Rams GM Les Snead talks about the new uniforms & the 2020 season

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Good listen. Interesting to hear Les talk so passionately about offensive football. That was stronger than I have heard before, maybe because they spoke directly about it.

PARAM

Hall of Fame
Great listen on uniforms but I was curious about Russell Wilson's record against the Rams and the rest of the NFC. His record against teams in the NFC the last 3 years.....the only teams with winning records against him are the Rams (4-2) and Green Bay (2-1) with one of GB's wins in the PS and Washington (1-0). Of the teams that have played him more than once; SF is 2-4. Philadelphia is 0-2, Minnesota is 0-2, Dallas is 1-2 (the win coming in the PS), Arizona is 2-4, Atlanta is 1-1, Carolina is 0-2. He's a tough guy to beat. Seattle is 24-15 against the NFC the last 3 years. 7-5 against the AFC.

Last edited:

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
I've been watching more of Colin during this quarantine, and man on some days I'm with him all the way on his takes and other days...not so much.

But goddamn yesterday he was giving Russell Wilson the biggest BJ ever...moreso than normal.

bluecoconuts

Legend
Great listen on uniforms but I was curious about Russell Wilson's record against the Rams and the rest of the NFC. His record against teams in the NFC the last 3 years.....the only teams with winning records against him are the Rams (4-2) and Green Bay (2-1) with one of GB's wins in the PS and Washington (1-0). Of the teams that have played him more than once; SF is 2-4. Philadelphia is 0-2, Minnesota is 0-2, Dallas is 1-2 (the win coming in the PS), Arizona is 2-4, Atlanta is 1-1, Carolina is 0-2. He's a tough guy to beat. Seattle is 24-15 against the NFC the last 3 years. 7-5 against the AFC.

He’s a tough guy to beat and the Rams can make him throw the ball backwards and look like a panicked child.

That’s just how we do.

Ants

Starter
I've been watching more of Colin during this quarantine, and man on some days I'm with him all the way on his takes and other days...not so much.

But goddamn yesterday he was giving Russell Wilson the biggest BJ ever...moreso than normal.

I agree that I'm usually with him - Russel Wilson included. But yesterday he was talking about some nonsense...I don't even recall what it was. But it was reminiscent of Dan LeBatart and his crazy, stupid takes on a topic.
I actually had to turn him off yesterday because he was so off. And I'm a pretty faithful listener/watcher.

Ram65

Legend
Les never did answer the Cooks and Gurley contracts directly. Probably better off not answering it directly but, it would be interesting to hear if he regretted getting Cook's (including the contract) and giving Gurley the deal early and the amount of money.

Les is feeding the McVay beast with chuck yardage players. Those first two draft picks reloaded the McVay's offensive weapons. He did a great job reloading the defense too. I think he and the Rams made an important decision to address the defensive side in free agency and the draft.

I would ask Les how the draft picks are decided and who has the final say? Again he probably would not give a direct answer. It seems like a group effort with him and McVay coming to some agreement. I still wonder who makes the really close calls.

Deac

Starter
Name
Sean
I would say, it there is guy McV absolutely wants and is primed to pick in a spot before the draft, then he gets him (Akers), if not it's up to Les/ scouting to determine best picks at that time.

PARAM

Hall of Fame

He's either from Seattle or worked there a long time. So he's a Seahawk fan therefore the BJ is no surprise. That being said, I respect Wilson's football skills.

PressureD41

Les Snead's Draft Advisor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
Hes from Seattle, but I won't say he's a homer. i don't think he has a team tbh

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Unreal Les has been with the Rams for 9 years!!!!!! WOW!

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
You know why the Rams are so good against RW....

View: https://i.imgur.com/kyBG13Q.gif

Rams77

Starter
Our defensive line feasted on Wilson even before we had Donald. In 2012-13 we gave him fits with Quinn, Long, Brockers, Langford, Sims, Hayes

RamFanWA

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
DavidG

I got to hear Colin on the radio before he hit the big time, flapping his jaw on the local sports talk station in Portland. Not sure he is a homer for any team or city - as I think he plays the field. One thing I always found interesting about him is that he grew up in no-wheres-ville, in Grays Harbor, WA... He was to fascinated by operating a radio station and he acquired a low power, unlicensed radio to broadcast into his neighborhood... Hios parents probably told him to quit wasting his time...:ROFLMAO: However, his drive and passion for what he liked to do, has certainly rewarded him.

Sort of a good story about following your dreams right there.

bluecoconuts

Legend
Our defensive line feasted on Wilson even before we had Donald. In 2012-13 we gave him fits with Quinn, Long, Brockers, Langford, Sims, Hayes

Wilson gets sacked a lot, in fact he's only gone 6 games without taking a sack. He's taken a 7 sacks in a game 3 times, twice by the Rams and once by Arizona. He has been sacked 6 times in a game a whopping 9 times. Twice by the Rams, twice by Arizona, as well as Detroit, Denver, Chicago, Philly, and Tampa.

