Rams Lions Game Day Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
I wanna puke. I don't get the D today. I know we had three picks, but aside from that, we played the weakest coverage I've seen in a while.No pressure at all, D line was non existent. Both of the last two TD drives were like we were barely on the field. So frustrating because we should of taken this one at the end.

Lesson

Oh, really?
:sick:

I feel terrible. The Rams outplayed the Lions, but the score doesn't show it.

bluecoconuts

Legend
bwdenverram said:
I wanna puke. I don't get the D today. I know we had three picks, but aside from that, we played the weakest coverage I've seen in a while.No pressure at all, D line was non existent. Both of the last two TD drives were like we were barely on the field. So frustrating because we should of taken this one at the end.

You can't stop Calvin Johnson really, you just can't. That's what makes the Lions so good at coming back into games when you give them time.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
That was tough to watch. They barely blitzed...these fuckin losses are a lot harder 2 get over than those blowouts. I didn't get why they just handed the ball off to Steven more...or try more w/ Givens/Quick.

Hey at least Young GZ was clutch on the road.

Fuckin hell man...this is gonna be hard to get over.

Get 'em next week and shut the media up over the fuckin Redskins.

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
It's hard to get a pass rush when holding isn't being called. And Detroit had 2 penalties all game? :amped:

We were without our best DT, lost our C and LT and still came close to beating a team no one thought we could. It may not be a win but I aint' hanging my head.

quebecramfan

Rookie
That was a tough loss.... But I think the Rams earned some respect this week. No one is gonna push us around and that is what I have been looking for... for quite a while... We finally have a team with some pride.

quebecramfan

Rookie
That was a tough loss.... But I think the Rams earned some respect this week. No one is gonna push us around and that is what I have been looking for... for quite a while... We finally have a team with some pride.

Angry Ram

Ram Quixote said:
It's hard to get a pass rush when holding isn't being called. And Detroit had 2 penalties all game? :amped:

We were without our best DT, lost our C and LT and still came close to beating a team no one thought we could. It may not be a win but I aint' hanging my head.

Oh man don't even get me started on those refs. On that "horse collar" I swear I saw the ref nod his head and throw it after Lions' players were screaming at him to throw it. Oh oh..that false start on Saffold (get well soon). Still tho, w/ all those penalties and they were in the game the whole damn time, it's encouraging. Maddening, frustrating, but encouraging.

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
bluecoconuts said:
bwdenverram said:

You can't stop Calvin Johnson really, you just can't. That's what makes the Lions so good at coming back into games when you give them time.

The thing is, I think we did a pretty good job overall against him but it seemed like everyone was open. I know they have one of the best O's in the league but I think we had to take a few chances on blitzes to get pressure. Safford had all day almost every play. No way you can just play prevent against that many weapons and expect to win. It was probably a bend but don't break approach but it just seemed like the entire gameplan on both sides was not to lose. I guess it worked for the most part but we had two leads in the 4th and the D just couldn't stop anything. When you're only rushing 4 it makes it even worse guys are that wide open.Moral victories just don't mean much after 5 years of losing. It's not going to be any easier next week either. Sorry, just venting right now.

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
Angry Ram said:
Ram Quixote said:

Oh man don't even get me started on those refs. On that "horse collar" I swear I saw the ref nod his head and throw it after Lions' players were screaming at him to throw it. Oh oh..that false start on Saffold (get well soon). Still tho, w/ all those penalties and they were in the game the whole damn time, it's encouraging. Maddening, frustrating, but encouraging.
That freakin false start on Saffold pissed me off, it should have been encroachment, giving us the first down, but instead it becomes 3rd and 8. Pissed me off to no end. Just pissed me off

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
Redskins put up 40pts and 464 yards of offense...Doesn't get any easier fellas. RGIII 320 yards and 2TD's.
Let's hope the dome is rockin'. We'll need it.

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
brokeu91 said:
Angry Ram said:
Ram Quixote said:

That freakin false start on Saffold pissed me off, it should have been encroachment, giving us the first down, but instead it becomes 3rd and 8. Pissed me off to no end. Just pissed me off
Especially later when they called Long for encroachment. Same damn play.

Angry Ram

You could see Fisher hated those calls. At one point he was caught...SMHing.

:nono:

He clearly wanted 2 smack someone.

Lesson

Oh, really?
bwdenverram said:
Redskins put up 40pts and 464 yards of offense...Doesn't get any easier fellas. RGIII 320 yards and 2TD's.

I think the Rams D is better than the Saints D. Hopefully next week the Rams can get a W.

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
Lesson said:
bwdenverram said:

I think the Rams D is better than the Saints D. Hopefully next week the Rams can get a W.

I think they are and will be better than today. I'm sure they can clean up a alot after seeing film. But then again RGIII represents more issues like Vick does with his feet.