Rams fined $20K over Steven Jackson injury

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
interference said:
I'd just like to read the rules for myself. From what I've seen recently, NFL HQ likes to flex its power however it sees fit, whether it is within the rules or not, so I'd like to make up my own mind, about the appropriateness of the fine, after reading what the actual policies are.
And so I don't need to apologize because I was correct what your motivation was.
Unless I read this incorrectly , you want to subject the rule to your litigious scrutiny, which I TRUST the Rams lawyers could easily DO if they thought the commish had stepped outside the spirit of the rule and therefore wanted to parse the legal language.

So again if the Rams decide to pay the fine ,it's good enough for me that the rule is being implemented correctly.

stan

Rookie
interference said:
stan said:
I read your post. I am a scientist though not in this area. I have followed this closely over the years however. Salt pill doesn't mean just NaCl as KCl is a salt too. Thats potassium chloride for those not up on chemistry. Also the Kenyan marathoners do consume high protein and high quality protein in the form of cows milk and cows blood. They also do not have life long recruiting and a barrage of high science directed at their athletes. Plus they do not suffer from the marketing of high carb crap from corporations deluding the public into thinking carbing up does jack squat especially for strength and endurance. Science and history with current examples of high achievement not following your dogma is what should interest a scientist. Protein is essential wherever endurance and strength are required. No new science regarding that fact as the Kenyans aptly prove.

When we discuss salt, we're talking about many different products. What most American's eat, Iodized Salt, is considered a poison by many. There can be something like 40 or more trace elements & minerals in Salt, but American's pretty much just get SodiumChloride. So, when we talk salt pills, we gotta talk specifics about what's inside them.

See following for more.
http://www.theecologist.org/green_green ... _best.html

As far as Cows Milk & Blood, we gotta also discuss what these Cows are fed. In the USA, they get GMO corn & Soy, which changes the protein makeup of Cow meat, blood & Milk. Additionally, US dairy's kill -off much of the remaining goodness in milk by pasteurizing it, also helping to turn off-the-shelf milk and dairy into a poison. So, while I haven't researched it, my guess is those Kenyan's are getting a much healthier form of protein when consuming meat, milk, blood from grass fed cows, where the grass grows in highly nutrient soil.

The pills I was referring to were formulated for the athlete with potassium and magnesium and who knows what else in addition to sodium chloride. I mentioned potassium chloride because it is a salt and as you mentioned one of many .

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
Thordaddy said:
interference said:
I'd just like to read the rules for myself. From what I've seen recently, NFL HQ likes to flex its power however it sees fit, whether it is within the rules or not, so I'd like to make up my own mind, about the appropriateness of the fine, after reading what the actual policies are.
And so I don't need to apologize because I was correct what your motivation was.
Unless I read this incorrectly , you want to subject the rule to your litigious scrutiny, which I TRUST the Rams lawyers could easily DO if they thought the commish had stepped outside the spirit of the rule and therefore wanted to parse the legal language.

So again if the Rams decide to pay the fine ,it's good enough for me that the rule is being implemented correctly.
So, should I assume or concluse that you have a general disdain for lawyers, of which I am NOT one? I mean, why else use a term like "litigous scrutiny" to assess my motives?

Geesh, can't I just be a regular guy who doesn't believe corporate PR, and like to dig a little deeper and make assessments based upon his own primary research?

WTF happened to the American Man, because it used to be that this was the norm? Now we've all become a bunch of trusting pansies.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
interference said:
Thordaddy said:
interference said:

So, should I assume or concluse that you have a general disdain for lawyers, of which I am NOT one? I mean, why else use a term like "litigous scrutiny" to assess my motives?

Geesh, can't I just be a regular guy who doesn't believe corporate PR, and like to dig a little deeper and make assessments based upon his own primary research?

WTF happened to the American Man, because it used to be that this was the norm? Now we've all become a bunch of trusting pansies.

Not QUITE sure if I was just called a Pansie, but I know I-man that your definition of the American man has GOT to be subjective and far different than mine, cuz see, the league IS the owners,so if they want to fine each other over something like this, TRUST doesn't become an issue.
Sometimes being a man is KNOWING when you are effected and when you aren't and controlling your emotional attachment to an image of others you assume to be valid that is just a product of your own fears.
I don't HAVE to but I WILL say that your posts in this thread and in the past indicate something more than idle curiosity.

This isn't the bounty situation, thus far it doesn't look like an adversarial situation and so I don't even see a side to GET ON.

I ASKED YOU why you cared and so far none of your answers have indicated to me that there's a controversy between the concerned parties .
NOW if the Rams were to balk, then we'd have something.

BTW litigious scrutiny is a generic term and doesn't dictate a lawyer has to be the one scrutinizing . Lawyers are what they are, if they are a scum bag they are, if they are suing a dastardly individual or org. then they are great,I have friends in the profession that fit either description sometimes both in the same day. Our legal system is flawed and lawyers create some of the flaws, but without them a lot of people wouldn't gain justice either.