Rams weigh 5 trading partners for WR Brandin Cooks - Revisited from 2017 trade rumor TO the Rams

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

InnovatedMind

NO MA'AM President
Name
Joe
ok, even if thats the case then why havent the rams accepted a deal for a 1st then. if the rams dont want him, and tru is worth more than a 1st should a deal be done already?

We haven't gotten any 1st round offers for Tru yet, that I am aware of. Did you see something on twitter?

InnovatedMind

NO MA'AM President
Name
Joe
EXACTLY!!!!! cuz teams dont think hes worth a 1st. I dont get what is being missed here

... I said NOT YET, Picked. There are multiple teams inquiring about Tru, that only drives the price up. If we get 2, 2 rounders, or a 2nd round and a 3rd, then go for it. We get a Brandin Cooks for Tru, we take it.

Where's your source that "teams dont think hes worth a 1st".

lockdnram21

Legend
... I said NOT YET, Picked. There are multiple teams inquiring about Tru, that only drives the price up. If we get 2, 2 rounders, or a 2nd round and a 3rd, then go for it. We get a Brandin Cooks for Tru, we take it.

I've seen reports that rams wanted a 2nd amd another lower pick and teams were saying that was high.... Me personally don't think he's even worth a 3rd especially if u have to pay him 16

Barrison

Hall of Fame
Name
Barry
This is juicy.
Juicy.gif

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Teams will be lookin at round 1 value at CB well into round 2 in this draft. I would take a 2nd round pick from this draft in a heartbeat for Tru.

Picked4td

Pro Bowler

so hes worth more than a 1st, but itll take a few days for someone to actually offer a 1st? cmon man, if teams thought he was worth more than a 1st they would have offered it already. but like I said, we'll just have to agree to disagree cuz this clearly is going no where

InnovatedMind

NO MA'AM President
Name
Joe
so hes worth more than a 1st, but itll take a few days for someone to actually offer a 1st? cmon man, if teams thought he was worth more than a 1st they would have offered it already. but like I said, we'll just have to agree to disagree cuz this clearly is going no where

It clearly is... If you're a team trying to snag Tru, you're not going to say "Hey Rams, Can I give you my highest pick for Tru?" right off the bat.

Logic fail

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
Might be getting close to the time to let it rest for awhile maybe ???

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If he even gets traded....Lets see how he does on a team with a average QB. That's all im saying.
Well that's why we hope we get him to pair with Goff so he doesn't suffer that fate!

markstewart67

Rookie
I'm pretty sure they're trying to trade Cooks because of cap problems - TruJo likely doesn't help with that.

Cooks for Ogletree though - both on their last years...I wouldn't say no
I am so NOT okay with trading Ogletree!! The guy is getting better and better. No way would I do that trade.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm pretty sure they're trying to trade Cooks because of cap problems - TruJo likely doesn't help with that.

Cooks for Ogletree though - both on their last years...I wouldn't say no

No, they're trying to trade Cooks because he has been complaining incessantly about not getting enough targets. They aren't having major cap problems. They have about $30 million in cap room.

…..

Legend
Its all just moving weaknesses around.

We are currently weak at WR and just ok at CB

Trade Tru for Cooks and

We'll be just ok at WR and weak at CB

juicy yes......but in the end?

Meh....

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Its all just moving weaknesses around.

We are currently weak at WR and just ok at CB

Trade Tru for Cooks and

We'll be just ok at WR and weak at CB

juicy yes......but in the end?

Meh....

It makes a huge difference if they see Cooks as a scheme fit and don't see Tru as a scheme fit. Plus, this draft is stacked at CB.

…..

Legend
It makes a huge difference if they see Cooks as a scheme fit and don't see Tru as a scheme fit. Plus, this draft is stacked at CB.

Thats true it could make a huge difference....but those things still need to work themselves out and be proven. Forgive me if I am a bit hesitant to be encouraged by "things working themselves out"

To me it stands as trading one weakness for another. But i am more enthusiastic about trusting a young CB to transition before a young WR, so I'll relent to that.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Thats true it could make a huge difference....but those things still need to work themselves out and be proven. Forgive me if I am a bit hesitant to be encouraged by "things working themselves out"

To me it stands as trading one weakness for another. But i am more enthusiastic about trusting a young CB to transition before a young WR, so I'll relent to that.

Well, we're also receiving $15 million in cap room if we make that deal.

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
I guess it all does come down to scheme - I like Cooks (I have the Saints in the ROD Mock so I've been looking at their tape from last year) but if he's a moaner about targets, then to me that's a red flag - we know McVay likes to spread his targets around.

That said, I would be happy with Cooks, JuJu and Tavon as our top 3 WRs next season.