Rams in London...Shyte

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
http://www.stltoday.com/sports/football ... f6878.html

NO. 1 QBS NFL SIGNINGS RAMS NEWS RAMS TALK FORUM SEASON RESULTS AP FOOTBALL NEWS

Rams' home game to be sent to London

The Rams are headed overseas next season.
League sources told the Post-Dispatch on Thursday night that the team will play an AFC foe — believed to be the New England Patriots — during the 2012 regular season in London.
London, of course, is the home of Rams owner Stan Kroenke’s Arsenal soccer team of the English Premier League.
The NFL games in London usually are played around mid-season. And with the exception of this season, when Chicago played Tampa Bay, all of the previous matchups have featured an NFC team vs. an AFC club.
The 2012 game will be a Rams "home" contest, meaning they will play only seven games next season in the Edward Jones Dome.
It is also believed that this could be a multi-year arrangement with the Rams, not unlike the Buffalo Bills playing in Toronto.
NFL commissioner Roger Goodell said in October that he had been talking to several teams about becoming regulars in London to help build an overseas following.
Such a development, Goodell said then, would be "very powerful and lead us to what we ultimately would like to do — have a franchise here in London."
Tampa Bay, owned by the Glazer family, has played in London two times in the past three seasons. The Glazers also own Manchester United of the Premier League.
The NFL began playing regular-season games in London in 2007, so this will be the sixth such contest played at Wembley Stadium, which seats 82,000.
The NFL has committed to play at least one regular-season contest there through 2016.

Read more: http://www.stltoday.com/sports/football ... z1jym8E9sH

Well freak me!!! first home game I will miss in 16 years. That's what we get for having the 2nd worst attendance.

Everyone says Rams to LA......Not me, if he moves the team it's to jolly old London.

bluecoconuts

Legend
Against the Pats? Probably just a move by the NFL to give New England an easier win. Rams need as many games in the dome as they can get.

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
bluecoconuts said:
Against the Pats? Probably just a move by the NFL to give New England an easier win. Rams need as many games in the dome as they can get.
Exactly, thats BS. I think the team with the better record should "host" the game. The Rams need as many home games as they can get.

Anonymous

Need to look at the big picture:

This should substantially cut the cost of season tix to St. Louis fans. These days everyone knows why that's a good thing. My hope is that the date is announced quickly to give enough time to book the dome for another event so as to not lose $$$ to the local economy.

Does anyone really believe the Rams were going to beat NE in the dome? Besides if lightning does strike....the Rams win in London will get more exposure.....possibly played at a better time for watching in the US? 4 hours difference from ETZ so if starts at 8 pm London time a 4 pm ET start and 1 pm PT start.

Travesty is it's a Rams home game when the stands will have ample NE fans due to the discount airline tix to London.

HeiseNBerg

Pro Bowler
squeaky wheel said:
Travesty is it's a Rams home game when the stands will have ample NE fans due to the discount airline tix to London.

Hey, you never know...maybe the Kroenke connection will draw the Arsenal faithful out to the game, to cheer on the Rams.

libertadrocks

Hall of Fame
I see this as a good thing. It is reportedly a multi-year deal to play there. Gives us a opportunity to expand our fan base and once our team get acclimated to the trip it becomes a competitive advantage.

JL's pumped too:
Pumped about London! My dad n hawk wrestled at wembley stadium!! Going to be cool to play there!!

NI Ram Fam

UDFA
Getting too see the Rams in London would be awesome!

Wherever Scots Ram is, I'd bet he's smiling also.

Are there any other UK fans here??

On another note, as the game is likely to be in late October (when it usually is), the greasy London weather and the grass pitch (sorry, field), a good dose of #39 has a good chance of prevailing against McDaniels' spread attack.

NI Ram Fam

UDFA
squeaky wheel said:
Need to look at the big picture:
possibly played at a better time for watching in the US? 4 hours difference from ETZ so if starts at 8 pm London time a 4 pm ET start and 1 pm PT start.

