Rams lead NFL with 6 All Pro selections

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Goff and Saffold and Sullivan should be in there too!! JMHO!

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Isn’t goff an alternate

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Isn’t goff an alternate

There aren't alternates for All Pro. Since there isn't a game associated with it, a player can be injured and still make the list (see GZ). Pro Bowl needs alternates in case players' teams are still in the playoffs or if a player is injured or just doesn't want to play.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
6 Rams!!!

cropped_GettyImages-889988932.jpg

Joe Sargent / Getty Images Sport / Getty

The Associated Press released its 2017 All-Pro First Team honorees Friday.

Pittsburgh Steelers wide receiver Antonio Brown is among four players named for a second consecutive season, and is the lone unanimous selection. Brown racked up 101 receptions, 1,533 yards, and nine touchdowns through just 14 games.

The Los Angeles Rams are the best-represented team with six players named All-Pros, highlighted by star running back Todd Gurley.

Offense
POS. NAME TEAM
QB Tom Brady Patriots
RB Todd Gurley Rams
FLEX Le'Veon Bell Steelers
TE Rob Gronkowski Patriots
WR Antonio Brown Steelers
WR DeAndre Hopkins Texans
LT Andrew Whitworth Rams
RT Lane Johnson Eagles
LG Andrew Norwell Panthers
RG David DeCastro Steelers
C Jason Kelce Eagles
New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady makes his third career appearance on the annual list.

Defense
POS. NAME TEAM
ER Calais Campbell Jaguars
ER Cameron Jordan Saints
IL Aaron Donald Rams
IL Cam Heyward Steelers
LB Chandler Jones Cardinals
LB Luke Kuechly Panthers
LB Bobby Wagner Seahawks
CB Jalen Ramsey Jaguars
CB Xavier Rhodes Vikings
S Kevin Byard Titans
S Harrison Smith Vikings
DB Darius Slay Lions
Seattle Seahawks linebacker Bobby Wagner also earns his third All-Pro selection.

Special Teams
POS. NAME TEAM
K Greg Zuerlein Rams
P Johnny Hekker Rams
KR Pharoh Cooper Rams
PR Jamal Agnew Lions
ST Budda Baker Cardinals
The Rams are front and center on special teams. Punter Johnny Hekker earns a second consecutive honor, with kicker Greg Zuerlein and kick returner Pharoh Cooper joining him as 2017 selections.

jap

Legend
Bones: "You know what all this means, don't ya? Show me the MONEY!!!" :LOL:

bomebadeeda

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bome
This is great. Almost every move this team made in the offseason screams out....yes...we have arrived. Great job to all. I'm glad there is finally recognition for our guys. Now we need to go out tomorrow and let anyone else who hasn't noticed. "We're Here!"

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
and Rodger Saffold on the second team
Yeah, but his shoulder only made honorable mention! :LOL:

Kidding aside, amazing what he's become... put him in the right slot, coach him up and surround him with real players and good things happen!

Remember when he was a regular whipping boy because of his shoulder... always defended him because it was never like he wanted to get injured.

Great to see he came out the other side and is now an integral part of this team!

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Love Fassell and how the STs have done... but I have to wonder:
When it comes to a gifted punter and kicker, how much is really attributable to the coach? How much coaching is really involved when you're dealing with truly gifted athletes?

Cooper? Yes... because those return formations and discipline have to be coached. You have to coach an entire unit.

But a gifted punter and kicker?

When it comes to truly gifted athletes, how much influence does the position coach have? Example is Donald... I suspect they don't have to coach him up much at all... just send him out there and he performs... like Hekker and Zuerline, they are "automatic".

Just musing here...

bomebadeeda

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bome
Don't say that. I wouldn't be surprised if other teams came a calling, wanting to make Bones their head man............I know it's a joke, but that is what happens to successful teams.........

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Don't say that. I wouldn't be surprised if other teams came a calling, wanting to make Bones their head man............I know it's a joke, but that is what happens to successful teams.........
Yup... better get used to it... specially if they win the Super Bowl.

It's life... all we can do is trust Snead and McVay to find suitable replacements.

Right now? I trusty McVay and Snead.

jap

Legend
Isn't it Bones who kept harping at Johnny to direct his punts mostly to the sidelines so those sidelines can act as an extra tackler? Isn't it Bones who insisted that Johnny keep the punts high enough so the coverage and the ball arrives at the same time? Isn't it Bones who kept Johnny working on his accuracy so that punting the rock inside the opponent's 20-yard line is now virtually automatic?

Greg did not consistently kickoff the ball so that he forced touchbacks until the last few years. Do you really think Bones wasn't a part of that refinement? As powerful as Greg's leg is, he was not nearly as accurate as he is now for years. In fact, it was not until last year that some members here stopped suggesting that he be replaced. Yes, Greg said that after his worst season (2015) he went back and scrutinized film, noted his technical errors and worked hard to correct them. However, I am sure if you talked to Greg he would be the first to tell you that Bones was the main one who made him aware of those technical mistakes and how to correct them.

Same thing with Aaron. Athletes may be supremely gifted, but oftentimes it takes a special coach to push them towards the final refinements that carries them to the next level(s). Aaron never had the number of sacks he achieve this season, and he did all this in 14 games. Is it all him, or did the SonOfBum and his DL coach involved with refining his approach to his craft?

Coaches are not part of the salary cap, and Silent Stan has more than enough dough to keep Bones satisfied financially. Besides, I am not sure if Bones is even interested in HC opportunities at this time. Didn't some other member reference him as saying he had no interest in HC duties?