Rams give Jon Toth, C, a tryout

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
This influx of C prospects indicates that Rhaney might be on thin ice with Kromer, don't you think?

I mean, Sullivan plus 3 UDFA's?

Not that I disapprove, mind you.
I might even state the ice is all but melted Rams43.

This former 7th rd picks Rhaney caught a break when the OC lost the duties of line calls but if Kromer is sticking to his own words & will work the other much more experienced three third year OL'ers of Brown, Donnal & Wichmann (all who have won starting posts in their first 2 seasons @ numerous other positions where Rhaney has NOT) bunched together causes Rhaney situation even more precarious.

It would be in the best interest future wise to have 2 or more Ram rookies working into this top 10 Ram OL'er cadre this season just for the reason of staging out the impeding entering of OL'ers into free agency. Rhaney would be four OL cadre who would be entering that UFA period @ the same time.

MadGoat

Mathematically alive
He had to have agreed to a UDFA deal with the 49ers after the draft, because it is reported on many sites on the internet. My only guess is maybe he failed a physical. This situation is unusual ; not much info available to clarify.
Between Cannon and Toth, the 49ers had way more intrigue during the UDFA process than you usually see.

Ram65

Legend
I see a lot of N/As on there including Toth. Does that mean they will be in camp and then offered a contract if they perform well??

It could. For right now it means that they are not signed to a contract.

That's a lot of bodies for rookie camp. Why not look at as many as you can.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I see a lot of N/As on there including Toth. Does that mean they will be in camp and then offered a contract if they perform well??
It means they're tryouts and haven't signed a contract.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Wait, William Likely is on the list? That's awesome! I know he's undersized and has an ACL injury, but he's seriously skilled. If he was three inches taller, he would've been a likely first round pick.

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
Wait, William Likely is on the list?

If he was three inches taller, he would've been a LIKELY first round pick.
If he was taken in the first round he would have been the only "LIKELY" first round pick.

Limey

Rookie
Wait, William Likely is on the list? That's awesome! I know he's undersized and has an ACL injury, but he's seriously skilled. If he was three inches taller, he would've been a likely first round pick.
Hadn't spotted him at the bottom of the list. Probably another slot corner given his size, and injury history is a concern, but he has the skills to be very good if he can stay healthy. Outstanding kick returner as well. More great work from Snead and McVay to get him in for a trial.

OnceARam

Hall of Fame
That would be a coo if we were able to sign him and he was healthy enough to play. Otherwise, we will end up with a Center that is cut during the roster paring down process. Does anyone know who may be cut lose?

ReddingRam

Hall of Fame
Any news on Toth ? -- the Fatboy
I think we might have to wait until after the rookie camp is over... might hear by sometime next week, after they review all practice film and coaches input. there are a LOT of guys to look at and then if some are kept, others will have to be let go, as the 90 man roster is full at the mo.