Rams game-by-game predictions: 8-8?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

PARAM

Hall of Fame
I saw our DL weakened by the loss of Hayes.(-)

You saw our DL weakened by the loss of a 4-3 DE and replaced for all intents and purposes by a 3-4 guy who fits like a glove (Barwin)?

Another thing in your post I disagree with is "every other team being better simply by having a first round pick". First off, forget we don't know who their pick will be and if he will contribute at all via starting or depth. But what about the rest of free agency? Did any of the teams on our schedule lose quite a number of 'contributors' to their team? (Hint-hint: Arizona? Washington? I could go on....)

Being a 4-12 team with no first round pick? That's us. It's true.

Bad OL bolstered by aged vets? Yup.

But our backup RB replaced by a guy who has done little and is injury prone isn't exactly true. I liked Benny. But the last 3 years Bennie has caught 87 passes for 693 yds ( 7.9). Dunbar caught 55 the last 3 years for 554 (10.1 avg). Rushing? Bennie 124 attempts/ 487 yards (3.9). Dunbar 43 for 197 (4.6). The new guys figure Dunbar is a better fit for their system than Bennie. I'll miss him but I don't know how much until the season is over. BTW, how many games did Bennie miss last year?

But I'm with you.....8-8 would be improvement and anything better would be terrific.

Adi

Pro Bowler
Name
Adi
Schedule looks alot easier than last season , alot of winnable games but it's only April. I will be there in NYC for the giants-rams game !

Young Ram

Hall of Fame
10-6 because fuck looking forward to some 8-8 BS. It's time to return to the post season!

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
The Rams are a 4 win team without its first round draft pick.

I believe every other team on our schedule will be "improved" by having their 1st round pick on the field when when we play them, or on the bench as depth (-).

I saw our really lousy OL, perhaps the NFL's worst OL, bolstered by two proven vets. (+)

I saw our unremarkable wr/te corps, one of the NFL's least productive units, lose three of its top producers while adding only one proven vet.(-)

I saw our DL weakened by the loss of Hayes.(-)

I saw our a top backup running back replaced with a injury prone player who has done little. (-)

Therefore, I can't really expect much from McVay's first year. 8 wins from this unit would be a truely remarkable achievement and worthy of "coach of the year" awards for the entire staff.
200.webp

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
The one thing that is correct, is that at some point this season, we will have a 4 game winning streak.

LARAMSinFeb.

Hall of Fame
The Rams are a 4 win team without its first round draft pick.

I believe every other team on our schedule will be "improved" by having their 1st round pick on the field when when we play them, or on the bench as depth (-).

This is supposedly an unusually super-deep draft, so if there was a year to go without a first rounder, this was it.

sjm1582002

Wanted everywhere but welcome nowhere
This thread reminds me of all those grandiose "predictions" from last year.

"Gurley will be unstoppable behind our young OL, which will become an elite unit with the legendary Coach Bou having another whole year to mold them!"

"Clearly, Coach Boras is a huge upgrade over Cignetti and Shotty because he knows how to deploy Tavon!"

"Obviously, our rookies will all be instant game changing contributors!"

What I see heading into this year is an unproven, first year head coach who will be saddled with the league's least talented and lowest scoring offense.

Maybe he will be able to work some real magic right away, like Gase did in Miami.

However, given the dreadful overall performances of the last three head coaches hired by the Rams what makes anyone think this "organization" has, at long last, become competent enough to find a head coach capable of producing a winning record? And in his first season?

Please forgive me if I am not overwhelmed with unbridled optimism about this upcoming season.

PARAM

Hall of Fame
What I see heading into this year is an unproven, first year head coach who will be saddled with the league's least talented and lowest scoring offense.

Maybe he will be able to work some real magic right away, like Gase did in Miami.

Agree with that first line but the caveat is least talented and lowest scoring offense "in previous years". So if he has success, it's "magic"? We'll have to see what happens but if he has success maybe the real "magic" was how pitiful the previous regime was and how much better they should have done.

