Rams finalizing trade for mark barron

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

lockdnram21

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I get why a QB should be taken in first round. If QB in first round doesn't produce right away, Jeff Fisher is out of job. So he will go with known commodity in Sam for 2014. IMHO
The only thig known is Sam is a injury waiting to happen to happen. i understand sam is accurate and smart and has big arm but he hasnt proving anything in this league. by my calculation sam want be ready when season starts i beard it takes longer if u tear the same acl again. I think its atleast a yea. So i dont think he would start practicing until end of aug. Even if they do bring him back i would still expect them to draft qb in the first. Even if we retructures his contract we still need insurance. If Sam comes back and stays Healthy we could Trade the Qb in 2 years

fearsomefour

Legend
The more I think about this trade the more I like it. I didn't realize at first Barron was drafted in the top 10.
The Rams have 8 first rounders on their D counting Barron. If they can all get pulling in the same direction....

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
The more I think about this trade the more I like it. I didn't realize at first Barron was drafted in the top 10.
The Rams have 8 first rounders on their D counting Barron. If they can all get pulling in the same direction....

I'm counting 6...

Long
Brockers
Quinn
Ogletree
Donald
Barron

2nd Rounders
JL
Jenkins
Joyner

Did I miss someone?

But point made. This Defense should be killer.

fearsomefour

Legend
No
I'm counting 6...

Long
Brockers
Quinn
Ogletree
Donald
Barron

2nd Rounders
JL
Jenkins
Joyner

Did I miss someone?

haha. No you're right.
I was thinking JL and JJ too.
I must have been rounding up.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Things could change ....but this is the Rams healthy DB's presently:

Safety
TJ McDonald
Mark Barron (just arrived in STL)
Mo Alexander (In-Active the last two wks & saw very limited action in only 2 games on ST's)

Corners
EJ Gaines (Rookie)
Marcus Roberson (Rookie)
L. Joyner (Rookie -Nickel & reserve FS)

Wonder if Mo Alexander plays in the Dime package?

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
I'm counting 6...

Long
Brockers
Quinn
Ogletree
Donald
Barron

2nd Rounders
JL
Jenkins
Joyner

Did I miss someone?

Let's not forget third rounders like McDonald and Johnson. Johnson was regarded as a potential first-round pick before his issues off the field, and McDonald was highly regarded as well.

But I agree with your point and fearsomefoursome's point as well. The D needs to play up to their potential, and hopefully Barron helps them get to that level.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
I'm counting 6...

Long
Brockers
Quinn
Ogletree
Donald
Barron

2nd Rounders
JL
Jenkins
Joyner

Did I miss someone?

Dang, that's 9 out 11 first or second round starters. I don't even know, anymore... :(

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Things could change ....but this is the Rams healthy DB's presently:

Safety
TJ McDonald
Mark Barron (just arrived in STL)
Mo Alexander (In-Active the last two wks & saw very limited action in only 2 games on ST's)

Corners
EJ Gaines (Rookie)
Marcus Roberson (Rookie)
L. Joyner (Rookie -Nickel & reserve FS)

Wonder if Mo Alexander plays in the Dime package?

I should have also mentioned that both DB's Joyner (hip) & Roberson (foot) have injuries too.