Rams Free Agency: Long, Cook Deals Show Focus Flip- 101 ESPN

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

ShaneG

Starter
Shane Gray is a contributing writer for 101sports.com. Follow him on Twitter @ShaneGmoSTLRams.

A year ago, the St. Louis Rams’ new-look decision-making tandem of Jeff Fisher and Les Snead attacked free agency vigilantly while focusing on defense, using the majority of available resources to add former Pro Bowl cornerback Cortland Finnegan, versatile linebacker Jo-Lonn Dunbar and coveted defensive end/tackle Kendall Langford.

Fast forward to 2013, and the St. Louis front office has flipped focus while being just as aggressive in addressing offensive needs, adding 27-year-old former No. 1 pick and four-time Pro Bowl left tackle Jake Long and explosive 25-year-old tight end Jared Cook.

If this year’s moves assist the offense in optimizing as much as last season’s aided the defense in developing, then the Rams will be poised to implement a very balanced, productive all-around attack this fall.

For full piece and why Long and Cook could be viewed as 2 for 1 players, please click link below. Thanks very much...
<a class="postlink" href="http://stage.101espn.com/?sid=15761665&nid=106" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://stage.101espn.com/?sid=15761665&nid=106</a>

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
Re: Rams Free Agency: Long, Cook Deals Show Focus Flip- 101

Good read thanx for sharing so excited for the draft

ShaneG

Starter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Rabid Ram said:

Thank you.. and no problem. It is amazing to consider how quickly the draft is approaching.

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin

ShaneG said:
Rabid Ram said:

Thank you.. and no problem. It is amazing to consider how quickly the draft is approaching.

I dont remember being as excited for a draft as I am this year

ShaneG

Starter

Rabid Ram said:
ShaneG said:
Rabid Ram said:

Agreed, particularly after the success seen last year.

joeybittick

Rookie

Rabid Ram said:
ShaneG said:
Rabid Ram said:

The last one I can remember being close to this excited about was the 2001 (I think) draft when they had 3 first round picks. I can't wait for draft day :nana:

paceram

Pro Bowler

Rabid Ram said:
ShaneG said:
Rabid Ram said:

This is definitely an exciting Draft for the Rams and I am hoping next year's Draft will even be more exciting (If, the Redskins will cooperate!)! There could be some great prospects (Jadeveon Clowney, Jake Matthews, Marqise Lee, Sammy Watkins, Taylor Lewan, Cyrus Kouandjio, etc) available next year if some of the underclassman declare!

bluecoconuts

Legend

Yep, I'm getting really pumped this year, I really like the direction that we're headed under Snead and Fisher. I may even buy Madden this year, I'm ready for the season to start and we're still a month away from the draft :mrgreen:

Speeps

Starter

What a great read! Thanks for that. What's important is the Rams are not staying content with the roster. They are not blinded by the 7-8-1 record. They realized that this team still need a plethora of talent, and weren't afraid to let some walkaway given the fact that although they were loved, they didn't lead to points on the board. Here is a startling stat: Danny Amendola had one more TD than Brian Quick.

The Rams aren't fooled by last years success like previous regimes. They had a plan, and are sticking to it.

ShaneG

Starter

Speeps said:
What a great read! Thanks for that. What's important is the Rams are not staying content with the roster. They are not blinded by the 7-8-1 record. They realized that this team still need a plethora of talent, and weren't afraid to let some walkaway given the fact that although they were loved, they didn't lead to points on the board. Here is a startling stat: Danny Amendola had one more TD than Brian Quick.

The Rams aren't fooled by last years success like previous regimes. They had a plan, and are sticking to it.

Thanks very much for the very kind words. Appreciate that...

nighttrain

Legend

ShaneG said:
Speeps said:

Thanks very much for the very kind words. Appreciate that...
Agree with "Speeps" wholeheartedly, and keep on writing Shane, great read as always
train