Rams heavily scouting QBs at Senior Bowl

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
From Walterfootball:
St. Louis is intensely scouting the Senior Bowl quarterbacks. The Rams are tracking every throw the signal-callers make in the seven-on-sevens and the team scrimmage. St. Louis is looking for accuracy and a high completion percentage. Sources say that the organization wants another option to pair with the fragile Sam Bradford.

Senior Bowl rumors and coverage

RamBill

Legend
Sounds like the might be disappointed:

Chris Burke ‏@ChrisBurke_SI
Not sure what the Senior Bowl line is, but I'd recommend the under. This QB play is rouuuuugh.

Matt Miller ‏@nfldraftscout
Brett Hundley may see his stock rise by default given how bad these QBS are.

Tony Pauline ‏@TonyPauline
Bryce Petty/QB/Baylor throwing an awful pick into the hands of Quadra Diggs/Texas

Nate Latsch ‏@NateLatsch
Oregon State QB Sean Mannion had a couple INTs in one-on-one pass drills earlier. I have no idea how that happens.

The quarterback play from the North (Mannion, Carden and Petty) leaves a lot to be desired.

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Sounds like the might be disappointed:

Chris Burke ‏@ChrisBurke_SI
Not sure what the Senior Bowl line is, but I'd recommend the under. This QB play is rouuuuugh.

Matt Miller ‏@nfldraftscout
Brett Hundley may see his stock rise by default given how bad these QBS are.

Bryce Petty/QB/Baylor throwing an awful pick into the hands of Quadra Diggs/Texas

Nate Latsch ‏@NateLatsch
Oregon State QB Sean Mannion had a couple INTs in one-on-one pass drills earlier. I have no idea how that happens.

The quarterback play from the North (Mannion, Carden and Petty) leaves a lot to be desired.
...not good reviews so far.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
All of these QBs are gonna need a year or two, and that's gonna be an annual thing given college offenses. Rams are gonna be looking at the footwork, technique, and arm strength. Competitiveness and how they play is on tape. So reports on how they are overall not killing it in practice isn't going to affect things too much IMO.

Rams are gonna get one of these guys.

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
What for UDFA's?
Petty might be the only one out of this group to get drafted.

If the Rams are seriously looking at any of these guys as a legit future starter, Sneed needs to step away from the draft board and ask for help.

tahoe

Pro Bowler
I think Hundley not showing, when he is another guy who would probably be struggling, is gonna count against him.
At least these guys had the guts to put it out there knowing that they could struggle. I want no part of hundley...

Athos

Legend
Whelp, confirmation confirmed.

Piss-poor QB class.

FUCK YOU CARDALE JONES! :cry:

Or more like, fuck you you stupid selfish prick Urban Meyer who's only looking out for himself.

None of these guys are worth a 2nd, 3rd, or 4th round pick imo. Pure trash.

FRO

Legend
The QBs usually look poor at the senior bowl. That being said we all knew this QB class was weak.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I dont know why a QB would even show up to the Senior Bowl anymore. These reports are laughable. One day Petty looks good, the next day poor. Of course, he's working in new system with new players blah blah blah.
The game itself is all that matters and even that doesnt say anything

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
This is one position where the Rams are forced to overdraft & hope & cross their fingers in order to find at least one young QB to go with Bradford & whatever Vet they sign. Many "Day Late" & many dollars short in drafting a young reserve QB. This plan should have been exercised:cautious: several drafts earlier.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Trade up for Mariota/Winston, useless of picks on o-line.

Love how when we need a QB there are only two good ones and ofc we are out of redskins picks. Such good luck...

V3

Hall of Fame
I'm not holding my breath for any of these QB's other than the top two and I still have questions about them. The Rams F'd up big time by not taking one last year. Many of us saw this coming a mile away.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I feel sorry for them. These QBs are ass.

They're all future backups. Mannion and Bennett may not even be that.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
All of these QBs are gonna need a year or two, and that's gonna be an annual thing given college offenses. Rams are gonna be looking at the footwork, technique, and arm strength. Competitiveness and how they play is on tape. So reports on how they are overall not killing it in practice isn't going to affect things too much IMO.

Rams are gonna get one of these guys.

That'll be depressing. Give me Glennon any day of the week over any QB at the Senior Bowl. This crop just isn't good.