Rams have met with OT/G Forrest Lamp twice. Could he be the pick in the 2nd round?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Where would you play Forrest Lamp?

• Total voters

JKBOGEN

JAKE OLIVER ELLENBOGEN
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I've been on the Lamp train since the Senior Bowl and would be so thrilled if he landed in LA.! It would require a blockbuster trade up since he's expected to be a mid 1st round selection, but I wouldn't mind since I truly believe he's the surest bet in this draft to be a perennial pro bowler, either at center or guard. For me, he's too rich in talent to be plugged in at center; throw him in at LG and forgetaboutitttt.
I really hope he just falls and give us plenty of options. My target at 37 is Christopher Godwin from Pennsylvania State University though.

TexasRam

Legend
Please, please, oh please...

No tradeup for Lamp. Or for anybody else, for that matter.

We need to let this draft come to us, dammit! A "1st rounder" will fall to us at #37. Probably several.

We need every single one of our picks in this deep draft.

Hell, a modest trade down from #37 would make a ton of sense, tbh.

Let's have a Healthy debate here.

I don't see anybody at 37 with Lamp Caliber talent. Definitely no lineman. Unless one thinks Dan Feeney is Lamp Caliber, which is highly questionable.

A first round talent will fall to 37 but the question is what position and what caliber.

Snead had shown the Cajones to move up and around in a draft many a time.
If they believe in building the Oline and really want Lamp based on 2 visits then I see a strong possibility for such a move.

I'm not selling the draft but teams like New England who like to move back may take one of our 4th round picks and maybe a 3rd round in 2018.

That leaves you with plenty of picks left in the draft and your most glaring hole filled with a future pro bowl center or guard.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Let's have a Healthy debate here.

I don't see anybody at 37 with Lamp Caliber talent. Definitely no lineman. Unless one thinks Dan Feeney is Lamp Caliber, which is highly questionable.

A first round talent will fall to 37 but the question is what position and what caliber.

Snead had shown the Cajones to move up and around in a draft many a time.
If they believe in building the Oline and really want Lamp based on 2 visits then I see a strong possibility for such a move.

I'm not selling the draft but teams like New England who like to move back may take one of our 4th round picks and maybe a 3rd round in 2018.

That leaves you with plenty of picks left in the draft and your most glaring hole filled with a future pro bowl center or guard.

New England traded their first round pick to New Orleans for Brand in Cooks. There is a group of teams at the end of round 1 that could all use OLine help. New Orleans is one, Sheattle is another.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Lamp will be the pick if he's there in the second round. But he won't be there.

TexasRam

Legend
New England traded their first round pick to New Orleans for Brand in Cooks. There is a group of teams at the end of round 1 that could all use OLine help. New Orleans is one, Sheattle is another.

Yea I was using them as an example of teams that like to move back. I honestly can't keep track of which teams use the move back to aquire more picks tactic. But I know more than a few teams like to do this.

There are other reasons to move back besides general draft strategy. Some team may be set at guard which is where Lamp projects.

I am moving up for Lamp before he reaches Seattle at 26 for sure. Preferably right before 26. :)

NERamsFan

Pro Bowler
I feel if Snead valued Lamp enough and had permission to pull the trigger in caliberating with McVay, he could manufacture a trade-up. I've mentioned it before, Snead tried trading up for a THIRD 1st round selection the year we took Grob and AD, so it's not out of the realm of possibility he makes a move into the early to mid twenties, with no existing 1st round selection.

It wouldn't surprise me if we made a trade up with our second and Tru as the main pieces, and got back a late 1st and a third or fourth. Then maybe package a combination of our three's and four's to trade up to land Engram? I know it's a long shot, but coming out with quality players in Lamp and Engram, over quantity would make this guy happy. We would have our future all pro center/guard and a tremendous moving TE, and we would still have a few selections left and could land some nice late round gems.

JKBOGEN

JAKE OLIVER ELLENBOGEN
So I just did a live mock draft with the first two rounds. I nabbed a first round pick with a trade with Green Bay for Trumaine Johnson. I decided to select Evan Engram. Yes, I passed on Lamp...The 2nd round pick I went with Chris Godwin. I was then offered a trade of CB David Amerson for Dominique Easley and a fourth. I took that. Traded another fourth and third to go up and snag Ethan Pocic. Now, I know what you all are thinking but we were only going for 2 rounds so I felt the need to sure up our offense in a massive way. Just imagine if the Rams got a 1st for Tru? Got Engram and Godwin. Crazy to think about. I actually love Amerson so it worked out well. Let me know what you guys think but keep in mind I went crazy for Pocic because we only did 2 rounds.

PressureD41

Les Snead's Draft Advisor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
I mentioned in another thread, that if he dropped some in round 1 the Rams could move up to get him Trader Les and Company may see enough value in him to make the move. I voted guard because I think they would want a OC that has been a OC and knows line calls and use to snapping up close and in shot gun.

Just remember McVay has said a couple of times already that the QB is responsible w/ the line calls not the OC.

Last edited:

PressureD41

Les Snead's Draft Advisor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
Oh and if Lamp was the pick... he is a stud...... I picked center...maybe they are looking to trade Saffold. ......but again... which ever way our new team brass feels..... I'm good with..... ;)

Go Rams...... ;)

Whats the going rate on a yearly hurt bag:poop: in Saffold? :sadwalk:

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
So I just did a live mock draft with the first two rounds. I nabbed a first round pick with a trade with Green Bay for Trumaine Johnson. I decided to select Evan Engram. Yes, I passed on Lamp...The 2nd round pick I went with Chris Godwin. I was then offered a trade of CB David Amerson for Dominique Easley and a fourth. I took that. Traded another fourth and third to go up and snag Ethan Pocic. Now, I know what you all are thinking but we were only going for 2 rounds so I felt the need to sure up our offense in a massive way. Just imagine if the Rams got a 1st for Tru? Got Engram and Godwin. Crazy to think about. I actually love Amerson so it worked out well. Let me know what you guys think but keep in mind I went crazy for Pocic because we only did 2 rounds.

