Rams Johnny Hekker donates to fire victims

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

VeteranRamFan

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Dale
Local news here in So Cal showed Johnny Hekker handing out donated items at the fire evacuation center at the Ventura County fairgrounds.

He went shopping and bought clothing and other items and then drove up to Ventura to hand these items out at a rescue shelter.

Sorry I don't have a link.

What an unselfish act from such a great guy. This act alone defines his character.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
I saw that last night as well. He and his wife went to target and bought a lot of diapers,supplies and toiletries and took them to a shelter for the people that were evacuated.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/12/15/johnny-hekker-named-this-weeks-nflpa-community-mvp/

Johnny Hekker named this week’s NFLPA Community MVP
Posted by Josh Alper on December 15, 2017

888020106-e1513356874266.jpg

Getty Images

Wildfires in California have impacted many of the state’s residents and Rams punter Johnny Hekkerhas worked to help out those who have been affected.

Hekker and his wife donated diapers, clothes and other goods to a shelter in Ventura County and then went on to organize other relief efforts with the Rams, his teammates and fans in order to provide as much help as possible.

“The Los Angeles wildfires were happening in my back yard, so taking action was a simple way to extend a helping hand to my neighbors in need,” Hekker said.

The NFLPA has named Hekker as their Community MVP for Week 14. Hekker will receive $10,000 for his foundation or a charity of his choice and will join this year’s other winners in becoming eligible for this year’s Byron “Whizzer” White Award.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Local news here in So Cal showed Johnny Hekker handing out donated items at the fire evacuation center at the Ventura County fairgrounds.

He went shopping and bought clothing and other items and then drove up to Ventura to hand these items out at a rescue shelter.

Sorry I don't have a link.

What an unselfish act from such a great guy. This act alone defines his character.

Hekker is probably the player I would most like to hang out with..........he's just a good egg. He reminds me off the field of SJackson. Just quality human being types of guys.