Obviously the NFC West has always gotten plenty of sacks against Wilson since we play him the most. The Whiners are the only team in the NFC West who have played a game and not gotten a sack against Wilson. The lowest sack total against Wilson for each of the NFC West teams are:

Whiners - 0 sacks, 1 time
Rams - 1 sack, 1 time
Tardinals - 1 sack, 4 times

Obviously the NFC West are the teams that sack Wilson the most each year between their two games.

Because this is fun, I'll list them out by each year.

2012 - Rams lead the way with 8 sacks total on Wilson. 6 in one game, and 2 in the other. Jets were actually second with 4, Arizona had 3, and Whiners had 3 total.

2013 - Once again the Rams led the way with 11 sacks on the year. 7 in one game, and 4 in the other. Arizona was second with 7 (4 and 3) total, and Whiners third with 6 (4 and 2) total. Then Houston with 5 in one game.

2014 - For the first time, SF led the way with their 9 sacks, 5 in one game and 4 in the other. Arizona is second with 8 sacks on the year. 7 in one game but only 1 in the other, and the Rams were third with "only" 6 sacks of Wilson on the year.

2015 - Rams are back on top, this time with 10 sacks of the year. 6 in one game and 4 in the second. SF was second with 7 sacks, and Arizona was actually 7th with only 3 sacks on the year. Detroit also had a 6 sack game.

2016 - This time it was Arizona's turn for the crown but only with 7 sacks. They had a 6 sack game and another 1 sack game against him. Rams were 3rd with only 4 sacks, and the Whiners were 5th with 3 sacks. Tampa also had a 6 sack game.

2017 - Again, Rams are back on top with 10 sacks total. 7 in one game, the 7-42 beat down where we made him look like a damn child, and 3 in the other. Arizona was second with 8, and SF is in a 6 way tie for 4th.

2018 - Arizona takes it again with 8, and Rams are tied for second with 6 along with the 49ers. Arizona, Denver, and Chicago all had 6 sack games against Wilson, Rams had 4 and 2 respectively.

2019 - Arizona led once again (their 3rd time), with 9. The Rams only had 6, their second lowest total. The Whiners also had 6.

Basically Wilson is sacked a lot, and most of them by the Rams.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Wilson gets sacked a lot, in fact he's only gone 6 games without taking a sack. He's taken a 7 sacks in a game 3 times, twice by the Rams and once by Arizona. He has been sacked 6 times in a game a whopping 9 times. Twice by the Rams, twice by Arizona, as well as Detroit, Denver, Chicago, Philly, and Tampa.

Obviously the NFC West has always gotten plenty of sacks against Wilson since we play him the most. The Whiners are the only team in the NFC West who have played a game and not gotten a sack against Wilson. The lowest sack total against Wilson for each of the NFC West teams are:

Whiners - 0 sacks, 1 time
Rams - 1 sack, 1 time
Tardinals - 1 sack, 4 times

Obviously the NFC West are the teams that sack Wilson the most each year between their two games.

Because this is fun, I'll list them out by each year.

2012 - Rams lead the way with 8 sacks total on Wilson. 6 in one game, and 2 in the other. Jets were actually second with 4, Arizona had 3, and Whiners had 3 total.

2013 - Once again the Rams led the way with 11 sacks on the year. 7 in one game, and 4 in the other. Arizona was second with 7 (4 and 3) total, and Whiners third with 6 (4 and 2) total. Then Houston with 5 in one game.

2014 - For the first time, SF led the way with their 9 sacks, 5 in one game and 4 in the other. Arizona is second with 8 sacks on the year. 7 in one game but only 1 in the other, and the Rams were third with "only" 6 sacks of Wilson on the year.

2015 - Rams are back on top, this time with 10 sacks of the year. 6 in one game and 4 in the second. SF was second with 7 sacks, and Arizona was actually 7th with only 3 sacks on the year. Detroit also had a 6 sack game.

2016 - This time it was Arizona's turn for the crown but only with 7 sacks. They had a 6 sack game and another 1 sack game against him. Rams were 3rd with only 4 sacks, and the Whiners were 5th with 3 sacks. Tampa also had a 6 sack game.

2017 - Again, Rams are back on top with 10 sacks total. 7 in one game, the 7-42 beat down where we made him look like a damn child, and 3 in the other. Arizona was second with 8, and SF is in a 6 way tie for 4th.

2018 - Arizona takes it again with 8, and Rams are tied for second with 6 along with the 49ers. Arizona, Denver, and Chicago all had 6 sack games against Wilson, Rams had 4 and 2 respectively.

2019 - Arizona led once again (their 3rd time), with 9. The Rams only had 6, their second lowest total. The Whiners also had 6.

Basically Wilson is sacked a lot, and most of them by the Rams.

(y)

WeepyUnlawfulAssassinbug-size_restricted.gif

XXXIVwin

Hall of Fame
Wilson’s high sack rate is all the more reason I’m so impressed with his play— he’s had incredibly good seasons despite having some bad OL’s in front of him.

My college team is the UW Badgers, so maybe I’m biased, who knows. He was un-freaking-real for the Badgers in 2011. IMHO Wilson has been a top-5 QB for his entire career.

I always root for him to lose because he’s a Seahawk. But IMHO he is a ridiculously talented and effective player.