Rams focus is on who they play, not where they play

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Jordan Palmer
http://www.ksdk.com/sports/pro_football ... -they-play

121025050439_Still1025_00000.jpg

(Rams Tailgate Show) -- - The St. Louis Rams hope that their flight to London is the only air show they see this week.

The Rams look to contain Tom Brady and the New England Patriots' top-ranked offense on Sunday as the two clubs do battle at England's Wembley Stadium in the latest addition of the International Series.

This Sunday will mark the sixth regular-season game to be played in London and 11th overall to take place outside of the United States. While the Rams make their first trip to Wembley Stadium, the Patriots have made the trek before. New England bested the Tampa Bay Buccaneers 35-27 on Oct. 25, 2009, getting 308 yards and three passing touchdowns from Brady.

The New England signal-caller hooked up with wide receiver Wes Welker 10 times in that game for 107 yards with a score.

"It will be a tough game, but it will be memorable for a lot of reasons," Brady said of this year's edition of the game in London. "I certainly remember our last trip, so it will be a nice experience for all the players kind of coming together."

In addition to trying to shake off jet lag, the Pats hope to improve on a subpar 29-26 overtime win against the New York Jets last weekend. New England yielded 13 fourth-quarter points to its AFC East rivals before getting a 43- yard field goal from Stephen Gostkowski as time expired to force the extra frame.

Gostkowski then capped New England's overtime drive with a 48-yard field goal and New York was unable to extend the game on its ensuing drive as ends Rob Ninkovich and Jermaine Cunningham combined for a sack on Jets quarterback Mark Sanchez. Ninkovich jarred the ball loose on the takedown and recovered to seal the Pats' third victory in four games that gave them sole possession of first place in the division at 4-3.

"We talk about playing 60 minutes, it took a little bit more than that today, but the players did a good job," said Patriots coach Bill Belichick. "In the end, we made enough plays to win."

It was the opposite for Rams, who trailed by four points at halftime in their recent matchup with the Green Bay Packers before eventually falling in defeat 30-20.

St. Louis came into the game ranked fifth against the pass, but saw Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers throw for 342 yards with three scoring strikes. That led to the Rams' second straight defeat and first in four home games this season.

"It's a tough one," admitted St. Louis quarterback Sam Bradford, who passed for 255 yards with a touchdown and interception. "I thought we did a fairly decent job in the first half. We came out cold in the third quarter, just didn't really get anything going. We've just got to do a better job of overcoming."

Bradford and company next look to grab the edge in their all-time series with the Patriots. The two teams have split their 10 regular-season meetings, though the Pats have won the past two.

The Patriots played host to the Rams in the last encounter on Oct. 26, 2008, picking up a 23-16 triumph in a game that Brady missed because of a knee injury.

New England offensive coordinator Josh McDaniels served in that role for that meeting, his last season with the Pats before spending two years as the head coach of the Denver Broncos. He was fired from that role following the 2010 campaign and spent last season as the offensive coordinator for the Rams before his return to the Pats.

New England also defeated St. Louis in Super Bowl XXXVI on Feb. 3, 2002, the first of three championships in four seasons for the franchise.

WHAT TO WATCH FOR

The Patriots' offense continues to be one of the top units in the league, averaging an NFL-best 436.1 yards and 31.0 points per game. After gaining 381 yards of offense versus the Jets, the Pats have now reached at least 350 total yards in 16 straight games to match the longest such streak in NFL history first set by the St. Louis Rams in 1999-2000.

Brady, meanwhile, has logged at touchdown pass in 39 straight games, the third-longest streak in league annuals and tight end Rob Gronkowski is coming off a two-touchdown performance that lifted his season total to five.

Wide receiver Brandon Lloyd should be motivated for this game after spending part of last season with the Rams following a trade by the Broncos. Lloyd hauled in 51 passes for 683 yards and five scores with St. Louis before signing with New England this offseason.

