Rams Had LB's Pat Angerer, Kelvin Sheppard In For Visit

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Orchid

Starter
Name
Obert
Just the FO doing their homework just in case. I do like the experience of the LBs they are working out.

ljramsfan

Pro Bowler
Name
LJ
I almost a made post on the Rams giving Pat Angerer a look. I think he would better than any of our backups IMO

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
I've wanted Angerer for a while, been saying it over and over again. Would be a great addition imo.

Amitar

Pro Bowler
Name
Amitar
After looking at the Rams LB lineup I'm glad they are doing their homework. Still have needs to fill in the draft and we knew the Rams could not draft every position they needed.

fearsomefour

Legend
I've wanted Angerer for a while, been saying it over and over again. Would be a great addition imo.
Me too. I like him as a depth guy, however, him taking so long to get signed then getting cut....makes me wonder how healthy he is....or if his injuries have gotten the better of him.

RamBill

Legend
Bill Polian loves Angerer....but then again....he drafted him. I've heard Polian talk about him on NFL Radio. They showed him getting cut from the Falcons on the final Hard Knocks. If they do sign someone it won't be until after Week 1 so they don't have to guarantee a full years salary.

Memphis Ram

Legend
Angerer is coming off microfracture surgery on his knee and was dealing with concussion issues this summer.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
No dude. You should always choose peace! Angerer will only lead you down the path of destruction.
As a former member of the USMC, I chose piece every time!!
1833.jpg

HeiseNBerg

Pro Bowler
Should we be a little concerned that:
a) JL55 has missed most of the pre-season with an ankle sprain and
b) both these guys can cover the middle?

Or am I just being overly-suspicious?

ZigZagRam

Pro Bowler
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Should we be a little concerned that:
a) JL55 has missed most of the pre-season with an ankle sprain and
b) both these guys can cover the middle?

Or am I just being overly-suspicious?

You're being overly suspicious. There were multiple preseason games that they acknowledged that if it were regular season Laurinaitis would be playing. It is well-known that Fisher does a great job protecting his vets.

This has everything to do with the team only having 5 LBs on the roster and doing due dilligence to add more depth and little to nothing to do with James Laurinaitis's availability.