Rams have some interest in Mark Sanchez/NFL.com

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

61Woody

UDFA
Name
Jeff
No thanks, we should takes our chances with Hill. Next year we'll just have to donate picks to move up in the draft or pony up big bucks for a Vet free agent.

Vince15

Where'd you get 32 TD's? His last year with Schotty was 2011, and he threw 26 TD's. He's never had a passer rating over 78.2, and crediting him for the Jets' post season success is like giving Trent Dilfer credit for winning a superbowl.
He had 26 passing TD's and 6 rushing TD's.

In 2010 in his 2nd year, he had 5TD/1INT and completed 61% of his passes in the post season as the Jets beat Indy and NE on the road. Now, I'm not arguing that he carried the Jets to those wins but if he can put up those types of numbers if the Rams can get to the playoffs, I'd have no problem with him at all.

RaminExile

Hall of Fame
Is there any chance, and I mean ANY chance this is all a bad dream and I wake up tomorrow and its all gone away and Sam Bradford is healthy?? Any chance at all. I'm willing to deal with pretty long odds...

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Is there any chance, and I mean ANY chance this is all a bad dream and I wake up tomorrow and its all gone away and Sam Bradford is healthy?? Any chance at all. I'm willing to deal with pretty long odds...

I was thinking the same thing.

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
Screw any trades, we all know that none of those guys will be better than Hill can be. I take it this way: if we win despite the loss of Bradford then fantastic but if we lose like crazy then we get to draft Mariota or Winston. We can look at it as a bad situation or you can realize we are a great team that has nothing to lose!

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Where'd you get 32 TD's? His last year with Schotty was 2011, and he threw 26 TD's. He's never had a passer rating over 78.2, and crediting him for the Jets' post season success is like giving Trent Dilfer credit for winning a superbowl.

26 passing TDs + 6 rushing TDs

I'd rather have Mike Vick. But if we could get Vick or Sanchez cheap, I'd do it. But I'm not giving up a 4th or better for Sanchez or Vick.

ViperLjs

Rookie
He had 26 passing TD's and 6 rushing TD's.

In 2010 in his 2nd year, he had 5TD/1INT and completed 61% of his passes in the post season as the Jets beat Indy and NE on the road. Now, I'm not arguing that he carried the Jets to those wins but if he can put up those types of numbers if the Rams can get to the playoffs, I'd have no problem with him at all.
If he was a FA, he might be a good pickup, but is he worth a 3rd round pick? We are not in a strong negotiating position here, and the eagles know it.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
I'd give a 6th rounder for him, easily. I bet Eagles are asking for a 3rd. Let the negotiations begin...

Vince15

If he was a FA, he might be a good pickup, but is he worth a 3rd round pick? We are not in a strong negotiating position here, and the eagles know it.
That's a good question and IMO, a viable starter at QB is certainly worth a 3rd round pick. I think he is a viable starter so for me, it would be an easy decision to make. I'd much rather spend a 3rd, know what I've got to work with and have a QB that fits into the plan of not building the team around a QB than burn a 1st on a roll of the dice in the draft. I think it's a lot easier to hit on a productive starter at other positions with a first round pick than it is a QB so for me, my impression of what and how Fisher designs a team and the guys who are "available", Sanchez is the guy to target.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook

Yes! That's who that QB was for the Ravens. Thank you!

Hill can be our Trent Dilfer.

I'm going back to my corner now... :(

ViperLjs

Rookie
That's a good question and IMO, a viable starter at QB is certainly worth a 3rd round pick. I think he is a viable starter so for me, it would be an easy decision to make. I'd much rather spend a 3rd, know what I've got to work with and have a QB that fits into the plan of not building the team around a QB than burn a 1st on a roll of the dice in the draft. I think it's a lot easier to hit on a productive starter at other positions with a first round pick than it is a QB so for me, my impression of what and how Fisher designs a team and the guys who are "available", Sanchez is the guy to target.

Even if Sanchez is a serviceable starter, though, you need more than that to have a chance at sustained success. I'd much rather use that pick in a package for Winston or Mariota than a known mediocre commodity.

Dr C. Hill

Rookie
Name
Doc
I would hold what we have for now. Sanchez is not a long term answer, neither are any of the other names being brought up. I think Hill and Davis know the system well enough to manage games. If the Rams can control the clock, play defense, and set up the play action with the running game, this team can win. Wilson was only throwing the ball what, 25 times per game?

I am not suggesting that this is not a major blow, but trading away draft picks and adding a Sanchez, Daniel, Ponder or Mallet right now is just sticking your finger in the dike (he-he), at the expense of your future. None of those guys are as good as Hill IMO. Who knows, someone we may not expect, or hell one of them, could hit the wire as the cuts come in.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Personally, I could see Sanchez having an Alex Smith like awakening, particularly now that he's out of NY.

I think one of the reasons the Rams did not sign him over S. Hill is they didn't want even the slightest QB controversy if Sam hit a rough stretch.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
The Eagles need help at wr.
Personally, I could see Sanchez having an Alex Smith like awakening, particularly now that he's out of NY.

I think one of the reasons the Rams did not sign him over S. Hill is they didn't want even the slightest QB controversy if Sam hit a rough stretch.
I think Sanchez was too expensive for a backup.
Hill was the better deal.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
I'm repeating myself here, but it's worth it I think. Not trying to beat a dead horse, just trying to Paul Revere the message among different, but similar threads.

In essence, the message is this. Under Chip Kelly, Mark Sanchez has become a different QB. He's improved just about EVERYTHING and not by a little. If you watch him, he looks not just a little good, but DAMN GOOD.

Do I like most of the backups out there? No. In every case including Clausen and Vick, I stand pat.

But if Sanchez can be shaken loose, I try to do it.

Now, here's the bigger issue. Bigger than draft picks. The CAP. Sanchez would put us over. He's on a one year, $2.25M contract. So... how do we do that? Only way I see is a trade and the Eagles would want D.

Starts to get complicated.

Still, as far as the "what ifs", Sanchez is, the way I see it, by far the best out there for us.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
I'm repeating myself here, but it's worth it I think. Not trying to beat a dead horse, just trying to Paul Revere the message among different, but similar threads.

In essence, the message is this. Under Chip Kelly, Mark Sanchez has become a different QB. He's improved just about EVERYTHING and not by a little. If you watch him, he looks not just a little good, but DAMN GOOD.

Do I like most of the backups out there? No. In every case including Clausen and Vick, I stand pat.

But if Sanchez can be shaken loose, I try to do it.

Now, here's the bigger issue. Bigger than draft picks. The CAP. Sanchez would put us over. He's on a one year, $2.25M contract. So... how do we do that? Only way I see is a trade and the Eagles would want D.

Starts to get complicated.

Still, as far as the "what ifs", Sanchez is, the way I see it, by far the best out there for us.
I thought Sanchez wanted closer to 4 mill when we were talking to him.
He's only 2.25?