However, given the dreadful overall performances of the last three head coaches hired by the Rams what makes anyone think this "organization" has, at long last, become competent enough to find a head coach capable of producing a winning record? And in his first season?

Please forgive me if I am not overwhelmed with unbridled optimism about this upcoming season.

The old "the organization is inept" approach? The Rams organization was inept from 1990 (in reality long before that) through 1998 and suddenly they were on top of the world. "Magic"? Yeah, it sure looked like that.

But I fail to see how Kroenke as full owner only since 2010 making his 2nd coaching change as a full owner equates to organization finally becoming "competent enough to find a head coach capable of producing a winning record". We weren't a winner for 6 years before he took over or for 10 of the 14 year earlier than that. In other words, he's had just 6 or so years, while the organization has been pitiful for the better part of two and half decades.

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
There will be growing pains for sure. The OL is a mess, WR corps with no real vet experience and no true #1. a defense being transitioned from a 4-3 to a 3-4.

Rams will be lucky to go 8-8.

Ram65

Legend
I don't like making a prediction on the season in April or even August. I do try to look at the positive side early on. It can be a fine line between winning and losing in today's NFL. Teams can turn things around in a very short time from being losing team to being a winning team and vice a versa. Most team fans can find a couple or more games each year where a lost fumble, a bad call from the refs, a bad call from a coach or a dropped pass changed the outcome of the game. A couple of good breaks can affect the entire season.

The Rams have made a lot of positive moves this offseason. We all know the coaching changes, the addition by subtraction of players and the addition of new players. The moves look very positive for the defense. The improvement of the offensive line and coaching staff will have positive effects on scoring points.

I hope at least a 6-10 record improvement but, 9-7 isn't completely out of the question.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man

"Gurley will be unstoppable behind our young OL, which will become an elite unit with the legendary Coach Bou having another whole year to mold them!"

"Clearly, Coach Boras is a huge upgrade over Cignetti and Shotty because he knows how to deploy Tavon!"

F29814AF-E198-4C62-BDD3-1999B746069B_zpswz5ilnns.jpg

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Kind of a Debbie Downer version but I'll play.

I think Frisco will be the only improved team in our division and we will be ready for them this time. I honestly think AZ and the shitchickens take a step backwards. The other teams will be a mixed bag. Indy and WA look to be possibly weaker. The JAGs look to be stronger. Our schedule as a whole looks to be friendlier than in some time. (+)

Our O-line looks to be improved - possibly even vastly improved. (+)

We lost our three biggest producers and one of our biggest attitude problems in terms of receivers. We have some pretty intriguing young players in Cooper and Higbeast, as well as a couple others. Woods should be a big pick-up. (wash or +)

We picked up Barwin and lost Hayes. (+)

I liked Benny but in no way was he our top RB and even with him, we lacked a change of pace back. (<>)

We have a QB that is no longer a true junior rookie. (+)

We have an actual offensive mind on staff. (+++++)

We have a very good and confident DC. (<>).

Adds up to an improved team if you ask me.....possibly vastly improved.
Silly you! The offseason is a time for pessimism not optimism!

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
The one thing that is correct, is that at some point this season, we will have a 4 game winning streak.
Well, The 1st time will be the 1st 4 games!!(y);):D Then we'll do it again later!!:snicker::shades::banana::cheers:

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
Optimistic? Rams have a winning season. Pessimistic? I got 25,000 ROD bucks that says the Rams DON'T win 4 games in a row.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Optimistic? Rams have a winning season. Pessimistic? I got 25,000 ROD bucks that says the Rams DON'T win 4 games in a row.
Four in a row? Anybody making that call is being very bold. Our first 4 IMO are winnable, don't know that we will but they're all winnable.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu

And so? I just personally see no upside to predicting doom and gloom or bagging on the organization's ability to hire a coach on their second go 'round. I've seen many organizations go from losing to winning without a complete change in personnel. Sometimes it IS just a matter of putting players in a position to win or a new system that better utilizes the talent at hand.

Regardless, I am pissed when we lose and elated when we win. I go into every season thinking we can and will be a winning franchise. This season is no different.