Rams hire Groh

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

TSFH Fan

Epic Music Guy
So, Groh did third down game planning and Bears were 6th in the league in third down conversion rate. That's got to be a plus, right?

"Coach John Fox opted to retain Groh after taking over last season. His duties included game-planning for third-down situations. His guidance helped keep the offense functional in 2015 despite a rash of injuries at receiver."
http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/football/bears/ct-mike-groh-rams-20160125-story.html

Rankings here:
http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/team/_/stat/downs/sort/thirdDownConvPct/seasontype/2

Young Ram

Hall of Fame
So, Groh did third down game planning and Bears were 6th in the league in third down conversion rate. That's got to be a plus, right?

"Coach John Fox opted to retain Groh after taking over last season. His duties included game-planning for third-down situations. His guidance helped keep the offense functional in 2015 despite a rash of injuries at receiver."
http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/football/bears/ct-mike-groh-rams-20160125-story.html

Rankings here:
http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/team/_/stat/downs/sort/thirdDownConvPct/seasontype/2

That's encouraging. I like this hire.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Well, let's get this guy a franchise QB that make his and Boras's jobs easy.

Gandalf

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Do you think this could be the year the Rams make a big play for a QB? Trade way up in the draft and take the top rated QB, who just happens to be from California. Would definitely make a splash with the Rams going back to LA.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
FCS%20Championship%20Game%20Football(6)

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Do you think this could be the year the Rams make a big play for a QB? Trade way up in the draft and take the top rated QB, who just happens to be from California. Would definitely make a splash with the Rams going back to LA.

This better be the year they do it. Shit or get off the pot.

jap

Legend

I actually started to prepare a post pointing out the feasibility of snaring the Cal kid as we move into our LA digs. If our receivers are sub par in effectiveness, it is best to grab the best QB we can get. The Gurley Man will make his job so much easier and allow him to acclimate himself more quickly.

HitStick

Van Jefferson’s #1 fan
Groh's connection to Jeffrey might be able to bring him here, along with the excitement of being on the first team that LA has had in 20 years.

Fisher has connection with Tennessee, who said they're willing to trade the pick.

Could the stars be aligning for the Rams?

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I seen a mock that has him going 4 to Dallas. I think Cook will be only qb left when we pick

That's one mock not sure if Dallas passes on some of the defensive players to pick a QB in waiting that high, however, I do believe the Rams will have to trade up to at the very minimum 10 to get him.

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
I love me some Al Groh
If his kid is 1/8 his dad, we are in great shape - excited about this hire. I'll take "Gase Light"
It's smooth and refreshing
It's clear Fisher knows the passing game is killing his running game

Adi

Pro Bowler
Name
Adi
Great hire, I don't think the rams even had a receivers coach. Which would explain a lot lol, maybe this guy can teach tavon how to run more than 3 routes and make it possible to stretch the field. I'm not sure why quick has been so unproductive but he has all of the talent and showed flashes last season to be a number 1 target, hopefully now being healthy he can go back to the player he was last season. Can this guy please teach Jared cook to use his skill set , dude is huge and fast !

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
I like this hire. Surprised we actually got someone most of us are liking.