"They do a great job, it's obvious," said Rams head coach Jeff Fisher of the Pats' offense. "Everybody is on the same page. Even the new pace they're playing with. When you have 75 more rushing attempts than the league average, you're playing at a high pace and that's what they're doing. Our young defense has obviously not faced it this year."

All this is staring at the Rams, who slipped from fifth to 14th in the league against the pass after struggling against the Packers.

Still, St. Louis has yielded only four touchdown passes to quarterbacks not named Aaron Rodgers and has received eight interceptions from its secondary. Six different players have nabbed a pick, led by cornerback Cortland Finnegan's three.

"You know, he competes his butt off and he's smart, catches the ball well. He's a seventh-round pick, so you just are always fighting for your life out there. Even though he's had a lot of success, you see he wants to continue to get better and improve and he's still a young player. I have a lot of respect for him," Brady said of Finnegan.

The Rams, coming off a three-sack performance versus the Packers, have brought down the opposing quarterback 15 times in their last three games and defensive end Robert Quinn notched his seventh sack of the year last weekend, tied for second in the NFC.

St. Louis shook up its offensive line versus Green Bay, with Joe Barksdale replacing an injured Wayne Hunter at left tackle and Shelley Smith stepping in for Quinn Ojinnaka, who had started the previous four games at left guard but was released on Monday.

Bradford will have to be aware of Ninkovich, who has a team-leading four forced fumbles, all in the past four games.

"I just think Rob can do different things," Belichick said of Ninkovich's role to the defense. "We ask him to do different things and he can do them. That gives him value and versatility himself and to our defense and all that."

New England has struggled against the pass this season, yielding 290.0 yards per game and corners Devin McCourty -- who had a 104-yard kickoff return for a score versus the Jets -- and Kyle Arrington will have to account for Rams wideout Chris Givens, whose 56-yard catch last weekend made him the first NFL rookie since Willie Gault in 1983 to log a reception of 50-plus yards in four consecutive games.

"(Givens is) making a big play here and there," noted Fisher. "We'd like to try to get him more involved; like to try to get more balls to him but he's coming on."

Rams kicker Greg Zuerlein could be a x-factor for the Rams. He hit on field goals of 50 and 43 yards versus the Packers and is 12-for-14 on field goals 40 yards or longer this season.

OVERALL ANALYSIS

Games taking place overseas a bit harder to predict due to the travel and change of routine that takes place.

Extra credit, then, goes to the Patriots, who have done this dance before and were already the better team heading into the contest. Though the faces aren't all the same from the club's last trip to London, Belichick should have his team ready to go.

"I'm not sure how many of our players now were on that trip but I would say not a whole lot," he said earlier in the week. "There's been a decent amount of turnover since then. You know, the experience for those of us that went, you have some idea what to expect. There's something to be said for that."

New England's inconsistent play at times this season has raised some doubts after the team repeating as champs in a tight AFC East, but as St. Louis showed in last week's loss to high-flying Green Bay, the NFC West cellar- dwellers are still trying to find a way to compete with the more elite teams in the NFL.

Sandman

UDFA
It's kind of weird how the Patriots aren't arriving until Friday at 7:00 a.m. That's a 6 hour difference in time that they lose, and they're going to get right to work with promotions soon after they arrive. I hope they all fall asleep on the field, simultaneously, sometime in the 2nd quarter on Sunday.

classicpony

Starter
Name
Jim
Ok we lost a HOME game that sucks, they are on CBS that sucks because my local CBS channel is NOT GOING TO CARRY THEM, so now I have to hunt on the net an try to find them somewhere. This whole thing just sucks, sucks,sucks. :evil: :evil:

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
classicpony said:
Ok we lost a HOME game that sucks, they are on CBS that sucks because my local CBS channel is NOT GOING TO CARRY THEM, so now I have to hunt on the net an try to find them somewhere. This whole thing just sucks, sucks,sucks. :evil: :evil:
I suppose it is for you local dudes. For others it doesn't matter that much, I don't think. It was a pretty good idea to increase the Rams' exposure on a Global scale, but in hindsight they realized it was a detriment to the local fan base's already shaky allegiance and they reversed their decision.

