Rams Head Coach Jeff Fisher - Training Camp – July 29, 2014

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Blue and Gold

Pro Bowler
Name
B and G
(On what impressed him the most about the first day of practice in pads)

“Today was the first time we had everybody in pads. Yesterday, we had a special teams practice with pads and the young guys kind of got use to it, but today was really what we expected. They love to practice, they protect each other, no issues except we made a lot of big plays on both sides of the ball today. It’s good to see them. Tomorrow’s the break, they get the day off, they get to recover and then we’ll have three solid days in Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday.”

(On WR Kenny Britt’s chatter and what he thinks it does for the energy in practice)
“That’s just how he is. He has fun with it and they all have fun with it. I’ve reminded him that if you spin the ball in front of an opponent after you score a touchdown you’re kicking off at the 15 yard-line and so we’re not going to do that anymore. But he’s very emotional, he loves playing the game, he feels good and he’s making a lot of plays for us.”

(On if Britt is having a positive impact on WR Brian Quick)
“Yeah you can see. One thing about Kenny is that Kenny may make a mistake as far as an incorrect route here and there, but he does it going full speed. And Brian early on in his career if he wasn’t sure, he wasn’t quite at full speed. I think Brian’s learned just to go. Good things happen when you’re running hard.”

(On DE Michael Sam’s first day in pads with the full squad)
“Well, he was in the pads yesterday with special teams, but he competed with the rest of them. I haven’t seen the pass rush but it looked like he held his own in the team periods.”

(On how Sam has been fitting in)
“He’s been doing a great job. We’re treating him just like all the other rookies in the rookie class.”
(On what Sam needs to do to make the team)
“No different than the rest of the rookie class. They have to be competitive, they have to make plays, they have to improve throughout camp. You have to see them do things in preseason games.”
(On DE Robert Quinn’s room to develop)
“Yeah, he really thinks he does. He thinks he can get better, he’s working at it. The plays that he made last year at critical times in ball games were very, very impressive if you go back through the end of the games, the end of halves, the two-minute things. Yeah he feels like he can get better, we’re doing everything we can to help him get better.”

PhxRam

(On what impressed him the most about the first day of practice in pads)

“Today was the first time we had everybody in pads. Yesterday, we had a special teams practice with pads and the young guys kind of got use to it, but today was really what we expected. They love to practice, they protect each other, no issues except we made a lot of big plays on both sides of the ball today. It’s good to see them. Tomorrow’s the break, they get the day off, they get to recover and then we’ll have three solid days in Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday.”

(On WR Kenny Britt’s chatter and what he thinks it does for the energy in practice)
“That’s just how he is. He has fun with it and they all have fun with it. I’ve reminded him that if you spin the ball in front of an opponent after you score a touchdown you’re kicking off at the 15 yard-line and so we’re not going to do that anymore. But he’s very emotional, he loves playing the game, he feels good and he’s making a lot of plays for us.”

(On if Britt is having a positive impact on WR Brian Quick)
“Yeah you can see. One thing about Kenny is that Kenny may make a mistake as far as an incorrect route here and there, but he does it going full speed. And Brian early on in his career if he wasn’t sure, he wasn’t quite at full speed. I think Brian’s learned just to go. Good things happen when you’re running hard.”

(On DE Michael Sam’s first day in pads with the full squad)
“Well, he was in the pads yesterday with special teams, but he competed with the rest of them. I haven’t seen the pass rush but it looked like he held his own in the team periods.”

(On how Sam has been fitting in)
“He’s been doing a great job. We’re treating him just like all the other rookies in the rookie class.”
(On what Sam needs to do to make the team)
“No different than the rest of the rookie class. They have to be competitive, they have to make plays, they have to improve throughout camp. You have to see them do things in preseason games.”
(On DE Robert Quinn’s room to develop)
“Yeah, he really thinks he does. He thinks he can get better, he’s working at it. The plays that he made last year at critical times in ball games were very, very impressive if you go back through the end of the games, the end of halves, the two-minute things. Yeah he feels like he can get better, we’re doing everything we can to help him get better.”

keep the reports coming.. love this time of year

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Fisher's so cool & calm....Funny no questions about the defense....I'd like to hear what Williams thinks..

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
And Fisher confirms Britt's impact on Quick. More additude, less hesitation, go all out. That's just what the doctor ordered. I'm so giddy about preseason.