Rams weigh 5 trading partners for WR Brandin Cooks - Revisited from 2017 trade rumor TO the Rams

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

InnovatedMind

NO MA'AM President
Name
Joe
that logic is flawed because im 99% positive the rams arent getting any thing around the #18 pick for Tru. hell getting any 1st would be a bit of a surprise

So what you're saying is, you don't know?

How is it flawed? You're getting a proven player instead of a player that MIGHT be good. It's not flawed.

Tru + a 2018 pick for Cooks is better than #18 straight up.

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
yeah because every WR and QB that come out of college are successful.

Smith, Austin, and Bailey. The End.

You proved my point. He did it with a shit QB, and then tore it up in the bigs when others didn't. But the condescending tone is great.

HitStick

Van Jefferson’s #1 fan
If I'm a professional receiver, I'm looking at more than just a rough rookie start. I'm looking at the organization, the pieces behind such organization, their philosophies, immediate future goals, the trend direction, and if I can see myself there in a few years, with the same group of guys.

... many other factors than just "Oh Jared is a Rookie, no thanks"

After going 7-9 and showing a lot more than Goff did, we couldn't bring in a vet WR that was worth a damn for Bradford. You can argue the one year wonder of Lloyd I guess...

Be realistic or your setting yourself up for disappointment. Dre Kirkpatrick showed me the light. I thought most players wanted to play for our defense and Wade Phillips until the "I want to win" comment. Until we win, don't expect anything.

StealYoGurley

Pro Bowler
three pages because a facebook fan page started a rumor.
here is a little more than a facebook post. Important stuff in bold

http://www.nj.com/sports/index.ssf/2017/03/nfl_free_agency_saints_brandin_cooks_trade_will_se.html

The Eagles have been linked to virtually every free agent wide receiver set to be available when the market opens on Wednesday and according to Adam Schefter, the first move to set the market will be whatever the Saints decide to do with Brandin Cooks who has been the subject of trade rumors for the past week.

As has been reported by multiple circles, the Eagles are among several teams including the Tennessee Titans, New England Patriots and potentially others that have been in talks with the Saints about trading for Cooks.

Schefter says that he believes that until the Saints strike a deal, the wide receiver market could be stagnant as teams put together their free agency plans.

"I thought there was a chance that it would be resolved by now, but it hasn't been," Schefter said Wednesday on 97.5 The Fanatic of the Cooks trade speculation. "Obviously the Saints are pushing this out and trying to maximize their leverage -- which they should, that's the right business decision -- but, I think all of these teams would like answers so that they can make a decision of what to do from this point on.

"Free agency gets underway at 4 p.m. Eastern, tomorrow, teams need to know whether or not to make a move at wide receiver or not. Brandin Cooks, to me, is really the first big domino at the wide receiver position that has to fall. Until that happens, it's hard to know exactly how the rest of the wide receiver market is going to shake out."

DeSean looking for $11 million?

Just how far are the Eagles willing to go to reunite with receiver DeSean Jackson?

The Saints, according to multiple reports, are seeking some combination of high draft picks and pass rushers in return for the 23-year-old wide receiver who caught 78 passes for 1,173 yards and eight touchdowns last season.

"Everybody is focused on the Brandin Cooks domino," Schefter said. "Once we get that to happen, then we can figure out where Alshon Jeffery is going. We can figure out where DeSean Jackson is going. We can go down the list to where we get to someone like Kenny Britt."

If the Eagles, who currently have approximately $8.68 million in cap space one day before free agency begins, are truly interested in Cooks to bolster the talent at wide receiver they could have some significant competition from teams with high picks to offer the Saints in a trade.

"We know that the Eagles are in, Titans are in, Patriots are in, the Rams have had some conversations and maybe others," Schefter said of the burgeoning interest in Stills. "The Saints are trying to maximize their leverage and see what they can pull out of this."

KOWALSKI

Rookie
fair enough.
but listen to schefter. it sounds more like the rams are not really into it.

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake
You proved my point. He did it with a crap QB, and then tore it up in the bigs when others didn't. But the condescending tone is great.
No I proved my point. Austin and Smith looked like the real deals in college. Neither of them have succeeded. I'm saying most of Cooks success is due to dru Brees not cooks abilities. Time will tell...

InnovatedMind

NO MA'AM President
Name
Joe
No I proved my point. Austin and Smith looked like the real deals in college. Neither of them have succeeded. I'm saying most of Cooks success is due to dru Brees not cooks abilities. Time will tell...

