Rams hoping the 'other' Michael Thomas turns into a draft steal

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
Put it like this I don't think marquez will see much time at wr this year if any.

I hope you are right, because if Marquez isnt seeing time at WR that means that the guys at the top of the depth chart are getting it done.

RamzFanz

Damnit
I doubt he would have gotten a new contract if the Rams felt he was anything close to a bust. I think they feel like he's cleared a huge hurdle playing sparingly and not getting hurt again last year, especially the hit he took in the last game of the year. Now that he's getting a little more money I think he has to be 3rd on the chart and it will take some doing to knock Quick off this roster.

Should be great to watch over the OTAs and preseason, hopefully we'll start getting daily reports detailing the competition.

I guess it is a show of confidence kind of, not that it's much money, but his contract isn't going to protect him if he's not vastly improved.

RE: Quick he was a ghost last season at least in part due to rehabbing from a terrible injury. If he's not back to where he was getting to the year before then yes - you're right he's a full on bust. But I think he needs another real actual year to assess properly.

Could be, but according to the Rams though. They said he was 100% in TC. This is a persistent claim that has no source that I recall. Did anyone say this was the cause?

RamzFanz

Damnit
Just watch and see.

Final six will be
Austin
Britt
Cooper
Quick
Thomas
Those are locks to me
With north, marquez, and Mcroberts battling for last spot

OK, we shall see.

I like Quick. I'm pulling for Quick. Quick has amazing speed and if he resumes his 2014 play, I'm all in.

I just don't believe in Quick anymore but that's on him to prove me wrong. He was a one trick pony with a hell of a sweet trick, when it worked, which it didn't last season. He's a straight line speed deep threat with a rookie QB who is not, and Britt is better.

Marquez is a many trick pony, just none that are amazing. Reliability and ST contributions are important. I'll stand by my Wes Welker comparison.

Last edited:

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Austin isn't going to have to fight for anything. He's as locked in as locked in can get.

i think he worded it incorrectly. i believe he meant britt and tavon are locked in and that quick will have to fight for his spot.

RamzFanz

Damnit
i think he worded it incorrectly. i believe he meant britt and tavon are locked in and that quick will have to fight for his spot.

I see how you're looking at it and that may be what he meant. Commas matter! (y)

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
I guess it is a show of confidence kind of, not that it's much money, but his contract isn't going to protect him if he's not vastly improved.

Define vastly improved.

He's 3 on the depth chart right now and just got a 1 year contract. The guys they drafted fell to their draft slots for a reason. We can all hope the Rams got the steal of the draft with these guys but there is a reason they went where they did. They may not even be able to beat out Marquez.

Unless one of the TE's develop Quick has to be the jump ball threat in the red zone.

RamzFanz

Damnit
Define vastly improved.

He's 3 on the depth chart right now and just got a 1 year contract. The guys they drafted fell to their draft slots for a reason. We can all hope the Rams got the steal of the draft with these guys but there is a reason they went where they did. They may not even be able to beat out Marquez.

Unless one of the TE's develop Quick has to be the jump ball threat in the red zone.

All hope, almost no performance.

I'll define vastly improved:

Not a worthless WR. But, he's not even close to a Kenny Britt and that's the least we should accept as a three.

Quick so far has been a project, injury, and mostly no production. A Bradford. Less receptions in three seasons than a good receiver has in a few games. Let me be clear, he has sucked. Sucked. He had a good early season in 2014 and was mostly a ghost before and after the injury. Declared 100% healthy for 2015 and he had ten receptions. TEN. He sucked. Huge.

I don't care who the Rams drafted or about the small contract, if Quick isn't vastly improved, he's a waste of space. The Rams may be cool to him due to injury, but he has still been horrible.

I would pay Benny Cunningham more. I would keep Marquez before Quick. If there is any hope for Bailey next season, I'm taking Bailey. Forget the rookies, I don't even have Quick in the starting lineup with the vets.

May not even be able to beat out Marquez? That's Quick! Marquez and Bailey would destroy his 2015 season with two games above 1 reception, never above 2. If Bailey had put a bandaid on his head wound and played, he would have schooled Quick. If Marquez had have had any QB, with his zero drop production, he would have schooled Quick with like targets.

Prove me wrong Quick.

Last edited:

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
All hope, almost no performance.

I'll define vastly improved:

Not a worthless WR. But, he's not even close to a Kenny Britt and that's the least we should accept as a three.

Quick so far has been a project, injury, and mostly no production. A Bradford. Less receptions in three seasons than a good receiver has in a few games. Let me be clear, he has sucked. Sucked. He had a good early season in 2014 and was mostly a ghost before and after the injury. Declared 100% healthy for 2015 and he had ten receptions. TEN. He sucked. Huge.

I don't care who the Rams drafted or about the small contract, if Quick isn't vastly improved, he's a waste of space. The Rams may be cool to him due to injury, but he has still been horrible.

I would pay Benny Cunningham more. I would keep Marquez before Quick. If there is any hope for Bailey next season, I'm taking Bailey. Forget the rookies, I don't even have Quick in the starting lineup with the vets.

May not even be able to beat out Marquez? That's Quick! Marquez and Bailey would destroy his 2015 season with two games above 1 reception, never above 2. If Bailey had put a bandaid on his head wound and played, he would have schooled Quick. If Marquez had have had any QB, with his zero drop production, he would have schooled Quick with like targets.

Prove me wrong Quick.
In 4 years 39 targets for a high and averaged 14+ per catch and 6 drops in 4 years. Definitely not sucking more like he is not getting the ball which isn't surprising in this offense with the QB play they have had. If Goff plays up to expectations Quick and the rest of out WRs will improve. The thing is in this offense no one is going off for 100 receptions and 1200 yards, that is an unrealistic expectation.

RamzFanz

Damnit
In 4 years 39 targets for a high and averaged 14+ per catch and 6 drops in 4 years. Definitely not sucking more like he is not getting the ball which isn't surprising in this offense with the QB play they have had. If Goff plays up to expectations Quick and the rest of out WRs will improve. The thing is in this offense no one is going off for 100 receptions and 1200 yards, that is an unrealistic expectation.

I'm pulling for the kid but expecting him to produce at this point is unrealistic. Sure, the QB play was weak, but Britt caught over 3 times as many passes. I don't have a trustworthy source for drops, but I'm not buying 6. I can recall 3 last season alone. It also appeared he was on the wrong route a few times.

I think it's quite possible TA will get 1200 combined this season in receptions and running. Goff and TA are a perfect match.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
I'm pulling for the kid but expecting him to produce at this point is unrealistic. Sure, the QB play was weak, but Britt caught over 3 times as many passes. I don't have a trustworthy source for drops, but I'm not buying 6. I can recall 3 last season alone. It also appeared he was on the wrong route a few times.

I think it's quite possible TA will get 1200 combined this season in receptions and running. Goff and TA are a perfect match.
Britt got 72 targets last year and had 36 receptions
Quick 32 and 10

So neither one was very good but we all knew that.

TA it's possible but he really isn't a WR more of a wingback. I wouldn't mind seeing him on the outside more there have been a few times he blew right passed the defense and the QB (all 5 of them) could not get him the ball. He could be more than a dumpoff guy within 5 yards of the LOS

I still see a pretty even split of 35 runs and 35 passes per game at least in 2016. Anyone not named Gurley, Austin or Britt will be lucky to ever see 5 touches a game.