1. To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Rams in London...Shyte

Discussion in 'RAMS - NFL TALK' started by Yamahopper, Jan 20, 2012.

1. Lesson Well-Known Member

Yeah, I'm not too happy about this.

If it was just one game, fine. But a game per season over the next three seasons, at a time when the lease issue is about to be brought up?
    :boohoo:

2. superfan24 Well-Known Member

Yep my thoughts exactly. The Rams are losing home field advantage for 1 game 3 seasons in a row. More about money then about winning

3. Anonymous Guest

It's a 3 year plan to excellence leading to the St. Louis Rams winning the Super Bowl in front of a St. Louis crowd.

4. Lesson Well-Known Member

I would be fine with that. However, the timing of the announcement isn't the best, but per Demoff, the league made the decision today.

5. Anonymous Guest

Yeah it's sad to see so many fans getting upset tummies over this and Berno causing a stink....but this is perfectly normal. The NFL wants teams to volunteer for the game and we've known this for years. What's normal is a new owner wanting to get brownie points with the league which is what SK is doing. Contrary to popular opinion those brownie points could be used just as much in helping keep the team in St. Louis.

6. Lesson Well-Known Member

Thing is, Kroenke isn't a new owner. New majority owner, yes, but new owner? No, not in the NFL. Many owners knew Stan before he was approved as majority owner.

Anyways, I am actually not going to make a deal about this anymore.

The comment by Demoff in his chat made me relax a little:

7. superfan24 Well-Known Member

They all play at the dome once a year, every year. NE every 8.

8. Anonymous Guest

Well minority owners get to hang around and participate in whatever the majority owner doesn't want to.....but minority owners really have no say unless the majority owner agrees. This is SK's opportunity to contribute as majority owner. For now I see no reason to think that is a bad thing.

9. Ram Quixote Knight Errant

I can understand why Kroenke volunteered for 3 years, and the value of the London stage, but I'm still not happy with the choice of opponent. I'd much rather play the Jets overseas and the Pats here.

I'll concede that if we are better and upset them, then the concerns over home field are moot, but the home fans still wouldn't be able to witness it personally.

I wonder if a fan brouhaha over the loss of a premier home game that only comes once every 8 years would make any difference? Yeah, I know, probably not, but that doesn't mean Stan shouldn't hear it.

10. Memento Ser Memento (alias, The Winged Knight).

I'm torn on this. On one hand, I don't like the fact that the Patsies were scheduled for the London game. I also don't like the fact that we're going to lose one home game over the next three years.

But on the other hand, it does give fans like ScotsRam a chance to see them in person, and it's also a chance to build up a new fanbase.

I could live if it was one home game. But three? I just wish that it was a road game instead. We need all the help we can get.

11. Angry Ram aka Captain RAmerica aka the OG Rammer

I think this is pretty cool. London is a cool city and it seems they're trying to find a team that Londoners can cheer for.

Doesn't really bother me.

12. Ramhusker Well-Known Member Pit Boss

The Londoners will like the HORNS and the Blue and Gold! I bet they get most of the support over there.

13. Username Has a Well-Known Member

Man, I was really looking forward to that Patriots game.

Sad that we're losing a home game, but I can see and respect what they're trying to do. Glad the players are excited about it and accepted it well.

14. Selassie I H. I. M.

Kevin is a smooth talker, it's not surprising that his father is a successful agent. I'm not trying to say he's a bullshitter, I'm just saying that he has put a LOT of thought into how he was going to "defend" this London crap. No wonder he looks like he hasn't seen the sunshine in months.

If the games allow the franchise to be more profitable,,, AND,,, help in the agreement for a permanent home for the Rams... I am all for it.

Ultimately, I believe that IS what's going to happen.

The 3 year commitment will help to create a Home Field advantage if you think about it. Those Brits will gravitate to the "Home" Team,,, until now they never knew what teams were going to play there.

Plus, I read that our players will be using Stan's soccer team's facilities for game prep (visiting teams won't have this luxury) during a regularly scheduled bye week every November.

Big-Pic ,,, Long-Term.

Permanent Home in The STL

15. brokeu91 Well-Known Member

I gotta tell you as a "St. Louis" Rams fan (who just happens to no longer live there), I take total offense to this. If I lived in St. Louis, I would definitely have season tickets. Given all of this, if I was a season ticket holder, I would seriously, seriously think about not re-upping for the next year...and I LOVE the Rams. LOVE them. I feel like I and the city I was born, the city my parents were born, the city my grandparents were born, the city my great-grandparents were born was just slapped in the face. I personally take this as an insult.

16. steferfootball Well-Known Member

Cue the Rams to London Chants! They already have a fanbase! :sly:

17. Anonymous Guest

Times are hard and this will make season tix more affordable. SK builds brownie points within the NFL. Playing in London may foster an additional esprit de corps within the team and organization too. Glass half full stuff.

18. superfan24 Well-Known Member

Discounting the price of preseason tix will make season tix more marketable.

19. Yamahopper Well-Known Member

Yeah it will take off 10%. But they had packages for $250 so not sure the cost is the issue. To the 6,000 missing fans per game it's more of a on field issue than cost.
    The Pats would have been a sellout for sure. The Browns and no one cares.

Whats pissing ppl off that they wanted to see them beat the Pats, and with Fisher there is that possibility.

This whole NFL in London thing is where they jump the shark. Not to pee pee off the old country fans but this is a nightmare for the teams and fans.

20. superfan24 Well-Known Member

Exactly, completely agree about the NE game.