Rams have only 3 guys 30 or older

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

FRO

Legend
Only 3 guys 30 or older and only one of those guys, Scott Wells, starts. Which mean the core of the team is very young. Only 11 guys on the roster are 27 or older. I'm so glad Fisher and Snead didn't go for the quick fix, rather built this team from the ground up. We could be at the start of one of the best eras of Rams football.

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
Good observation, although something tells me they'll add one more (no idea who, but one more) after cuts start. Maybe a vet LB, maybe a vet FS.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Only 3 guys 30 or older and only one of those guys, Scott Wells, starts. Which mean the core of the team is very young. Only 11 guys on the roster are 27 or older. I'm so glad Fisher and Snead didn't go for the quick fix, rather built this team from the ground up. We could be at the start of one of the best eras of Rams football.

Yup Fro you're right and this speaks directly to something that some posters bring up but that is IMO just not true, that being that if Fisher doesn't get into the playoffs or win 10 games or whatever than SK will be looking for a new HC or that at least Fisher will be on the hot seat.

SK hired Fisher to completely redo/rebuild/revamp this entire ballclub from the roster to the staff. SK has been around pro sports of all different kinds and has been exposed to sports franchises globally. He knew this was going to take time to fix and he isn't expecting the worst 5 years of crap ever to turn into the new NFL dynasty in a matter of two or three seasons.

SOme of you guys know a poster named waterfield........he said in his opinion it would be 5 years to get this team on track, and he may not be off the mark by that much because it may be until next year that the Rams set foot in the post season.

FRO

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Yup Fro you're right and this speaks directly to something that some posters bring up but that is IMO just not true, that being that if Fisher doesn't get into the playoffs or win 10 games or whatever than SK will be looking for a new HC or that at least Fisher will be on the hot seat.

SK hired Fisher to completely redo/rebuild/revamp this entire ballclub from the roster to the staff. SK has been around pro sports of all different kinds and has been exposed to sports franchises globally. He knew this was going to take time to fix and he isn't expecting the worst 5 years of crap ever to turn into the new NFL dynasty in a matter of two or three seasons.

SOme of you guys know a poster named waterfield........he said in his opinion it would be 5 years to get this team on track, and he may not be off the mark by that much because it may be until next year that the Rams set foot in the post season.
Inheriting a team that won just 15 games the previous 5 years is hard to turn around overnight. I'm expecting 8-8 or 9-7. In 2015 I expect a push to win the division. 2016 I think we will be legit Super Bowl contenders. The bulk of this talent will mature at the same time. Snead needs to continue to hit big on draft picks and find UDFAs.

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!
Yep looks like our days of over spending on FAs is over If we keep drafting like we have been this team is gonna be special for a long long time. Its about time for a Rams dynasty.

FRO

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Yep looks like our days of over spending on FAs is over If we keep drafting like we have been this team is gonna be special for a long long time. Its about time for a Rams dynasty.
I loved our 2014 free agent class. I hope we draft well enough that out future free agent classes are spent on low risk high reward deals.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Snead needs to continue to hit big on draft picks and find UDFAs.

I'm confident enough in that guy to trust that he will do just that..........I feel like the team is in good hands and haven't felt that way in a decade and a half.

Noregar

Starter
Name
Roger
Attached is a PDF of a tab from a spreadsheet I have of the Rams team that sorts the Rams entire camp roster by age. Note that the age listed is the age the player will be by the end of 2014 so it may not necessarily be their current age as of this date.

I like to keep track of the ages of the Rams Roster and I really like that fact that the Rams have such a younger roster.

Hill and Wells are the oldest and on the flip side the Auburn rookies (Robinson and Mason) are the youngest.

Attachments

• 2014 Camp Roster Rams Player Ages.pdf
    15.4 KB · Views: 121