Rams in London

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

woofwoofmo

65 Toss Power Trap
We don't have two consecutive home games once this year. That's freaking bullcrap.

Last 2 games of the year - Home to San Francisco and Arizona. Better late than never I guess. Play havoc with the fans and both holidays.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
giphy.gif

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...h-work-to-do-before-giants-showdown/92334776/

Rams land in London with work to do before Giants showdown

LOS ANGELES (AP) — The Los Angeles Rams' flight from Detroit to London was a breeze, and the team arrived in England ready to start work for the upcoming week.

Fixing the problems revealed in Sunday's loss to the Lions will take a bit longer.

The Rams (3-3) have lost two straight heading into their game against the New York Giants at Twickenham Stadium this weekend, erasing their strongest start to a season in a decade.

A trip to London is an added complication for a team that has seemingly spent most of 2016 in transit, but the NFL and the Rams' support staff are making this journey as manageable as possible. The Rams had a team meal with their families at Ford Field before boarding their flight and touching down across the Atlantic on Monday.

"We came in this morning, and everything is set up," coach Jeff Fisher said in a phone interview from London. "We're ready to go. The coaches, as we speak, are game-planning downstairs. They haven't had a whole lot of sleep, but I think by Wednesday, we'll be OK. The players will be the same way. We're encouraging them to eat and take care of themselves."

The players have Tuesday off before returning to practice Wednesday, so the coaches have only a few days to address the shift in the Rams' problems revealed in Detroit.

After five weeks of the Los Angeles defense soundly outplaying the offense, quarterback Case Keenum set a franchise record for consecutive completions during an impressive offensive day in Detroit — only to be let down by the defense giving up 348 yards and 31 points.

"The offense did their job, and that's what the focus has been over the past month," Fisher said. "We're improving. We just need to keep it going. ... (Keenum) had a great day. It obviously wasn't enough to win. The difficulty we had in the game was keeping Detroit out of the end zone and 31 points is unacceptable from a defensive (standpoint). We had some opportunities to change the game. We just couldn't make the play we needed to make on defense."

The Rams also continued to be plagued by penalties. They're third in the NFL with 50 penalties for 435 yards. Still, Fisher insists: "I'm not overly concerned right now. Penalties aren't our problem."

(What?)

He's more concerned about getting execution from a defense that was missing two of its best players in Detroit: defensive end Robert Quinn and cornerback Trumaine Johnson. Los Angeles then lost defensive lineman Michael Brockers and defensive back Lamarcus Joyner to injuries during the game, and it's too early in the week to know who will be back this weekend at Twickenham.

"I expect our defense to bounce back as the health factor improves," Fisher said. "The encouraging thing for me in the big picture is the offense is making plays, and Case is comfortable, and we're pushing the ball down the field. We're getting the ball in the end zone. We're getting the ball to our playmakers."

Indeed, the Rams no longer have the NFL's 32nd-ranked offense, even if only for a week. After finishing last in 2015 and ranking last again this season, Los Angeles moved up to 31st with 387 yards at Detroit, boosting its average to 301.3 yards per game.

NOTES: Fisher said he apologized to Detroit coach Jim Caldwell after the Rams attempted to break through the Lions' offensive line on the final two plays, attempting to force a turnover in the Victory formation. Fisher indicated star DL Aaron Donald was upset about the Detroit offensive line's behavior earlier in the game, but didn't use it as an excuse.

"When the game's over, the game's over," Fisher said. "Pay respect to your opponent. ... We'll address it, and it's unlikely it will happen again." ... Brockers was sidelined in Detroit by a new injury, not the hip problem that kept him out against Buffalo earlier this month. ... OL Cody Wichmann could have played at Detroit, but wasn't needed, Fisher said. Wichmann has an ankle injury.

ScotsRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Niall
im south London .... i tried toi get on online said sold out

Every Wembley game I have been to has had touts selling outside - might be worth heading along anyway. Even if you can't get a ticket you can join in the tailgate!

HX76

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
im south London .... i tried toi get on online said sold out

I put my spare on offer on the Event thread and no one contacted me. I've sold it now sorry.

HX76

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Are the Rams holed up at Pennyhill Park?

gabriel18

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Wow That means a 6:30 AM kickoff for you west coast guys . That's a bit early to have a cold one isn't it ?

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Wow That means a 6:30 AM kickoff for you west coast guys . That's a bit early to have a cold one isn't it ?
Will be a screwdriver morning I'm thinking.

The Rams need to spend some time with Arsenal and get Wenger to teach Fisher and staff some tactics.

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Every Wembley game I have been to has had touts selling outside - might be worth heading along anyway. Even if you can't get a ticket you can join in the tailgate!

Touts ae nightmare the last wembley game they were pumping them out for stupid money 3 fiddy .....and up .....i have arranged a showing at a mates house to try and convert a few friends to the NFL (have a feeling they might become giants fans if the rams pull thier usual shtick )

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Uh, did they watch games from the 60s to try and determine where to put the goal posts? Would be kind of funny if they just showed up for the game and they were like that lol.
I think those are rugby posts, haha. Pic is probably before they made the NFL changes this week.

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I put my spare on offer on the Event thread and no one contacted me. I've sold it now sorry.
no worries dude i dont venture much out of rams talk that ll teach me

For the first time ever the NFL descends onto Twickenham Stadium, as the New York Giants play the Los Angeles Rams in the 2016 NFL International Series. Kick-off is at 2.30pm BST. <-------- Bull crap Time Zone?

Tickets are now sold out.
Tickets sold out.
But I've got 2 of them, cherio.