Rams in no hurry to choose a starting center/Wagoner

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
I would say there is a very good chance all three Barnes/Jones & Rhaney (if he shows he can play all three interior OL posts) will make this 53 player roster.

Saying that, I see no reason to rush to announce the starter @ this point. Let all three continue to fight hard to make the roster in addition fighting to earn the starting post to the final cuts!

Its been a long time since the Rams had so many centers still healthy going into the 3rd pre season game.....usually we barely have one healthy center walking . Boudreau will require any back up center must prove he can play all the interior posts to make this team.

WestCoastRam

Legend
I find it interesting that Rhaney is getting reps at LG and not Jones. Remember how Jones was at one time talked about as a Guard candidate back in the day. Are there tea leaves to be read here...

Whatever's going on, I think we start the season with 2 centers, not 3. We may not announce who's starting till the 1st game but I don't think we take 3 into the season.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
I think they know what they've got in Barnes, an average guy who might be able to get it done for a while. Rhaney testing the water against NFL talent to see if he is worth keeping. And this week Jones to see if there is any chance he is ready to take over the starting roll. If they stay with the plan he should get at least a half against the 1's on Indy's Dline.

I'm really hoping after this weekend Jones will demonstrate he not only has the IQ but can execute against high level competition.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Seriously though, the answer is David Wang. Look at him destroying Donald right here.

55c4108ced2da.image.jpg
Yes, I can tell by Donald's body language, that he's already conceded the win. Wang's body language is clearly showing Donald, where the Wang is located(y)

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
My trust in Fisher is beginning to sway more and more.

I wasn't a fan when they hired him. Thought he was overrated and never forgave him for trying to hurt Rams players the scrimmages after the Rams beat them in the super bowl.

I thought back then he was a dirty coach. Now, they call dirty "chippy".

I call it undisciplined and costly (penalties).

So, seeing how he is handling this Oline challenge doesn't surprise me. In fact, one could wonder aloud as to how we got in this situation in the first place.
As in try one thing (vets who get cast off by other teams (Wells... Long...), not much success... now do a massive rebuild through the draft.

Kind of like in 2013 when they were going to go spread offense... didn't work.

Kind of like when he insisted Hill was his starting QB as soon as he was ready. Nope. Then, Davis is the starter to the end of the season... nope (remember that wink in the interview?)

Just seems to me he flips... and flops a lot. Almost stubbornly sticking with Bradford, even after the second torn ACL.

I just get this feeling like we're "flying by the seat of our pants".

Yes, the talent level is increased over the prior two regimes...

But what I consider as a "scatter-shooting" method of coaching may be why he nevers gets us to the next level.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
How is Cam Erving doing? :hides behind couch:
Badly from what I read but that could also be because he's getting the GRob treatment. Spending time at multiple positions and not sticking at one and learning.