Rams like what they are seeing from WR Brian Quick/FSMW

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

simonblaze

Pro Bowler
Name
Simonblaze
I don't think Quick will ever be an Andre Johnson type wide receiver but I sure wouldn't mind if he could contribute much like Marques Colston in the Saints offense

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
I don't think Quick will ever be an Andre Johnson type wide receiver but I sure wouldn't mind if he could contribute much like Marques Colston in the Saints offense

Didn't Colston play in the slot a lot?

Anyway this remark by Fisher....say a lot to me. They feel like they didn't need to upgrade the position because it had upgraded itself through reps in practices and experience in games.

"I've been asked this numerous times, 'Why didn't you draft a receiver?' Well, we drafted two each of the last two years and they are coming on," Fisher told FOXSportsMidwest.com. "So we felt like we had other needs."

If Bradford throws for 4200 yards and only one of the five guys gets over 1100 or 1200 yards and double digit TD's I don't care. Spread that shit around, it's harder to defend.

Athos

Legend
Well, isn't the book on Quick, like many of our WRs, that they look like absolute studs in practice but fail to translate that to Sunday?

I hope the light has gone on for Quick. Never understood as, a WR with his physical abilities, why he wasn't using his size to shrug DBs off and out-muscle them.

Seems like a nice kid, but he needs to play with more of a playmaking mean streak. Hopefully he's learning how to be physical from Britt.

And hopefully he's worked on his catching ability. This is his year. Time to put up or shut up this season. He's gotten the coach's backing, now back it up for once.

RamzFanz

Damnit
Maybe we don't need a number 1 receiver, but we do need good receivers. Last year they weren't good enough. Can't drop the ball as much as we were last year and expect to win. The GSOT didn't have a designated number 1 receiver. One year we had 3 guys have over 1,000 yards in receiving. So it's not one guy who needs to step up. I want to see multiple guys break the 800 yard threshold. I want to see receivers win 50/50 battles, something we haven't seen much. I want to see some YAC, something we haven't seen much of. I want to see someone come up with the clutch catch on third down consistently. This group, while it has talent, has a long long long way to go until we can be considered a playoff team.

I disagree with the long long long.

Two longs at most and that's a little much. o_O

Seriously, I think they are 1 receiver stepping up away from being a contender.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
We need for him and Britt to be the starters with Tavon in the slot. That would give us 3 big receivers wth Cook along wth a slot stud. Givens, Pettis and Bailey off the bench and our receiving corps will be fine.

Can't agree with this enough, I'm all about prototypes, and following what's working around the league. Jefferies wouldn't be a standout without Marshall. Deckers about to find out if he's really #1 material....Or will he miss Peyton & Thomas...

rdw

Pro Bowler
He has a smack talking swagger about him too that we haven't had on the offensive side in a long time. And watching the OTA's and him mic'd up, he is a fricken huge physical specimen. I agree talk is cheap, but, I too am drinking the koolaid at this point in thinking that maybe, for the first time in 6 to 7 years, we may alright in terms of pass plays, decent receivers and moving the chains. Perfect storm. Best O line Sam has ever had, best "maturing" receiving corps Sam has ever had. Couple that with "knock your block off" bowling ball running back Stacy and blazing fast "hey diddle diddle Tre Mason up the middle", it's a chess game we win in the 4th quarter. Rams get the lead early and the crazy Rams D most likely holds or minimizes the opposition from scoring. The other teams are all worried about the Rams D, that's our reputation. The offense is the sleeping giant that is finally going to wake up. If we have any passing success at all, look out! Every year we have high hopes for this team. I think this time, this year, it's more of a reality and not a pipe dream.
kool-aid-man2.jpg

Memphis Ram

Legend
I disagree with the long long long.

Two longs at most and that's a little much. o_O

Seriously, I think they are 1 receiver stepping up away from being a contender.

I disagree with there being any longs. The WR core alone isn't what stopped the TEAM from being a playoff contender last year. Bradford could have stayed healthy. The defense could have given up fewer points, etc.

yea browns a number 1 i dontt think Bailey has enough speed to put up the numbers brown put up

Faster 40 time, much faster 20 yard shuttle, faster 3 cone drill, higher vert, longer broad jump, less reps in the bench press, he has all the measurables, has the hands, has the route running ability, just a question of if he wants it or if he wants to get himself banned.

Rambition

Rookie
nice to hear this about quick. i've really tried to hold back my judgement of the guy because of the lower level of competition he experienced in college, the absence of a strong veteran corps of receivers to help him along, the possibility that the rams do not exactly have the greatest receivers coach(es) in the business, having to work with the backup QB for most of last season, and the fact that it is common for receivers to need a third season in the NFL in order to make a large, positive impact on a team's offense. entering year three, the coaches are impressed in the early going, and his attitude seems very good. i like it.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Cook was our #1 last year. Amendola was our #1 in 2012. B.Llloyd in 2011. Amendola in 2010. Steven Jackson in 2009.

Some teams have better #1's than other teams do. Our #1's haven't been very good.
See how that works?

lockdnram21

Legend
Faster 40 time, much faster 20 yard shuttle, faster 3 cone drill, higher vert, longer broad jump, less reps in the bench press, he has all the measurables, has the hands, has the route running ability, just a question of if he wants it or if he wants to get himself banned.
brown runs a 4.47 bailey runs 4.52

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man

too much angst towards quick.

too many people looking at the draft slot and not at the player. he was always gonna be a project.

he's gonna make alot of people eat their words.

^ this.

Will he be a stud? I dunno. But he WAS a project from the start.

Football isn't easy. Some people forget that.

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
I personally think BQ is going to show up big time this year. Britt and Quick are both big, physical receivers (we need) and guys like Givens and Tavon can take the top off the defense.
Like Quick said, once they all stop thinking and just playing makes a huge difference. Time will tell but I expect big things this year.

BD-TomCat

Rookie
We need for him and Britt to be the starters with Tavon in the slot. That would give us 3 big receivers wth Cook along wth a slot stud. Givens, Pettis and Bailey off the bench and our receiving corps will be fine.
That's what I want also cause it will also help the power run game. Both guys are good blockers