Brandin Cooks:

2015 (rookie year):
84/1138/13.5/9 --- WR Rank: 12

2016 (sophomore):
78/1173/15.0/8 --- WR Rank: 8

when your season production ranks you into the top 15 every year, especially your rookie year, and you're improving that number... it means that you are exceeding at the highest level. It means it wasn't just Brees, that it was individual talent too.

Time has already told you, in regards to Brandin Cooks.

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack

So Bree's is the one that makes Cooks burn defenders? He makes Cooks haul in the tough catches? Riiiiiight.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake
Brandin Cooks:

2015 (rookie year):
84/1138/13.5/9 --- WR Rank: 12

2016 (sophomore):
78/1173/15.0/8 --- WR Rank: 8

"Neither of them have succeeded" ... when your season production ranks you into the top 15 every year, especially your rookie year, and you're improving that number... it means that you are exceeding at the highest level. It means it wasn't just Brees, that it was individual talent too.

Time has already told you, in regards to Brandin Cooks.

You should read it again... I'm talking about Smith and Austin.

InnovatedMind

NO MA'AM President
Name
Joe
You should read it again... I'm talking about Smith and Austin.

Or maybe you should speak clearly :p

" I'm saying most of Cooks success is due to dru Brees not cooks abilities. Time will tell..." ... You're talking about Cooks... Hence my post, which was on point.

Picked4td

Pro Bowler
So what you're saying is, you don't know?

How is it flawed? You're getting a proven player instead of a player that MIGHT be good. It's not flawed.

Tru + a 2018 pick for Cooks is better than #18 straight up.

except you didnt say Tru + a pick. you originally said Tru is better than the 18th pick which has basically been proven true considering no one has given a 1st for tru yet, and theres no way the Rams would be asking for more so if it was offered the deal would be done already. and while you are correct that you draft a player at 18 hoping hes the type of talent Tru is, that doesnt account for the cheaper price and long term security that comes with the draftee.

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake
Or maybe you should speak clearly :p

" I'm saying most of Cooks success is due to dru Brees not cooks abilities. Time will tell..." ... You're talking about Cooks... Hence my post, which was on point.

If he even gets traded....Lets see how he does on a team with a average QB. That's all im saying.

InnovatedMind

NO MA'AM President
Name
Joe
except you didnt say Tru + a pick. you originally said Tru is better than the 18th pick which has basically been proven true considering no one has given a 1st for tru yet, and theres no way the Rams would be asking for more so if it was offered the deal would be done already. and while you are correct that you draft a player at 18 hoping hes the type of talent Tru is, that doesnt account for the cheaper price and long term security that comes with the draftee.

The Cheaper price tag doesn't mean better deal. Tru will get signed to a long term contract, so "long term security" is already baked in.

Also, Tru IS better than the 18th pick, but to get a deal done, you would need to add in a future pick. Nothing I said was wrong or contradictory.

Trading for Tru even with his pricetag is a better deal for a win now type of team with an aging HOF QB.

Picked4td

Pro Bowler
The Cheaper price tag doesn't mean better deal. Tru will get signed to a long term contract, so "long term security" is already baked in.

Also, Tru IS better than the 18th pick, but to get a deal done, you would need to add in a future pick. Nothing I said was wrong or contradictory.

Trading for Tru even with his pricetag is a better deal for a win now type of team with an aging HOF QB.

we are going to have to agree to disagree then. if having tru was better than having the18th pick the Rams wouldnt be trying to trade him.

HitStick

Van Jefferson’s #1 fan
we are going to have to agree to disagree then. if having tru was better than having the18th pick the Rams wouldnt be trying to trade him.

Not necessarily true. We need offense if we're going to do anything this year and if tru doesn't want a long term deal here, why keep him?

InnovatedMind

NO MA'AM President
Name
Joe

What are you talking about? Ofcourse they would, it's about cap space and rebuilding... turning 1 player into 2-3.

Also, ofcourse we would... Tru for Brandin Cooks (who is better than the 18th)... this is a win/win for us.

Picked4td

Pro Bowler
Not necessarily true. We need offense if we're going to do anything this year and if tru doesn't want a long term deal here, why keep him?

ok, even if thats the case then why havent the rams accepted a deal for a 1st then. if the rams dont want him, and tru is worth more than a 1st shouldnt a deal be done already?