Rams-Jets Preview (Associated Press)

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
By JEFF BARTL (STATS Writer) | The Associated Press – 12 hours ago
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/jets-rams- ... --nfl.html

hi-res-156054420_crop_650.jpg

There's a strong possibility many NFL teams will be starting backup quarterbacks in Week 11 for one reason or another, though the New York Jets won't be one of them.

That seems to be just fine with a few unidentified teammates of Mark Sanchez and Tim Tebow.

Coach Rex Ryan's task of helping the slumping Jets remain positive is becoming increasingly difficult as they prepare for their road matchup with the St. Louis Rams on Sunday.

New York (3-6) is on the verge of losing four consecutive games for the first time since dropping six straight in 2007, and much of the blame has fallen on the right arm of the struggling Sanchez.

He finished 9 of 22 for 124 yards and an interception while losing a fumble for the third straight week in last Sunday's 28-7 loss at Seattle. Sanchez, who has completed an NFL-worst 52.0 percent of his passes, isn't making excuses for his spotty play.

"I have got to make better decisions," said Sanchez, whose 70.9 passer rating ranks 30th. "Careless mistakes. Totally on me."

Sanchez has received plenty of criticism, but Ryan has decided to stick with him as the starter despite some calls for Tebow to take over and questions of Ryan's own job security.

"With me, I will never waver," Ryan said. "I am not going to make a decision to save my job. I am in it to win games. I'm not sitting back concentrating on how do I save my job. I am concentrating on how do we win."

Ryan's decision regarding the quarterback situation seems to be backed in the locker room, but how he's heard of that support doesn't exactly make him happy.

According to a report Wednesday, multiple players and members of the organization spoke anonymously in support of Sanchez while bashing Tebow, with one player allegedly calling Tebow "terrible."

[wrapimg=right]http://i.imgur.com/FPLiX.png[/wrapimg]It's yet another drama-filled controversy surrounding the Jets that Ryan believes is unacceptable.

"If you're not going to put your name to it, I think that's about as cowardly of a thing there is," Ryan said. "I don't want to get into specifics of what I said, but I did address it with our football team. If you're searching for things to try to drive a wedge through the team, my thing is, I believe in this team.

"I believe this team is (together), will continue to be and maybe even become tighter. I'm confident that will be the case."

Tebow, in his typical fashion, brushed off the alleged comments and pledged to do whatever is necessary to help the team.

"I always find the good and the positive in every situation," Tebow said. "The positive of this is to go and work a little harder and build better relationships with your teammates."

Sanchez had similar thoughts.

"I've been in those shoes," Sanchez said. "I feel for Tim. You wake up the next day and you keep playing."
Combined with the internal issues, New York must now contend with a Rams team that played NFC West-leading San Francisco to a 24-all tie last Sunday on the road.

St. Louis (3-5-1) went winless through a three-game stretch facing Green Bay, New England and the 49ers and was on the verge of a victory last week before blowing a 10-point second-half lead.

"Shoot, you know, we can be proud of the way we gave the effort, and like I said we went toe-to-toe with a team we have great respect for," defensive end Chris Long said.

Sam Bradford had another strong game, finishing 26 of 39 for 275 yards and a pair of touchdowns. He completed a long pass to Danny Amendola in overtime that would have set up the potential winning touchdown, but it was called back due to a penalty.

Amendola finished with 11 catches for 102 yards after missing the last three games with a shoulder injury.
"I think our offense as a whole has really made a lot of strides in the past couple weeks," said Bradford, who has completed 66.9 percent of his passes over the last four games. "I think last week was evidence of what we're capable of when we don't shoot ourselves in the foot. We still made mistakes but for the most part I think that was our most complete game as an offense. We put up a lot of yards and a fair amount of points against a really good defense."

He'll face a Jets team that is sixth in the NFL against the pass allowing 203.8 yards per game but also ranks 30th giving up an average of 145.0 rushing yards.

New York allowed 174 yards rushing last week, and that's good news for Rams running back Steven Jackson, who finished with season highs of 29 carries and 101 yards with a touchdown against the 49ers.

These teams have never met during Ryan's tenure, and the Jets' 47-3 rout in the most recent matchup Nov. 9, 2008, ended a seven-game losing streak in the series.

5f0f3fbeffa247a1a083782.png

bluecoconuts

Legend
Just a random thought, if Rex Ryan were to be fired, and Williams isn't brought back next year, you think Ryan would be a fit at DC?

A friend of mine brought it up when we were talking about the Tebow crap that came out yesterday. Ryan is a good DC, but I was saying I don't think the personality would work for the team, and probably would be too expensive. Was an interesting thought though. He's pretty sure that Ryan will be fired and they'll draft a QB to replace Sanchez next year. He's a Jets fan, so he's sure that they'll draft another shitty QB, I told him he'll get another USCer with Barkley.