Rams great LeRoy Irvin endorses Marcus Roberson

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

What is Marcus Roberson's ceiling?

• Total voters

JKBOGEN

JAKE OLIVER ELLENBOGEN
Rams great LeRoy Irvin endorses Marcus Roberson
usatsi_8808270.jpg

http://theramswire.usatoday.com/2016/07/24/rams-great-leroy-irvin-endorses-marcus-roberson/

By: Jake Ellenbogen | 7 hours ago

Here at the Rams Wire we have been pretty high on a certain young Los Angeles Rams cornerback, but we aren’t alone. Rams great LeRoy Irvin has pretty much jumped on the Marcus Roberson bandwagon with us.

Related:

Don't overlook this third-year Rams CB to start in 2016

The young corner was given a gift from the former Ram. He signed his jersey and gave it to Roberson back in August of 2015.

Here is Roberson thanking Irvin on his Twitter account.

Now this was a year ago, but for whatever reason it took the Rams great until almost an entire year later to reply. What he did next was the fun part. Irvin wrote this on his Twitter account.

It looks as though Irvin was waiting for the right time to endorse the former Florida Gator. It appears he waited until he actually had played a snap and he, along with the Rams, moved back to Los Angeles.

Mr. Roberson just received his seal of approval from a past Rams great who originally wore the number 47 before he did. Now that he’s getting the recognition, it’s time for him to take the next step and try to grab hold of that starting job.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2022 TOP Member
Roberson was pretty impressive last year late when he got some PT. We are very well stocked at CB despite what the so called media experts keep writing. Tru is a starter on most any team. EJ Gaines at times his rookie season played better than both Tru and JJ. Joyner, Roberson and the veteran in Sensabough provide some very good depth. Rohan Gaines and Mike Jordan provide some young depth to be developed just like we've done with picks/udfa since Fisher/Williams came to town.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Roberson was pretty impressive last year late when he got some PT.
I just noticed he played quite a bit the opening week vs the Hawks...A little playing time is usually pretty helpful to most of these guys....I typically think that any SEC kinda talent can play in the NFL if their head is on right...Roberson appears to be working hard this offseason...pushing for some more time...

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
He had a good interview a couple months ago. Yeah his ceiling is the sky. A player like him is the same kind of value as J Jenkins. They bought were big stars at Florida as freshman. He is still very young.He is only 23 years old going into his 3rd season, as J. Jenkins is 27.

hotanez

NRA Member for Life
He was a steal as a undrafted free agent. I remember a lot of guys here excited about getting him. I think he's ready to step up.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I always root for the underdogs and I love the way Roberson has fought his way onto the roster and the field. He's a solid depth CB out of nowhere really.

And you know... Not to take anything away from Roberson, but this secondary gets absolutely superb coaching since Williams came aboard and it shows.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
He was a steal as a undrafted free agent. I remember a lot of guys here excited about getting him. I think he's ready to step up.

Your avatar is killin me. Viva la football Francaise!