You can count on one hand the guys I would take over Forrest Lamp. Evan Engram is not on that list.

TexasRam

Legend

Nice Maneuvering to get into the first round and still bring a CB replacement in.

But dude your love affair with Godwin is scaring me. o_O:D

I'll definitely have to give you credit if he turns out to be all that and a bag of chips.

But come on bro, passing on Lamp for Engram. Come on man. You can't throw a pass with your butt on the grass. Goff needs a real chance here and so does Gurley. Lamp is by all accounts the best interior Lineman in this draft. Look at what the Cowboys offense does with dominating Oline play. Plug in a rookie QB and a rookie RB, no problem. Top WR out most of the year, no problem. Still utter dominance on offense. It's the Oline bro.
Trading up to get Pocic. I'm cool with that :yess:

JKBOGEN

JAKE OLIVER ELLENBOGEN
Nice Maneuvering to get into the first round and still bring a CB replacement in.

But dude your love affair with Godwin is scaring me. o_O:D

I'll definitely have to give you credit if he turns out to be all that and a bag of chips.

But come on bro, passing on Lamp for Engram. Come on man. You can't throw a pass with your butt on the grass. Goff needs a real chance here and so does Gurley. Lamp is by all accounts the best interior Lineman in this draft. Look at what the Cowboys offense does with dominating Oline play. Plug in a rookie QB and a rookie RB, no problem. Top WR out most of the year, no problem. Still utter dominance on offense. It's the Oline bro.
Trading up to get Pocic. I'm cool with that :yess:
I actually love Lamp otherwise I wouldn't have bothered writing 3 articles on him. I just feel like the Rams don't need to draft an OL high and that was even before we signed John Sullivan. Thanks for the credit haha, I love Amerson the dude is 25 and has the same size build as Tru he would be my guy to replace Tru with since the Raiders are apparently dangling him. I love Godwin, which is why a scouting report of his will be up very soon. Think Hines Ward and Pierre Garcon combined. Now, that is a good player.

As far as Engram...I really think he could be a special talent. He can actually block so he would be my TE with Higbee. All Engram needs is teaching and he will be an elite TE at the next level. Pocic was the obvious one when he fell. If you are wondering how I did this it was on mockout.com

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
You can count on one hand the guys I would take over Forrest Lamp. Evan Engram is not on that list.
Which hand? I know that you have 6 on one, and 4 on the other.

I can assume that you are talking about players plausible for where we are picking, but if not, or even if so, could you name those players? I'd be interested in knowing how my evals line up with yours. We are usually about 60/40.

And, where would you play Lamp? At Center, or G, or T. The dude is versatile.

Last edited:

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Which hand? I know that you have 6 on one, and 4 on the other.

I can assume that you are talking about players plausible for where we are picking, but if not, or even if so, could you name those players? I'd be interested in knowing how my evals line up with yours. We are usually about 60/40.

And, where would you play Lamp? At Center, or G, or T. The dude is versatile.

I'd play Lamp at Center. And no, I mean I can count on one hand the number of guys that I'd take over Lamp in this draft. The list is Myles Garrett, Jamal Adams, and Ryan Ramczyk. But I haven't evaluated every top player in this draft yet, so that list could possibly grow a tad. I doubt it grows much.

NERamsFan

Pro Bowler
I'd play Lamp at Center. And no, I mean I can count on one hand the number of guys that I'd take over Lamp in this draft. The list is Myles Garrett, Jamal Adams, and Ryan Ramczyk. But I haven't evaluated every top player in this draft yet, so that list could possibly grow a tad. I doubt it grows much.

Agreed, wholeheartedly on your points. It's no secret I love Lamp myself and I do truly believe Snead will pull off a trade to move up and get him. Call me naive or whatever, but I think it gets done.

With regards to your list, I would add Hooker and subtract Ramczyk. If I'm not mistaken, Mayock and co. raised concerns regarding his commitment and dedication to football. I want a guy who WANTS to play and be the best.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Agreed, wholeheartedly on your points. It's no secret I love Lamp myself and I do truly believe Snead will pull off a trade to move up and get him. Call me naive or whatever, but I think it gets done.

With regards to your list, I would add Hooker and subtract Ramczyk. If I'm not mistaken, Mayock and co. raised concerns regarding his commitment and dedication to football. I want a guy who WANTS to play and be the best.

I disagree with Mayock and co.'s perspective on that. This article discusses it:
http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/new...kle-welding-career/1o918f3b1f04d1lk13g3ra7066

Considering what the man had to do to get to where he is today, I don't doubt his commitment and dedication.

I'm not a big Hooker fan. He's a playmaker, but he's a bad tackler who takes bad angles in the running game. He reminds me of Reggie Nelson and O.J. Atogwe in that respect. He'll make splash plays for you, but he may never be a reliable player.

NERamsFan

Pro Bowler
Fair enough, @jrry32 I'll take your word for it sir.

Btw I had the worst case of insomnia last night and so I went on YouTube for a solid two hours and just watched all videos related to Forrest Lamp. I HIGHLY suggest everyone do it if you have the time, the guy is very smart and well-spoken. You can tell he just gets it and will be an immediate star on and off the field. Watch his interviews and you can't help but gush over the guy. I went to bed dreaming we would trade up for him.