Rams give tryouts to two kickers

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Howard Balzer
http://www.101espn.com/category/hbalzer ... o-Kickers/

While the news broke Friday that Jeff Fisher would be the next head coach of the Rams, the current personnel department was conducting tryouts for two free-agent kickers.

Clint Stitser (Fresno State) and Garrett Lindholm (Tarleton State) were at Rams Park last Friday, although neither was signed.

Stitser kicked in five games for the Bengals in 2010, scoring 29 points. He was 7-for-8 on field-goal attempts, but only 8-for-10 com extra points. He was released by the Bengals at the start of training camp, and signed with the Redskins before being released prior to the start of the season.

In 2010, he also spent time with Seattle and the New York Jets, but not during the regular season.

Lindholm signed with the Falcons as an undrafted free agent in 2010, and was also briefly with the Colts. He was not in any NFL’s team in training camp last year.

Incumbent Rams kicker Josh Brown is entering the final year of his contract in 2012 and has a salary of $2.7 million. He counts $3.656 million against the salary cap.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Uh oh Brown. I fear this is a little heads up for you.

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
If the initials aren't SB, JL, RQ, CL, HD. SJ, RS, QM, watch out there's a new sheriff in town.

JdashSTL

Pro Bowler
One player I didnt even think about til now throughout this process: DX. What are they gonna do with him?

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Yamahopper said:
If the initials aren't SB, JL, RQ, CL, HD. SJ, RS, QM, watch out there's a new sheriff in town.

Let's not forget Darian Stewart. I imagine that the Rams are going to make every effort to resign him to a long-term contract. We found a gem in Stewart.