Rams Future and STL Stadium Situation: Part 3

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

STL-Rams

Starter
Rams Future and St. Louis Stadium Situation: Part 3
Shane Gray

(The first section of this three part Rams future and St. Louis' stadium situation series is available here, while the second portion of the report can be found here.)

Buying the Broncos or Divesting in Denver?

Rumors have been swirling that Rams owner Stan Kroenke could be interested in purchasing the Denver Broncos, largely due to the health issues facing Broncos' owner Pat Bowlen and the fact that such a buy by Kroenke which would place him in accord with the NFL's cross-ownership rules as he owns both an NBA franchise (the Denver Nuggets) and an NHL team (the Colorado Avalanche) there.​

As for the speculation regarding a possible Broncos buy, however, Denver Post columnist Mike Klis cited a team source on November 22 in tweeting that there was "no chance" that Kroenke would ultimately own the club. On the same day, Broncos executive Patrick Smyth tweeted that the franchise will be staying in the Bowlen family.

If true, Kroenke will have to eventually settle his current cross-ownership issues in a manner other than by obtaining the Broncos and selling the Rams. As I shared in part one of this series, though, I was told by a trusted source that rumors of a Rams sale were bogus.

With all that said, Kroenke must eventually remedy the cross-ownership situation regardless of whether he ultimately keeps the Rams in St. Louis or takes them back to L.A. Neither a stay or a move will help him in remedying his cross-ownership dilemna.

Getting Real with Relocation Fees

(For the full report which also looks at relocation fees, topic of ringing hollow and to stay or to go, I hope you will check out the full read via the link below. Thanks, as always, for being the best Rams board anywhere and for all the support, ROD. I hope each of you will enjoy it):

http://www.insidestl.com/insideSTLc...re-and-St-Louis-Stadium-Situation-Part-3.aspx

Last edited:

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
As per the norm, this thread has been locked. ROD members can follow the link to Shane's full column and comment there if they like.

Thanks for posting this Shane - can't wait to read it.

Stu

Status
Not open for further replies.