Rams' LB Ogletree makes presence felt versus Broncos

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

News Bot

01001000 01101001
Name
News Bot
Brian Feldman
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.kmov.com/sports/Rams-LB-Ogletree-makes-presence-felt-versus-Broncos-220999851.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.kmov.com/sports/Rams-LB-Ogle ... 99851.html</a>

[flv]http://cdn.bimfs.com/KMOV/b65fa039019b446af0df963ef9a39eb74552bbbd_fl9-360p.mp4[/flv]

DENVER -- Rookie linebacker Alec Ogletree has all the potential in the world. Coming out of Georgia in college, the Rams knew this and drafted him 30th overall in the 1st round last April. And while they've seen flashes of what he's capable of in the preseason, it was not until his breakout performance against the Broncos where he really showed everyone how good he is.

Ogletree finished the game with six sacks, who of which were solo, including a strip of Broncos running back Ronnie Hillman that he scooped up and ran into the end zone for a 13-yard touchdown. Ogletree then later intercepted QB Peyton Manning.

All in all, it was a good night for the rookie linebacker, who says the game is definitely slowing down for him.

"It definitely is slowing down for me," Ogletree said. "Each week I try and get a little better at something. This week I was basically able to get the call, get lined up and make some plays."

Even head coach Jeff Fisher could not contain his excitement.

"He's improved each week with each game. He's done better," Fisher said. "He's got a better feel for what he's doing each week. He's certainly a good athlete. We'll have to see the tape and see how he did on some of the plays that weren't obvious but I was pleased with his improvement."

But what about his touchdown dance? Was that something he just thought of in the moment or did he plan that?

"It was kind of planned. I talked to some friends and family about what I would do if I ever scored a touchdown. I think I can get a little better at it," Ogletree said.

With fellow linebacker Jo-Lonn Dunbar suspended for the first four games of the 2013 season Ogletree's play is going to be extremely crucial to the Rams. He's already in the nickel package next to MLB James Laurinaitis and hardly ever leaves the field.

jjab360

Legend
I loved the way that Peyton Manning got asked a question during the game about him and he was like "Well, that's just Alec Ogletree making a play", as if he was already a grizzled veteran doing what he always does. You know you've got a future when you leave an impression like that on one of the greatest of all time.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
OGLETREEEEE!!! <--- That's gonna be a common chant on Gameday threads this year. :bg:

The dude's a beast.

"HE IS WHO WE THOUGHT HE WAS!!!" :lol:

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
jjab360 said:
I loved the way that Peyton Manning got asked a question during the game about him and he was like "Well, that's just Alec Ogletree making a play", as if he was already a grizzled veteran doing what he always does. You know you've got a future when you leave an impression like that on one of the greatest of all time.

Greatest of all time? Yeah I agree. :p

A55VA6

Legend
jjab360 said:
Ogletree has a bright future. So excited. This defense man... it can be NASTY.

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
No doubt this kid has a bright future with the RAMS. My only thought... give Tavon some love and block that damn punter. Alec looked gassed trying to keep with Austin. :sly:

TK42-RAM

... still not at my post.
Should be a huge confidence boost going into the regular season -- looked great.

RamzFanz

Damnit
MontanaRamsFan said:
No doubt this kid has a bright future with the RAMS. My only thought... give Tavon some love and block that damn punter. Alec looked gassed trying to keep with Austin. :sly:

A) I'm only quoting you for the tits.

B) Did you see TA PUSHING the Tree to get him to speed up? Imagine when they teach the ST to lead him. Oh baby!