It's 5 hours between EST and GMT. On a normal NFL week, the Sunday games start at 6pm, 9pm and 1am for the Sunday/Monday night games. It's a hell of a way to spend your Sunday evening/night. The London game usually kicks off at 6pm UK time.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
I cannot remember ... aren't the London games Nationally televised ???

JdashSTL

Pro Bowler
Yeah its a 3-year deal, similar to what the Bills have with Toronto. I have no idea what connection this could have to the Dome's lease.

NI Ram Fam

UDFA
It could be a kind of leverage manoeuvre from Stan. If the games are televised nationally in the US, then hopefully coupled with a winning team and a high profile head coach, national interest in the Rams could be much increased. If there's more of a demand to see the Rams on a national/international scale, it'll give him a credible threat to leave in his negotiations with CVC.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
JdashSTL said:
Yeah its a 3-year deal, similar to what the Bills have with Toronto. I have no idea what connection this could have to the Dome's lease.

Yep. All home games. Maybe Stan is going to move the team over there........

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Damnit! I'm going to London in May! I wonder if I could talk my wife in rescheduling this trip????? NO! Damnit!

libertadrocks

Hall of Fame
bluecoconuts said:
Selassie I said:
I cannot remember ... aren't the London games Nationally televised ???

No they're not.

They arnt really "nationally televised", but they have usually been the game with the best nationwide coverage. So its nationally televised unless you live in the immediate area of a team playing at the same time.

The London games are given preferential treatment

superfan24

Starter
I am very pissed about this. So much for the ROD tailgate for the NE game when we beat the Cheaters in STL. Fuck I was really pumped to go to this game and now won't be able to for what another 8 years. And now taking away a regular season game for 3 straight years while still making us pay for shit preseason games is really shitty. No season tix holder is gonna be happy that they are taking the prime game away from next season to London where noone even goes to the game. O well what are we gonna do to stop Stan and Goodell.....nothing cause it doesn't seem they care what we think. How is Stan gonna convince STL fans to continue to send their payments in for the PSL and season tix when shit like this happens while still having to shell out $200 worthless dollars for the preseason games?

Anonymous

superfan24 said:
I am very pissed about this. So much for the ROD tailgate for the NE game when we beat the Cheaters in STL. freak I was really pumped to go to this game and now won't be able to for what another 8 years. And now taking away a regular season game for 3 straight years while still making us pay for shyte preseason games is really cruddy. No season tix holder is gonna be happy that they are taking the prime game away from next season to London where noone even goes to the game. O well what are we gonna do to stop Stan and Goodell.....nothing cause it doesn't seem they care what we think. How is Stan gonna convince STL fans to continue to send their payments in for the PSL and season tix when shyte like this happens while still having to shell out $200 worthless dollars for the preseason games?

The season tix will be discounted.

superfan24

Starter
squeaky wheel said:
superfan24 said:
I am very pissed about this. So much for the ROD tailgate for the NE game when we beat the Cheaters in STL. freak I was really pumped to go to this game and now won't be able to for what another 8 years. And now taking away a regular season game for 3 straight years while still making us pay for shyte preseason games is really cruddy. No season tix holder is gonna be happy that they are taking the prime game away from next season to London where noone even goes to the game. O well what are we gonna do to stop Stan and Goodell.....nothing cause it doesn't seem they care what we think. How is Stan gonna convince STL fans to continue to send their payments in for the PSL and season tix when shyte like this happens while still having to shell out $200 worthless dollars for the preseason games?

I understand that, but for the game that everyone wants to go to in STL.

Anonymous

superfan24 said:
squeaky wheel said:
superfan24 said:

I understand that, but for the game that everyone wants to go to in STL.

Not everyone. The 49ers and AZ are big games too. Seattle is close also.

ScotsRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Niall
:D :D :D :D best news ever. If anyone wants to come over I'll help look after you!