Rams in Play for #1 Pick + Top QB Discussion

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm posting this article because I thought there were things that people might find interesting in it. It discusses the QB responsibilities in their respective offenses and it mentions that the Rams are in play to move up to #1:
http://mmqb.si.com/mmqb/2016/03/23/nfl-draft-carson-wentz-jared-goff-paxton-lynch
1. At the moment, there are four teams in play to trade up to the No. 1 spot: Cleveland (as insurance against losing their preference of Goff or Wentz), San Francisco (No. 7), Philadelphia (No. 13) and Los Angeles (No. 15). And I don’t believe it will take the “king’s ransom” Titans GM Jon Robinson says a team will have to give up to move to No. 1. (Robinson later clarified his remarks, saying he did not want to give the impression the Titans were unwilling to move down). My hunch is that the deal will land somewhere south of the legitimate king’s ransom Washington paid for the right to draft Robert Griffin III—basically, three first-rounders and a second-round pick.

I recommend reading the whole thing, though. Has some interesting information on Wentz, Goff, and Lynch.(and Hackenberg)

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Well they may want to update the article to include Philly drafting at #8 not #13. I think that trade happened 2 weeks ago....

My only hope for Tennessee moving all the way down to 15 is that they feel they can get Ronnie Stanley there and that the difference between he and Tunsil is minor enough to make the deal

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I have watched plenty of Christian Hackenberg and never liked anything. I give Connor Cook a hard time, but he his head & shoulders above Hackenberg. Now as to the article sometimes it's refreshing to here the actual truth, but you have to share some of the responsibility when things go awry, but even given that Hackenberg put the blame on others, IMHO, I just don't feel he has it and of all the QB's coming out this year, he scares me the most.

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I also come away with being okay with Wentz or Goff, Goff hand size does concern me because of fumbles and such and wearing a glove has helped QB's with small hands as well. In the end I am hopeful the Rams end up with Goff or Wentz, I prefer Wentz based on size and overall athletic ability, however, IMO, Goff could come right in and start from day one and never look back plus he's California's native son and that is a nice story too for the franchise IMO.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I have watched plenty of Christian Hackenberg and never liked anything. I give Connor Cook a hard time, but he his head & shoulders above Hackenberg. Now as to the article sometimes it's refreshing to here the actual truth, but you have to share some of the responsibility when things go awry, but even given that Hackenberg put the blame on others, IMHO, I just don't feel he has it and of all the QB's coming out this year, he scares me the most.

I have seen plenty of Hackenberg and Cook. I don't want either, but I think they are very similar QBs. Put Hackenberg on the Michigan State team and Cook on PSU and the results would be very similar. Neither handles the rush well, both have character concerns, accuracy issues and lack instinct.

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I have seen plenty of Hackenberg and Cook. I don't want either, but I think they are very similar QBs. Put Hackenberg on the Michigan State team and Cook on PSU and the results would be very similar. Neither handles the rush well, both have character concerns, accuracy issues and lack instinct.

I would agree for the most part, but I felt Cook was very successful earlier in his career than Hackenberg and agreed MSU was far better than Penn State....In the end let's just hope & pray the Rams get this pick right.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I would agree for the most part, but I felt Cook was very successful earlier in his career than Hackenberg and agreed MSU was far better than Penn State....In the end let's just hope & pray the Rams get this pick right.

Yeah, hope and pray they don't pick either.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Well they may want to update the article to include Philly drafting at #8 not #13. I think that trade happened 2 weeks ago....

My only hope for Tennessee moving all the way down to 15 is that they feel they can get Ronnie Stanley there and that the difference between he and Tunsil is minor enough to make the deal
As the Local ROD GM for the Eagles thanks for the correction! (y)You beat me to it!:D

I don't think the difference between Stanley and Tunsil is that Great!

:thinking:They (Tennessee) could also be interested in Jason Spriggs too, the kid has a lot going for him! 31.5 Vert. / 115 inch Broad jump / had a 4.44 shuttle / and did 7.70 in the cone!:)

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Praying they get Goff and we watch him torch the whiners while wearing 16 for the next decade.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
Wentz and ONLY wentz!

I'm trying to be careful with my emotions on this one.

If I'm honest w myself - this is kind of how I feel too. Mayock and DJ sold me on him and everything I see makes me like him more and more.

But - I also know enough to know that I don't know. Media hype has been wrong before - and it seems like the best QB in a draft class is not the first one taken about as often as it is.

The Rams will probably end up with someone else - and we need to be prepared to rally around that guy - whoever it is.

So I'm trying hard to keep my thoughts open. But Wentz looks good!

Goff, Lynch, Cardale, Allen - any one of these guys - or even some other guy - could be the next great Ram QB. I just wish draft weekend would arrive.

RaminExile

Hall of Fame
If we make a play foe Wentz or Goff it'll have to be a big one. Lots of teams are in the same position as us and all of them have guys on the message board saying "I have a good feeling well get one of these guys." So someone's going to be disappointed. Sellers market.

If we don't get either I hope we be smart and trade down a bit and try and get Laquon Treadwell at about 20 or so and get anther pick in the second or third.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
So he's smart enough to want to be a Ram...

Nice!