Rams finish 28th in PFF's offensive line rankings/Wagoner

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Amitar

Pro Bowler
Name
Amitar
"As I've said numerous times, since our arrival here we've been wanting to go ahead and build that offensive line through the draft," Fisher said.
Yah right, that's why they signed Jake Long.
And it's been working so well the past four years.
Just more Fisher BS and totally sick of it and his losing record year after year.

We know one team the Browns Mack is not going to play for next season.

TexasRam

Legend
I cringe when I hear people talk about our oline being set for next year.

The fact is Robinson by no stretch of the imagination is improving. He finished as the 2nd worst tackle in all the NFL. This position is a glaring hole going into next year.

Tim Barnes is a solid backup but by no means should be leading the way for the run heavy attack that fisher is committed to.

The good news as Havenstein graded out well and is a good starter at RT.

Wichmann showed huge potential and will be a solid guard for us.

LG looks good for us as Reynolds showed he's more than a journeyman in my book, he's a capable starter.

We need a LT and a Center before we can have an offense.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I cringe when I hear people talk about our oline being set for next year.

The fact is Robinson by no stretch of the imagination is improving. He finished as the 2nd worst tackle in all the NFL. This position is a glaring hole going into next year.

Tim Barnes is a solid backup but by no means should be leading the way for the run heavy attack that fisher is committed to.

The good news as Havenstein graded out well and is a good starter at RT.

Wichmann showed huge potential and will be a solid guard for us.

LG looks good for us as Reynolds showed he's more than a journeyman in my book, he's a capable starter.

We need a LT and a Center before we can have an offense.

Interesting, we need a good OLine before we can have an offense? Lets look at this theory.
Top Scoring offenses:
1) Carolina PFF rank (2)
2) Arizona (17)
3) New England (25)
4) Pittsburgh (10)
4t) Seattle (30)

Top yardage offense:
1) Arizona (17)
2) New Orleans (3)
3) Pittsburgh (10)
4) Seattle (30)
5) Tampa (23)

For top passing offenses San Diego takes the 4th place (32) and New England 5th (25). Looks more like we need a QB and a coach that wants to run a modern NFL offense than we need an upgrade at LT and C.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
I have read all of the post in this thread & could not find any statements by any member implying that this Ram OL is set. Many different points of view most of them positive as to where this OL might be in this upcoming 2016 season most very hopeful of building on what the Rams have.

Fisher just went through the 2015 season with seven (#7) rookie (1st season) OL'ers:
Havenstein-13 games/13 starts
Brown- 9 games /9 starts
Donnal-5 games/2 starts
Wichmann- 12 games/7 starts
Rhaney-16 games/1 start
Battle- zero/zero starts
Williams- 5 games/ no starts but started for some periods of time @ ORT

6 of these first yr OL were drafted by the Rams. Those first yr Ram OL'ers saw a large amount of starts among them with valuable regular season experience. For most of this season only two veterans continued to help hold this very young 2015 OL together, one was 28 yr old Garrett Reynolds (11 starts)& the other would be 27 yr old Tim Barnes (16 starts).

Its should also be pointed out that these 2 mentions Ram veteran OL'ers Reynold & Barnes are far from being seasoned starting veterans. Reynolds started more games 11 than he did & played in more games 16 than he ever has. This was Tim Barnes first season as a starter. So am I so far out of line here to expect that these two vets Reynolds/Barnes will improve this next season given the opportunity?

I certainly have no major issues with the costly purchase UFA signing of a veteran center like Alex Mack but it does cause me pause after the Rams recent history UFA signings of centers (Scott Wells & Jason Brown) both ended with negative results on top of being costly $$$. Going back a little over a decade in reviewing Rams OL UFA signings Roger Saffold (after the Raiders voided his contract for health reasons), Jake Long, Scott Wells, Jason Brown, Jacob Bell, Kyle Turley were not positive events.

Last edited: