, not talking trash for the sake of doing it. However I do sugarcoat it a bit over here.

I do however go to the 49ers forums with IronLion, come back with IronLion2, and etc, being fully ready to be banned, because I cannot stand that team or their fans, I cannot stand Jim Harbaughface, I cannot stand Alex Smith, I cannot stand Frank Gore, I cannot stand a team that has to cry every time they win a playoff game. So I tell it to their faces, I am a troll to them because they are idiot scum, I will go in there and tell them how their QB is without sugar coating it, I will put up pics of the Kyle Williams fumbles and have the little dancing banana guy :nana: . All of this is my way of saying that I do genuinely have respect for the Rams and their fans, because there are teams for which I do not have this.

Sorry to any mods here if I let you down with saying this, but I can't emphasize enough how much I hate that team. So I guess it is somewhat like Westside says, I do have two faces, perhaps a million. But in here I will wear the same face that you all know. :yeh:

Dude. I was at the 49ers-Rams game last year, Week 17. Some 49ers fans behind me started chanting, "Get money, uh uh uh, get money", after every 49ers score. When the Rams started rallying, they were nowhere to be found. :shifty: