Rams hire LB coach Dave McGinnis.....

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
http://www.turfshowtimes.com/2012/1/23/ ... see-titans

by Ryan Van Bibber on Jan 23, 2012 1:45 PM CST

Fisher's former linebacker coach Dave McGinnis will join him in St. Louis.

Jeff Fisher, the St. Louis Rams new head coach, has been busy filling out his coaching staff recently. Over the weekend, news broke that Fisher had hired Paul Boudreau as his offensive line coach and Mike Waufle as his defensive line coach. He may have found his next staff member. Jim Wyatt of the Tennessean is reporting that Titans' senior assistant and linebackers coach Dave McGinnis has been hired to join Fisher's staff. He will serve as an assistant head coach.

McGinnis' name came up over the weekend as a very distinct possibility to reunite with Fisher in St. Louis, so this news hardly qualifies as a surprise. His capacity with the Rams would probably be similar to the one he currently holds in Tennessee, with emphasis on his role as a senior level assistant.

The Titans denied Fisher's request to interview Steve Watterson, their strength and conditioning coach, last week. McGinnis' contract with the team has expired.

An eight-year veteran in Tennessee, McGinnis fits with the profile of the handful of other assistants hired by Fisher and the Rams to this point. McGinnis was the head coach in Arizona from 2000-2003. His work in Tennessee with Keith Bulluck and Stephen Tulloch stand out in recent years. From 1986-1995 he was the Bears' linebacker coach.

HitStick

Van Jefferson’s #1 fan
Faceplant said:
http://www.turfshowtimes.com/2012/1/23/2727945/st-louis-rams-jeff-fisher-dave-mcginnis-tennessee-titans

by Ryan Van Bibber on Jan 23, 2012 1:45 PM CST

Fisher's former linebacker coach Dave McGinnis will join him in St. Louis.

Jeff Fisher, the St. Louis Rams new head coach, has been busy filling out his coaching staff recently. Over the weekend, news broke that Fisher had hired Paul Boudreau as his offensive line coach and Mike Waufle as his defensive line coach. He may have found his next staff member. Jim Wyatt of the Tennessean is reporting that Titans' senior assistant and linebackers coach Dave McGinnis has been hired to join Fisher's staff. He will serve as an assistant head coach.

McGinnis' name came up over the weekend as a very distinct possibility to reunite with Fisher in St. Louis, so this news hardly qualifies as a surprise. His capacity with the Rams would probably be similar to the one he currently holds in Tennessee, with emphasis on his role as a senior level assistant.

The Titans denied Fisher's request to interview Steve Watterson, their strength and conditioning coach, last week. McGinnis' contract with the team has expired.

An eight-year veteran in Tennessee, McGinnis fits with the profile of the handful of other assistants hired by Fisher and the Rams to this point. McGinnis was the head coach in Arizona from 2000-2003. His work in Tennessee with Keith Bulluck and Stephen Tulloch stand out in recent years. From 1986-1995 he was the Bears' linebacker coach.

Fisher is definatley putting together a dominating staff. I'm getting real excited.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Yes, I like this hire as well! :ayup:

bluecoconuts

Legend
Agreed, so far I'm liking the staff we are putting together. I expect these to transfer into wins sooner rather than later. I'm excited to see who we will get for WR and TE coaches as well.. Free Agency and Draft will also be exciting. Next few months are going to be very interesting.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Gotta admit, the guy is pulling coaches to him. I think a couple of these guys would have been welcomed to stay where they were but chose to follow Fish. I think it speaks well of the man. And I really liked where Fish spoke about growing up a Ram fan. This has got to be a dream job that he wants to stay in for many years.

JdashSTL

Pro Bowler
I wonder how coaches feel when they learn that the team doesnt allow other teams to interview them...

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Interesting that they made him Assistant HC. Here's an article out of Tenn.

http://www.tennessean.com/article/2...f-Fisher-Rams?odyssey=tab|topnews|text|Sports

Again, really good to see that a coach that was wanted by his current team has come to join the Rams. I like the mention about instant replay. Maybe I'm just reading in but that seems to be an attention to detail type item and hire. Fisher's ego doesn't seem to be as big as I had originally imagined.

Stan's model has apparently been to hire professionals and let them do their job while watching the performance. It appears that Fisher might be of that same mindset.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
JdashSTL said:
I wonder how coaches feel when they learn that the team doesnt allow other teams to interview them...

Might be some sour grapes but I suppose they have to figure that it is a business and they signed a contract that is still in full force. McGinnis' contract had expired. It sounds like if that wasn't the case, they wouldn't have allowed him to interview either.

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
I read where Tim Hauk agreed to be the Cleveland Browns new secondary coach. Well... there goes my connection. :nono:

Killgasm

Starter
Name
Alex
looking_up_300x253.jpg

Cool sig!!!^^^

JdashSTL

Pro Bowler
RamFan503 said:
JdashSTL said:

Might be some sour grapes but I suppose they have to figure that it is a business and they signed a contract that is still in full force. McGinnis' contract had expired. It sounds like if that wasn't the case, they wouldn't have allowed him to interview either.

Well I was referring to their Strength and Conditioning coach. They must really like him lol.