Rams Land Clowney, Mosley, and Yankey in Draft Simulator

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
If anything I was entertained while reading this.

It just seems that that's too many trades to be realistic, but when I read the depth chart at the end, it looks impressive. Good job.

MerlinJones

Pro Bowler
I don't know. I just think Clowney, while physically elite, is going to be a bust at the next level.
From articles I've read it doesn't sound like he is particularly driven or dedicated when it comes to football (more interested in the perks), and success in the NFL requires both of those traits.

I'd take Jake Matthews at 3 if it were me. Not a sexy pick, but he could anchor the line for the next decade if he stays healthy.

I also prefer Cyril Richardson to Yankey, but that's just me.

Otherwise I think it's a pretty strong draft.

BigRamFan

Super Bowl XXXVI was rigged!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
Loved the article and the draft results. We did miss out on some names that I liked but great work overall. I would like to see A. Pettis in one of those 5 left over roster spots.

iBruce

Pro Bowler
Name
Cory
Haha. Loved the fake tweets. Entertaining read. Too good to be true though.

JoeBo21

Hall of Fame
I don't know. I just think Clowney, while physically elite, is going to be a bust at the next level.
From articles I've read it doesn't sound like he is particularly driven or dedicated when it comes to football (more interested in the perks), and success in the NFL requires both of those traits.

I'd take Jake Matthews at 3 if it were me. Not a sexy pick, but he could anchor the line for the next decade if he stays healthy.

yea just like Alshon Jeffery :rolleyes:

BigHornRAMM

Rookie
Name
BigHorn
lol I enjoyed the read also. I just don't want Clowney either.. But fun read non the less

V3

Hall of Fame
I love his pre-draft moves (Byrd, Saffold, and cuts) but I don't like all the trade downs. You're getting into a quality over quantity issue. I don't think we NEED an OLB in the first round, either. If we had a decent nickle CB, I'm sure we'd only use 2 LB's more often than not. Could be wrong on that but I'm not sure OLB is the best value in the first round for this team.

MerlinJones

Pro Bowler

Well, I could probably throw several names out there of players with spectacular upside and red flags that did bust, but you just stick with Jeffrey and keep rolling your eyes about it.

One guy that didn't fail definitely negates all the ones that did.

rhinobean

Hall of Fame
Name
Bob

Like your picks better! Rather trade down for more picks. Not too far down though!

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
I like it. Clowney chilling with Quinn and Long is exactly what he needs. They'd call him out in a hurry I bet.

Alan

Legend
V3 with a well reasoned demurral:
I don't think we NEED an OLB in the first round, either. If we had a decent nickle CB, I'm sure we'd only use 2 LB's more often than not. Could be wrong on that but I'm not sure OLB is the best value in the first round for this team.

Look at the 3 biggest needs of all the teams (listed in another post) and you'll see only 8 teams who need an OLB and only 2 who run a 4-3:
OLB: Giants (4-3), Chargers (3-4), Packers (3-4), Cardinals (3-4), Eagles (3-4), Bengals (4-3), Saints (3-4), Colts (3-4)
The Colts don't even have a first rounder. I feel pretty confident we can get a very good OLB later in the draft.

I'll say it again, I want no part of Clowney.

V3

Hall of Fame

All the talk about Jeffery happened right before the draft. If you know anything about the draft, it should be to NEVER trust anything you hear/read near draft time.

With Clowney, it's different. The talk started well before the draft AND one of the sources was his coach.

V3

Hall of Fame
At 29, if Evans is still there, I'm taking him over an OG. That value's too good to pass up. I don't see him lasting to the second half, though, let alone the bottom of round 1.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Thanks for the draft site. I did it last night and it was a lot of fun. I didn't do too well though. I'll have to practice a little bit. A whole lot of trading going on with that game. I turned down as many trades as I took and still had to trade a lot of picks away and I stiill ended up drafting 13 players.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Love the Clowney Pick, however, far too many trades and the Rams will select a QB in either the 3rd or 4th round you know it, I know it and the American People know it!

Memphis Ram

Legend
I'm not convinced that Byrd won't be tagged again. Nor am I convinced the Rams will be able to sign Saffold. But, if at all possible, both moves probably bring the Rams to tight against the cap again.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
I'm not convinced that Byrd won't be tagged again. Nor am I convinced the Rams will be able to sign Saffold. But, if at all possible, both moves probably bring the Rams to tight against the cap again.

Yep agree. And that's not where we need to be that is real bad! I would concentrate mainly on Saffold he is a very good Ram but would not move beyond what is sound good price! I would like a vet like Byrd but NO on his cost factor!