Rams give Robert Woods bonus money for missing week 17

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Psycho_X

Legend
Classy move by Rams. Keep that guy happy.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...ms-make-200000-bonus-robert-woods-missed-2017

Rams make up for Woods' missed bonus, with a kicker
9:31 AM CT

Last fall,Los Angeles Rams wide receiver Robert Woods missed out on reaching a monetary performance threshold because he was a healthy scratch in Week 17. On Wednesday, the Rams made it up to him.

The Rams renegotiated Woods' deal, adding $200,019 to a $3M roster bonus he is set to receive early on in the league year, according to a league source.

Woods had 781 receiving yards last season. If he reached 800, it would have bumped the incentives he earned from $400,000 to $600,000. By sitting out the finale, Woods' chance to earn that final $200,000 was eliminated.

The Rams are well-known in league circles for their creative touches with contracts, with Woods' $19 raise as the latest example. The figure represents Woods being 19 receiving yards shy of hitting 800 during the season.

The Rams opted to sit several key starters during their Week 17 regular-season finale in 2017, having already clinched the NFC West and being locked into the conference's third seed in the playoffs, regardless of the outcome of their matchup with the San Francisco Whiners.

Woods' five-year deal with the Rams includes annual incentives of up to $600,000, including up to $500,000 tied to the Rams making the playoffs and Woods reaching certain receiving yardage thresholds.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams have a long history of classy moves like this. Very glad our front office takes care of these. It see,s small but that’s a huge gesture to be he players.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Prolly pizzes Donald off though.
Why? The team made good with one of his teammates. We’ve seen that his agents and the Rams agreed to a timeline and are working together. If anything this our make him happy knowing if something similar happened to him in the next contract the Rams would also do him a solid like this.

jjab360

Legend
Good for him. He is by far our best WR
I don't know man, that Kupp kid is pretty talented.

I'm definitely excited to have Woods locked up at a reasonable contract for the next 4 years, though. Speaks to McSnead's foresight that they saw Woods doing well enough in this system to lock him up long term despite mediocre production prior to joining the Rams.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
I'm going to show this to my boss and see if I can get him to pay me on my days off LOL.

Good move by the Rams.

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake
I don't know man, that Kupp kid is pretty talented.

I'm definitely excited to have Woods locked up at a reasonable contract for the next 4 years, though. Speaks to McSnead's foresight that they saw Woods doing well enough in this system to lock him up long term despite mediocre production prior to joining the Rams.

I dunno who's going to be better ... Glad to have them both tho

Ram65

Legend
Woods was and is bargain for the Rams. Hope he stays healthy and collects all his bonus money.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Always love to see the team doing the right thing, and doing that for Woods is definitely the right thing. Nicely done Rams.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yes, the Rams are really making it hard for me to think of management and ownership as being rich, greedy scumbags.
Classy move when they technically didn't have to do it...but morally, it was the only move.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Good move, now about that contract extension after the season...
He's being paid about half of what these chumps are getting in free agency this year

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Good move, now about that contract extension after the season...
He's being paid about half of what these chumps are getting in free agency this year

that's what everyone (not us, we were thrilled with the contract) was saying about him last season. they couldn't believe the amount of money woods received from the rams. still $7m per year average should keep him relatively happy. plus $600k in incentives every year. that's what happens when players agree to long contracts. he knew the risk involved but wanted the security instead.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Yes, the Rams are really making it hard for me to think of management and ownership as being rich, greedy scumbags.
Classy move when they technically didn't have to do it...but morally, it was the only move.

Does this mean that Kroenke will keep Christmas all through the year???