RAMS GOING REGRET PASSING ON SAMMY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

PhxRam

Wow! That was sudden and incomprehensible. Seemed like he wanted to be banned. Went out of his way and was successful. :confused:

You know how we roll...

I have preached tolerance until I have become blue in the face, but I have ZERO tolerance for blatant trolls.

Most posters have come to this place to rid their lives of the trolls. It is my duty to honor that and continue to make this place as troll free as possible.

Alan

Legend
I'm not complaining Phx. Had to be done. I just can't understand why he didn't just move on without burning bridges.
images
Although this might be the best explanation:
images

tbux

Rookie
I agree that one doesn't preclude the other but it will probably have some effect when a decision between a WR and a player at another position is really close.

Point is - if we are interested in Watkins, its because they feel he is a top level #1 caliber wr that we dont have. Signing Britt has no bearing on that thought as he isnt a solid #1 caliber wr with the same skill set. So no I dont think it has any bearing at all. he is a low risk, high reward signing- like SD did with DX- when healthy he is a solid producer. Same with Britt- when healthy and not in trouble- he can do good things, but he is by no means an answer to our WR problems ie #1 WR you an count on for years. If anything I think it could help- could be a smokescreen to help us get him in a trade down.

Ramsey

Starter
Name
Ramsey
The Britt deal has me doubting Fisher. Fisher has a thing for signing ex-Titan players and coaches. Dunbar worked out. Cook- Meh. And now Britt.
NFL stands for Not For Long. Britt ages, Britt gets injured, Britt gets arrested 9 times, and Britt will take valuable reps away from our young receivers.
Britt only caught 30% of passes he was targeted on in 2013.

I'm OK with not drafting Sammy Watkins, but I'm not because we signed Britt.

jjab360

Legend
The Britt deal has me doubting Fisher. Fisher has a thing for signing ex-Titan players and coaches. Dunbar worked out. Cook- Meh. And now Britt.
NFL stands for Not For Long. Britt ages, Britt gets injured, Britt gets arrested 9 times, and Britt will take valuable reps away from our young receivers.
Britt only caught 30% of passes he was targeted on in 2013.

I'm OK with not drafting Sammy Watkins, but I'm not because we signed Britt.
Actually Hayes was an ex Titans player, not Dunbar. That move turned out very well, imo. I don't see anything wrong with Fisher bringing in players he's familiar with, especially if it's on a cheap contract. Familiarity and scheme recognition only serve to make the transition easier, the problem with a lot of Free Agents is that they don't fit the scheme or mesh with the coaches of the team that signed them.

iced

Point is - if we are interested in Watkins, its because they feel he is a top level #1 caliber wr that we dont have. Signing Britt has no bearing on that thought as he isnt a solid #1 caliber wr with the same skill set. So no I dont think it has any bearing at all. he is a low risk, high reward signing- like SD did with DX- when healthy he is a solid producer. Same with Britt- when healthy and not in trouble- he can do good things, but he is by no means an answer to our WR problems ie #1 WR you an count on for years. If anything I think it could help- could be a smokescreen to help us get him in a trade down.

just think back to Titus Young last year..yea it didn't work out and we didn't sign him for very long (and got him cheap, like britt) - which was what, 3 months before traded up to take Tavon Austin. Same thing now - takin' a flier.

If they felt Britt was going to be the top guy, his contract would have been longer and higher...

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I know there is a little vibe that signing Britt doesn't impact the possibility of drafting Watkins... But I think it clearly does.

The Rams wouldn't toss $500K down the toilet if they didn't plan on Britt making the roster. Where does that leave room for Watkins in the line up?

The only way I see Watkins as a Ram is if he free falls draft day. Sorry RFIP. I like him too.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
I think there's a better chance of us regretting passing on Clowney.

"You can never have too many pass rushers." Yeah, that is something Jeff would say.

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I know there is a little vibe that signing Britt doesn't impact the possibility of drafting Watkins... But I think it clearly does.

The Rams wouldn't toss $500K down the toilet if they didn't plan on Britt making the roster. Where does that leave room for Watkins in the line up?

The only way I see Watkins as a Ram is if he free falls draft day. Sorry RFIP. I like him too.

How can you say the Kenny Britt signing impacted something that may have never been in play?

We don't know if our FO was ever targeting Watkins or if they still are