Rams have released Trey Watts per JT

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
This move doesn't open a spot on the 53 man, Watts wasn't on our 53 yet. Also they find out a few weeks in advance so I'd bet he failed another test and has a second suspension coming.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
This move doesn't open a spot on the 53 man, Watts wasn't on our 53 yet. Also they find out a few weeks in advance so I'd bet he failed another test and has a second suspension coming.
Well, it does leave a spot open though. Maybe Toon does indeed fill it or.............. a new "famous face"?

Orchid

Starter
Name
Obert
We will not hear from the Rams for a while. Snisher likes to play it close to the vest.

My opinion; They have some moves in the works.

I look forG rob to guard and Battle to LOT. And as poor as Grob has been playing Hav has not been much better. They use same move on him all the time against him.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Yeah, but it still has to fit under the cap. I think we have around $6 mill in space.
Demoff isn't one of those full of shit magician GM's like Jerry Buss was...but he's pretty good.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Well, it does leave a spot open though. Maybe Toon does indeed fill it or.............. a new "famous face"?
It doesn't leave a spot, he's not on the 53 man roster. He was on the suspended list the first four weeks. Then he had a one week roster exception. He had to be put on the roster this week and instead was cut.

Gandalf

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Weird to hold on that long only to end up cutting him.

Granted, we have our 3 lead backs in Gurley/Mason/BamBam plus Austin.

Only so many reps to go around.

Clearly he wasn't better than someone else on ST I guess.
The Rams could have just held on to him this long in case they suffered an injury and needed him when he came back.
Should be a practice squad guy , unless someone else claims him.

rams2050

Starter
I hope they are getting some type of journeyman O-lineman who can help shore up those rooks.

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
Prolly kept him to compensate him. If so, classy move on the Rams part.

Jorgeh0605

You had me at meat tornado.
2023 ROD Fantasy Champion
Prolly kept him to compensate him. If so, classy move on the Rams part.
I believe you are suspended without pay for use of illegal substances. So I don't think compensation was it.

Jorgeh0605

You had me at meat tornado.
2023 ROD Fantasy Champion
Nope, Ogletree is not on IR. I believe they don't want to use the designated for return tag on him (So they have the ability to us it one someone else later). But definitely not on the IR.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Fisher hoping to resign him per twitter. They're keeping Alec Ogletree on the active roster for an extra week. Trey Watts was on a 1 week "Active waiver" so he didn't count against the roster, so either he had to be cut or someone else did.

They want more time to gather information on AO prior having to decide to designate him IR/return or IR season...

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
It doesn't leave a spot, he's not on the 53 man roster. He was on the suspended list the first four weeks. Then he had a one week roster exception. He had to be put on the roster this week and instead was cut.
Right, leaving an open spot on the roster by not signing him to it. We only had 52 on our active roster. Everybody assumed the spot was left open for him this week.

fancents86

Starter
Really liked Watts, but I hope he gets to start somewhere. No reason for a guy that good to sit on the bench. I hope this is a reaction to how bad our oline played and we're looking for a plug in or back up to the position.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Right, leaving an open spot on the roster by not signing him to it. We only had 52 on our active roster. Everybody assumed the spot was left open for him this week.

We currently show 53 men on the roster and Watts isn't one of them. There is no roster spot open.