Rams hire Rob Ryan

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
CGI_Ram said:
brokeu91 said:
CGI_Ram said:
Speeps said:
Uhm. Guys, I don't know how I feel about this move. Has Rob ever ran a 4-3?

That was my first reaction.

But; he's another EXPERIENCED guy on this staff.
I don't know how I feel about switching to a 3-4. It would mean another draft just trying to fill holes, whereas this draft we potentially could be adding depth and talent because we don't need to fill so many holes. I do trust Fisher's judgment though, and if he believes Rob Ryan would be a good choice, then I'll welcome him aboard, and root for him as a member of the Rams coaching staff.

If he's hired, does it mean we switch to the 3-4?

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

If we did indeed hire him I expect he will coach a 4-3/3-4 hybrid which most of the playoff teams run.
May be why the change was made in the first place because Fisher wanted more fronts for opposing offenses to contend with, but we certainly don't have the personel and that would sort of tip something about where we are going in the draft.
I think Chris Long could easily stand up , but Brockers as a nose tackle ?

Sum1

Hall of Fame
Thordaddy said:
CGI_Ram said:
brokeu91 said:
CGI_Ram said:
Speeps said:
Uhm. Guys, I don't know how I feel about this move. Has Rob ever ran a 4-3?

That was my first reaction.

But; he's another EXPERIENCED guy on this staff.
I don't know how I feel about switching to a 3-4. It would mean another draft just trying to fill holes, whereas this draft we potentially could be adding depth and talent because we don't need to fill so many holes. I do trust Fisher's judgment though, and if he believes Rob Ryan would be a good choice, then I'll welcome him aboard, and root for him as a member of the Rams coaching staff.

If he's hired, does it mean we switch to the 3-4?

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

If we did indeed hire him I expect he will coach a 4-3/3-4 hybrid which most of the playoff teams run.
May be why the change was made in the first place because Fisher wanted more fronts for opposing offenses to contend with, but we certainly don't have the personel and that would sort of tip something about where we are going in the draft.
I think Chris Long could easily stand up , but Brockers as a nose tackle ?

Why couldn't Brockers play nose tackle? He's 6'5" 322lbs....Jay Ratliff is 6'4" 303lbs....Haloti Ngata 6'4" 340lbs.

But I don't expect a full conversion to the 3-4...he ran a 4-3 in Oakland. He grew up in his Dads 46 defense (which is an alignment of the 4-3)...

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Is this true? Damn, I'm conflicted on this one.

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
Ramhusker said:
Is this true? Damn, I'm conflicted on this one.
I don't think it's true, just some premature reports right now. We will probably have to wait and see.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
FisPW.png

Rob Ryan said he'd be out of work for "like five minutes" after the Dallas Cowboys fired him Tuesday. It has been a little more than that, but Ryan already might have a new gig.

"Might" being the key word.

Sources told New York Post reporter Brian Costello on Friday that Ryan had been hired as defensive coordinator for the St. Louis Rams, who still haven't fired the indefinitely suspended Gregg Williams. NFL.com's Ian Rapoport called the report premature, and another source told Costello the deal wasn't done but close.

ESPNDallas.com's Calvin Watkins reached Ryan, who said, "I'm on a beach and have talked to nobody and have no comment."

Still with us?

So at the moment, Ryan still is unemployed. But that could change in like five minutes.

Follow Kareem Copeland on Twitter @kareemcopeland.

http://m.nfl.com/news/0ap1000000125145/ ... -rams-job/

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
The Rammer said:
It's Cleveland and Oakland.

Dallas has had defensive problems in the backfield for years.

I wanted Robbie Ryan as a HC way back when.

As DC here...huh. Gonna be interesting. Well, we know there's gonna be even more attitude!

:bangin: :bangin: :bangin:

Also...Gregg Williams to Rob Ryan. Think about that one.

Also pt 2....Rammer...interesting handle.

AS a HC ? Are you kidding me? Attitude is way over rated... Rex Ryan does very well running his mouth and bringing all that attention their way doesnt he? His brother isn't going to be much better. I'd rather have someone promoted from within than this mess.

whats interesting about it?

This was when he was w/ the Raiders. I wanted Rob during the Linny hiring.

Rex is more of a talker than Rob is. If this works out, this Ram D could be easily top 5.

Also..interesting, b/c...well I've seen it here before, quite often. Let's just say you aren't THE Rammer. :ww: :hehe:

BatteringRambo

Inked Gym Rat Stoner
Name
J.Fo
Here we go again with the he said she said bullshit reports. Its either official or its not. Right now ummm.... :whome?:

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
BatteringRambo said:
Here we go again with the he said she said bullshit reports. Its either official or its not. Right now ummm.... :whome?:
Welcome to the off-season. :sly:

Oh. And welcome ....... back. :ww:

kohhwf

UDFA
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
On my phone so I can't link right now, but Howard Balzer of 101.1 espn just tweeted this:

@HBalzer721: Hearing that Rob Ryan to the Rams is definitely happening.

Just another conflicting report, but thought it warranted to be shared.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
kohhwf said:
On my phone so I can't link right now, but Howard Balzer of 101.1 espn just tweeted this:

@HBalzer721: Hearing that Rob Ryan to the Rams is definitely happening.

Just another conflicting report, but thought it warranted to be shared.
Well, Howard very rarely speaks out of turn or prematurely.

Hmmmm.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
GreeneCounty said:
Rob talks a lot of doo doo//////////////// I would not like him to come here.
You know what though? I think all of our coaches talk a little shit.
Although Rob could probably move to the top of the chart. :lol:

“I inherited a team that was 31st in the league in defense and made them better,” Ryan told ESPNDallas.com. “I (expletive) made them a hell of a lot better. I’ll be out of work for like five minutes.”

http://www.moviequoter.com/features/foo ... implosion/

Speeps

Starter
Howard Balzer ‏@HBalzer721

"Rams sources insist no decision has been made on Rob Ryan. "

And the news continue to roll out. Balzer did say something interesting:

Howard Balzer ‏@HBalzer721

"Lots of angst among Rams fans about Rob Ryan. Bottom line: He's a good coach. Do people think if he wasn't good Fisher would be interested? "

That is very true.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Anyone else find this funny?

He's coming.

He's not. It's just a rumour.

He's coming.

He's not heard from the Rams.

He's coming.

It's not a done deal.