Rams in better shape after loss

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Name
RamFanDave
I know it was a very disappointing loss but due to the Wentz injury and Seahag loss we are actually in better position to make a playoff run than we were before Sunday!!

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
Problem is if they win that game they are in great shape to get a bye and would be on the verge of locking up a playoff spot.

Huge missed opportunity.... but like I said in another thread, they did impress me and feel better about them as a team. Still have areas to get better, but responded well multiple times throughout. Just a couple bad playcalls in those last two series.

JackStraw

Rookie
This doesn't put Ram's in better shape it just makes the final 3 games as exciting and significant since end of 2000 regular season - the one where it took a Paul Edinger bomb of a kick in the Silverdome as time expired to get us a play off bid/match up vs New Orleans in playoffs. '10 wasn't very exciting cause the team had a losing record and we all knew even if we got in post season best case scenario we end losing a close on vs NO. Rams played their best football in the first 10 games(outside of that torture rack Detriot put us) that year.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Problem is if they win that game they are in great shape to get a bye and would be on the verge of locking up a playoff spot.

Huge missed opportunity.... but like I said in another thread, they did impress me and feel better about them as a team. Still have areas to get better, but responded well multiple times throughout. Just a couple bad playcalls in those last two series.
Looking at this glass half full, if we secure the third seed, we'll get a wild card game at home and (if we win) then go to Philly to play the eagles without Wentz. That's not a bad deal.
Now securing that seed is the key.

HeiseNBerg

Pro Bowler
I know it was a very disappointing loss but due to the Wentz injury and Seahag loss we are actually in better position to make a playoff run than we were before Sunday!!

First and foremost: the Rams HAVE to take care of business in Seattle.

Ramstien

Hall of Fame
Name
Ramstien
Like I said before this is a young team with a young coach that is learning how to win in the NFL. Next step is to learn how to finish games on offense and defense. Hope they figure that out this weekend.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
Looking at this glass half full, if we secure the third seed, we'll get a wild card game at home and (if we win) then go to Philly to play the eagles without Wentz. That's not a bad deal.
Now securing that seed is the key.

Actually the 3rd seed will send you to the 2 seed, likely Minn. Philly will probably hold one the 1 seed at this point. Weak schedule and they will rally in the short term around Foles...

Ellard80

Legend

Uhh... no... If you genuinely feel this way i need to borrow some of that.

I'm uneasy about the future.. very uneasy.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
No, we're not in better shape after losing to the Eagles but I like this pic from the game.

Zodi

Hall of Fame
If we don't beat Seattle, I couldn't care less about the playoffs. We need to beat them.

gabriel18

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Sorry but the loss was a huge one . 4 point lead in the 4th quarter and Wentz out was the time to cement the playoffs spot . I saw what the Hags did to a full strength Eagles team two weeks ago and I'm very worried that the Rams can win in Seattle.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Actually the 3rd seed will send you to the 2 seed, likely Minn. Philly will probably hold one the 1 seed at this point. Weak schedule and they will rally in the short term around Foles...
Minnesota has the tiebreaker right? I think Philly loses one more

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
Minnesota has the tiebreaker right? I think Philly loses one more
not any more... with Vikes losing to Carolina and Eagles beating us, they now have a better Colin opponent record since they beat Carolina

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
not any more... with Vikes losing to Carolina and Eagles beating us, they now have a better Colin opponent record since they beat Carolina
Eww that's nasty lol jk well then we'd have a tough divisional matchup

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
I'd rather avoid having to play Minnesota again at all. Anywhere. That's a bad matchup for us. Same with Carolina. Okay, throw Seattle in there too. Those are the type of front seven's that win playoff games and fuck things up for top shelf offenses.
We had one ourselves before Fisher's ship sunk along with his offensive ineptitude. Don't read too much into what i'm saying. Our future is very bright with Son of Bum and some of our pieces in place...but in a hypothetical world where GW's D and this McVay offense was married, this team would be a playoff juggernaut IMO. I'd have little concern over teams like MINN, SEA and CAR wrecking shit because we'd be wrecking shit for them and actually have the ability to points on the board offensively.

We need to get better defensively. I believe we will in the offseason when the pass rush, run D and secondary is addressed.

Picked4td

Pro Bowler
unless I missed something, Im pretty sure Rams make playoffs with 2 more wins. So while beating the Eagles and Seahawks would have been nice, its not really needed.