Rams Free Agency day 2

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Has Chip Kelly got some mad scientist in his basement making ACLS out of Adamantium or something

I think he gave up how he deals with the off season. He trades or signs previously injured but talented players, and he hopes to get a good year out of them. Then repeats the next offseason.

RaminExile

Hall of Fame
I think he gave up how he deals with the off season. He trades or signs previously injured but talented players, and he hopes to get a good year out of them. Then repeats the next offseason.

He's unorthodox....I'll give him that.

Zombie Slayer

You are entitled to nothing.
Name
Dave
Whatever they do, they need to spend wisely. There are some guys next year that they will need to have money for if they want to keep them.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Then how do they have first right of refusal? Not saying you are wrong. Just don't get the conditions of his contract.

They tagged him as original round tender. He was an undrafted free agent. Which means that they get the right to match any contract he's offered and would receive the pick of the round he was drafted in if they don't. But since he wasn't drafted, they don't get any pick.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
Fairley on our D-line?? Holy cow that would be exciting - would be an upgrade from Langford and Carrington that's for sure.

Or tag him so you get him another year as well.

But we gotta pay Foles next year if we like him. I say he'll easily be worth 16 million a year.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
They tagged him as original round tender. He was an undrafted free agent. Which means that they get the right to match any contract he's offered and would receive the pick of the round he was drafted in if they don't. But since he wasn't drafted, they don't get any pick.
Ah. So a team gets another UDFA in his place. Got it. :D

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Or just do a Kelly and bring in someone one a 1 year deal. Just replace our entire team every year.
I think too many people want to think Kelly shouldn't be getting rid of players that don't fit his personality or strategy. Right or wrong, I think he is only trying to get personnel he thinks will work in his system. His injury comments were only in defense of brining in a guy coming off two ACLs. I highly doubt high turnover is part of his grand scheme.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
Per Silva via Twitter: I expect the Rams to resign Kenny Britt pretty soon.

Whoop! You know Britt wants in on the magic....

Athos

Legend
Okay, briefly on AP.

Provided all that is true, how much and how many do you throw at him? An AP talent with Mason there for relief, would make us instant Super Bowl contenders.

Has Chip Kelly got some mad scientist in his basement making ACLS out of Adamantium or something

I'd say the chances of Sammy and Matthews missing at least 5 games is at least 50%.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Provided all that is true, how much and how many do you throw at him? An AP talent with Mason there for relief, would make us instant Super Bowl contenders.

I think I would front load a contract so that he has an incentive to take a chance on us and we don't put too much of his contract on future years when we need to pay our performing draftees.

But, yeah... I agree that adding a transcendent talent like AP would in addition to the acquisition of Foles and the weapons we already have would vault the Rams to the top of the SB conversation (and make those who already bet on the Rams to win the SB at pretty long odds really happy) and I think actually put the Rams over the top.