Rams give Robert Woods bonus money for missing week 17

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Good move, now about that contract extension after the season...
He's being paid about half of what these chumps are getting in free agency this year

Not after one year of a five year contract. If he keeps performing I could see the Rams negotiating an additional year or two to the contract, with a nice new signing bonus.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Not after one year of a five year contract. If he keeps performing I could see the Rams negotiating an additional year or two to the contract, with a nice new signing bonus.
That's why I said, after the season
1 year wonder is possible. When he backs it up with another great year (which will happen) I'd hope they try to sweeten things up...

Corbin

THIS IS MY BOOOOOMSTICK!!
This is very shrewd by our front office, also it’s finally a great thing to be able to debate which of our WR’s is better! Haha

RamsOfCastamere

I drink things, and know nothing
Jumping, catching, you name it. Rice worked harder then maybe any WR ever. There are practice squad players who are more athletic then he was.

It also helped he had two HOF QBs.
Jerry's route running was superb!

As far as Kupp, what has he done to show he's the better player? He's my boy but Woods is still a notch ahead. Woods gets separation and makes tough catches the are low, behind, and out of reach. Kupp had some great plays too but also had some pivotal drops. I don't think he would have made that deep diving catch that Woods had in the playoffs. Kupp dropped his spectacular catch vs the Hawks.

SteezyEndo

The Immaculate Exception
If I had to choose between the better clutch it would be Woods. Kupp can be like Woods, but not quite there yet.

Afro Ram

Pro Bowler
Other than speed, what aspect?

It's called HEART. There's no shortage of super talented athletes coming out of the college ranks. What separates the greatest athletes from the good is work ethic and the drive to be the best. Also staying healthy helps significantly as well

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It's called HEART. There's no shortage of super talented athletes coming out of the college ranks. What separates the greatest athletes from the good is work ethic and the drive to be the best. Also staying healthy helps significantly as well
Randy Moss had more heart than Jerry Rice? What?

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Ha. That's no where in the message I posted, but fair enough.
Message board miscommunication at its finest. No worries brother. My comment that you quoted me on was in response to Randy Moss being better than Jerry Rice in all aspects. Other than speed, I cant think of one. Heart? Rice had it in spades. All good

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Yes, the Rams are really making it hard for me to think of management and ownership as being rich, greedy scumbags.

The fact that they pay the human resources after kinda taking opportunity away doesn't change their profit picture.

Kupp had some great plays too but also had some pivotal drops.

Other than the TD what pivital drops did he have? I can't recall..........he had 5 last year. For a rook that's not a worry.

And that TD pass attempt was not a well thrown ball, it's 50/50 for most every WR in the league. It was a 3rd down play and the Rams had another chance. And Goff threw a really bad ball to Kupp on 4th down.

Look at this other play. He has good hands.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Message board miscommunication at its finest. No worries brother. My comment that you quoted me on was in response to Randy Moss being better than Jerry Rice in all aspects. Other than speed, I cant think of one. Heart? Rice had it in spades. All good

I think Moss had better hands. I think he got a lot of tips from CCarter who had the best hands I can remember. From that era Carter and Tim Brown seemed to catch everything.

I've never seen anyone catch those sideline passes like Carter did. It was exceptionally unique.

SeminoleRam

Pro Bowler
Name
PaceRam
I think both Woods and Kupp are excellent WR's with great attitudes and I hope they both remain Rams for a long time!

RamsOfCastamere

I drink things, and know nothing
The fact that they pay the human resources after kinda taking opportunity away doesn't change their profit picture.

Other than the TD what pivital drops did he have? I can't recall..........he had 5 last year. For a rook that's not a worry.

And that TD pass attempt was not a well thrown ball, it's 50/50 for most every WR in the league. It was a 3rd down play and the Rams had another chance. And Goff threw a really bad ball to Kupp on 4th down.

Look at this other play. He has good hands.

I can't remember when but I recall one of those drops being on 3rd down or late in the second half. 5 is not a lot at all and I'm not worried about his hands. I was just comparing him to Woods who has 0 drops.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
I can't remember when but I recall one of those drops being on 3rd down or late in the second half. 5 is not a lot at all and I'm not worried about his hands. I was just comparing him to Woods who has 0 drops.

Woods is under-rated by people who aren't Rams fans.......or Bills fans.

The guy just flat out produces and his desire to get more yards after the catch is excellent. He's one hell of a downfield blocker too. This was an excellent pickup.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Prolly pizzes Donald off though.
Not sure I follow. You think AD looks at this as them spending money they could have given to him? I sure hope not, because if he does, he has bigger problems than his contract. I'm sure this plays well with the entire team.

It's not a zero sum game. If our TEs produced better it could have also opened up some of Kupp's routes.

Sigh. So at what point is a good deed simply a good deed? They didn't have to do it. It was the right thing to do and they did it. And yes - it would have changed their profit picture by exactly $200,000*
*Does not include tax write-offs for salary, may cause dizziness, don't drive while on incentives, has been known to cause skepticism from certain fans