Rams lead NFL with 6 All Pro selections

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

bomebadeeda

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bome
Coaches are not part of the salary cap, and Silent Stan has more than enough dough to keep Bones satisfied financially. Besides, I am not sure if Bones is even interested in HC opportunities at this time. Didn't some other member reference him as saying he had no interest in HC duties?

I know. But if....and probably when other teams come a looking, it will be hard as Fassel has been an exceptional coach and hard to replace. look at Atlanta w/ their OC....much different than last year. Last year....they were smoking along w/ Shanahan....this year, Sarkanian doesn't spread the ball around and teams can control them easier by limited Jones. Sark limits the other guys himself.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Very nice and congrats to all six. But the hardware I want to see is the Lombardi b!tches!!!

JonRam99

Hall of Fame
Name
Jonathan
Amazing. All-Pro's. It's been a VERY long time since we've had any, let alone this many All-Pro's. These guys have been voted as the BEST in the league. For individual hardware, only OPOY/DPOY & MVP gets better than this.

Congratulations AD, TGII, AW, JH, GZ & PC! crazy, Pharaoh Cooper gets All-Pro hardware! he probably didn't think he'd get this as a WR. But with his hybrid WR-RB build & skill set as a returner, he's second to none.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Very nice and congrats to all six. But the hardware I want to see is the Lombardi b!tches!!!
Here's a two piece set for your viewing!!!

Rams1999.jpg

-2000-SB.jpg

I want Both!!!

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Don't say that. I wouldn't be surprised if other teams came a calling, wanting to make Bones their head man............I know it's a joke, but that is what happens to successful teams.........

Pretty sure Bones made it clear after being the interim HC that he didn't like the job and was looking forward to going back to just coaching special teams.

You better believe I'd back up the truck to keep him. There's no cap on coach's salaries, so I see no reason he shouldn't get $2+M. Easy. His STs have made a massive difference for this team.

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
Johnny Hekker has 4 first-team All-Pro honors and one second team.

The man is only a couple more seasons from Hall of Fame consideration.
I have never seen anything like him really.

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
There aren't alternates for All Pro. Since there isn't a game associated with it, a player can be injured and still make the list (see GZ). Pro Bowl needs alternates in case players' teams are still in the playoffs or if a player is injured or just doesn't want to play.
Yeah misread the title as I was leaving work

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Pretty sure Bones made it clear after being the interim HC that he didn't like the job and was looking forward to going back to just coaching special teams.

You better believe I'd back up the truck to keep him. There's no cap on coach's salaries, so I see no reason he shouldn't get $2+M. Easy. His STs have made a massive difference for this team.
I’d stick him The 2 mil and bang asstitant head coach/ST to his name

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I’d stick him The 2 mil and bang asstitant head coach/ST to his name

Nice. With assistant head coach as part of his title, any team coming for him would pretty much have to be offering assistant head coach/OC or DC in order for it not to be a lateral move.

And yes, I realize technically for the NFL any non HC move would be a lateral move, but we all know differently.

JackStraw

Rookie
6 All Pros and about 5 guys who are top 7 at their position

Sounds about right for the team who led NFL point differential aka usually the best team in football

I think it's safe to say most unbiased football fans believe Rams are the favorites to win it all.

A trend I noticed this season:
Rams flashes of greatness > any other teams
Rams moments of dog shit < any other teams
Most consistent team on the wagon since week 1

TSFH Fan

Epic Music Guy
Bones has interest in being a HC

But as he took the reins last season, the experience offered a new perspective that he wasn’t expecting. He proved something to himself, something he’d underestimated. Since, his feelings about being a head coach one day have changed somewhat.

“Having that chance,” Fassel says, “it was like, ‘Well, maybe there’s a chance I could do this.”
“If the opportunity came up, I would jump at it. No doubt about it.”
https://www.dailynews.com/2017/12/3...john-fassel-may-hold-keys-to-playoff-success/

jap

Legend

Overall, they are probably still the best unit on the team with the three-man battery of Johnny, Greg, and Jake McQuaide being hands down the best three-man special teams battery (punter/kicker/long snapper) in the entire league. Our new WR corp is pushing hard for sub-unit supremacy and they will only get better by next season. Of course, I expect Wade to retool his defensive units with better quality players next season, and Andrew Kromer is gonna be barking for an heir apparent to Andrew Whitworth and, perhaps, another solid guard to spell the injury-prone BeetleJuice if he goes down. I wonder if Sean is thinking of upgrading our #2 or #3 QB spots for less quality drop-off if Jared goes down in the future.

Just keep in mind, people, this is Sean and Wade's first season with us. We have really only just begun! :LOL:

SteezyEndo

The Immaculate Exception
When it comes to a gifted punter and kicker, how much is really attributable to the coach? How much coaching is really involved when you're dealing with truly gifted athletes?
If Bones can get Ficken kickin' those FGs more accurately and work on kickoff placements turning him into an exceptional replacement temporarily that may be your proof in the pudding.