Rams Linebackers

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Da-Rock

Pro Bowler
First, great win!

Great offensive line play, (did they give up any sacks today?). Great special teams and I am happy to report, great coaching.

Now to what I watched all game. The Rams linebackers look confused and dazzled all game long. On a lot of plays I watched them moving up and down the line and looking around confused. Then we can go with all of the miss tackles on the outside.

I personally do not know the reason they look so off, but I think it's a central issue we have with the defense.

Greg Williams still coached a horrible game......if not for Fisher and Fossil we would have lost the game due to Williams and his Defense.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
Alec Ogletree played terribly. One of the worst performances I've seen in a while by a LB. These linebackers have too much talent to be so bad.

bomebadeeda

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bome
Our Linebackers play this year has been one of the more disappointing things about the season. There is much to be desired........

RamzFanz

Damnit
First, great win!

Great offensive line play, (did they give up any sacks today?). Great special teams and I am happy to report, great coaching.

Now to what I watched all game. The Rams linebackers look confused and dazzled all game long. On a lot of plays I watched them moving up and down the line and looking around confused. Then we can go with all of the miss tackles on the outside.

I personally do not know the reason they look so off, but I think it's a central issue we have with the defense.

Greg Williams still coached a horrible game......if not for Fisher and Fossil we would have lost the game due to Williams and his Defense.

I agree with everything you said except I would say the O line was better but AD made them look better than they actually were. LOVE Robbinson.

Rams0307

Ogletree was awful. And to play the cb's 10 yds off the line when the game's getting closer and closer is inexcusable. When is the coaching staff going to realize that...

Rams0307

I agree with everything you said except I would say the O line was better but AD made them look better than they actually were. LOVE Robbinson.

?????? I think you have that backwards especially considering we ran the ball more than we threw and the line was good at run blocking today.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
?????? I think you have that backwards especially considering we ran the ball more than we threw and the line was good at run blocking today.
They have always been better at run blocking than pass protection!

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Mcleod played well

He makes great plays every game. Then there's one or two plays that just screws us. not today.

Ogletree needs to work on some things. Baldwin should have been brought down. Wilson down the sideline scared the hell out of me.

Great win though.
Davis is the real deal.

the zohan

Rookie
Name
Macker
IMG_480995858636562.jpeg
First, great win!

Come on man they just won, cant we have 1 day of just feeling good before picking apart the win

RamWoodie

Legend
Sometimes you have to give teams their props. Seattle is a difficult team to stop...and when you play them, the most pressure is on the LBs!!! Think about it...you're on defense...and you see Lynch and Wilson in the backfield....it's tough on LBs.

Alan

Legend
RamzFanz seeing part of the truth:
I agree with everything you said except I would say the O line was better but AD made them look better than they actually were. LOVE Robinson.
That's part of it for sure. The other part is Schotty's play calling. I don't want him as our OC but much like how a broken clock shows the correct time twice a day, he does a good job when the offense needs to be limited. He did a better than normal job today. Of course, without all the plays by our special team what would the score have been?

Last edited:

lockdnram21

Legend
The score would have been different if Tree would have made a a tackle on that play in the middle. Also if he would have kept Wilson inside like he was supposed to

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
Gregg Williams's scheme asks too much out of our linebackers and makes them look bad. He should just simplify them while easing in to those sophisticated blitzes.

SierraRam

Recreational User
The score would have been different if Tree would have made a a tackle on that play in the middle. Also if he would have kept Wilson inside like he was supposed to

Great win, BUT:

It was Tree that whiffed on Romo too. Today he allowed two huge plays today for Wilson that should not have happened to a veteran LB. Too bad we don't have anyone else so AO can sit and think about the meaning of 'outside containment'.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
LB play is the biggest problem right now with the defense, no doubt. And the Seahawks/49ers are two teams that require good LB play with their QBs being able to scramble.

The good thing is overall this defense has the pieces, just need Ogletree to get to the point where he's not thinking. It's coming, IMO. Then draft another OLB this upcoming offseason, the LB corps does need an infusion of some more talent and depth.

fastcat

Pro Bowler
I've noticed the LBS scrambling around before plays since the 1st game. They are talking to each other trying to line up or something. I have never been a jl55 fan... he has been decent over the years but he has lost a step or 2 and it boggles my mind that they have him 1 on 1 with RBs. He is incapable of covering anyone at this point and he will never get home on a blitz. Ogletree over runs too many plays and won't wrap up a burrito. I never notice dunbar... I guess that's a good thing

Ky Ram

Pro Bowler
Two things to ponder:

1) Schotty is dialing up an awesome game plan all the way to the 2nd half. Then he gets conservative
2) Williams has the D on point, holding the Hags to 6 points, then the half hits and we get conservative.

Does anyone here think that quite possibly the reason we start to tank in the second half is because they're both told to dial it back and play it safe? Just curious because it seems like they were both in a much better rhythm before the half. JMO

RamsOfCastamere

I drink things, and know nothing
Two things to ponder:

1) Schotty is dialing up an awesome game plan all the way to the 2nd half. Then he gets conservative
2) Williams has the D on point, holding the Hags to 6 points, then the half hits and we get conservative.

Does anyone here think that quite possibly the reason we start to tank in the second half is because they're both told to dial it back and play it safe? Just curious because it seems like they were both in a much better rhythm before the half. JMO

To me, our coordinators are doing a good job preparing a gameplan. But when we get a large lead, the opposing teams are changing what they are doing, and we are struggling adjusting to that.

Ky Ram

Pro Bowler
To me, our coordinators are doing a good job preparing a gameplan. But when we get a large lead, the opposing teams are changing what they are doing, and we are struggling adjusting to that.
I think our success on offense has decidedly been the pass setting up the run. We got away from that in the second half. I've never heard Schotty claim us to be a run first team so...

Williams had us in man/press most of the first half, then the 10 yard cushions came in the second.

Like I said I could be wrong