Sorry you don't get to see it. I'll try and find a solid stream for you prior to the game.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
classicpony said:
Buffalo Wild Wings?
Hooters?
Gotta be a way

ScotsRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Niall
I appreciate how big of a deal it is to lose a home game for you StL guys, especially since there are only 8 per season. If someone took one of my "soccer" teams home games away, I'd be raging. However, I personally am so, so happy that I can finally see the Rams in person. Not much consolation, I know, but I promise to enjoy myself to the max while we have the Rams on loan over here.

bluecoconuts

Legend
Sandman said:
It's kind of weird how the Patriots aren't arriving until Friday at 7:00 a.m. That's a 6 hour difference in time that they lose, and they're going to get right to work with promotions soon after they arrive. I hope they all fall asleep on the field, simultaneously, sometime in the 2nd quarter on Sunday.

Thought the same thing, they said the Rams players just started getting over the grogginess from the time difference.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
ScotsRam said:
I appreciate how big of a deal it is to lose a home game for you StL guys, especially since there are only 8 per season. If someone took one of my "soccer" teams home games away, I'd be raging. However, I personally am so, so happy that I can finally see the Rams in person. Not much consolation, I know, but I promise to enjoy myself to the max while we have the Rams on loan over here.
That is pretty cool, and part of the NFL's (and Kroenke's) vision. I'll be interested in knowing how many legit Rams fans you see while you're over there. Not just the ones who are picking a side, but the ones who have been following for a lil while.

I understand Kevin Costner was in a Rams sweatshirt over there the other day.
Wonder what that's all about.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
It's on TV for me!! :peace: :neener:

1st time since the opener (stupid Cowboys).

Haven't actually seen a Ram victory on tv this year. Don't have NFLN for the Cardinals game.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Angry Ram said:

Haven't actually seen a Ram victory on tv this year. Don't have NFLN for the Cardinals game.
Then it's safe to say that you should stop watching until it's proven that you're not the cause of these losses.

We'll keep you updated.

monochromatic_tv_snow_plain_172.gif

Angry Ram

X said:
Angry Ram said:

Then it's safe to say that you should stop watching until it's proven that you're not the cause of these losses.

We'll keep you updated.

monochromatic_tv_snow_plain_172.gif

I haven't watched any game since the opener.

So I haven't watched Miami, GB, or Chicago. So there. It's not me. :razzed:

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Angry Ram said:

Well...

Alright then.

Just don't let it happen again!

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
X said:
Angry Ram said:

Well...

Alright then.

And now we know why he is Angry.
I will be driving from Breckenridge Co back to the St Louis area the weekend after Thanksgiving ,I have calculated I can watch the second quarter onward of the Az. game at the Buffalo Wild Wings in Manhattan , Kansas, anyone interested is invited to meet me there.

Angry Ram

Thordaddy said:
X said:
Angry Ram said:

Well...

Alright then.

I will be driving from Breckenridge Co back to the St Louis area the weekend after Thanksgiving ,I have calculated I can watch the second quarter onward of the Az. game at the Buffalo Wild Wings in Manhattan , Kansas, anyone interested is invited to meet me there.

No it's not...you want to know the secret...

I'm always Angry.

Oh I so wanted to say that.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Angry Ram said:
Thordaddy said:
X said:
Angry Ram said:

Well...

Alright then.

I'm always Angry.

Do we want to make you angry?

We shouldn't make you angry, should we?

Angry Ram

X said:
Angry Ram said:
Thordaddy said:
X said:
Angry Ram said:

Well...

Alright then.

I'm always Angry.

Do we want to make you angry?

We shouldn't make you angry, should we?

Do it. I dare you, I double dare ya!

libertadrocks

Hall of Fame
classicpony said:

Damn, you got me to look to ensure I get the game on Sunday... and I dont.

What ever CBS exec decided to show the chiefs over the Rams in London is a dumb ass. AHHHH I HATE CBS.