Rams finalizing trade for mark barron

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
Wow. I'm not sure I get that... he's the same mold as McDonald and Alexander - kinda rough in pass coverage, but physical and tough.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Seriously? This is kind of out of left field. I like Barron but what are we giving up?

V3

Hall of Fame
Give them Tavon. I'll hate it if they give up picks in the top 2 rounds.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Wow. I'm not sure I get that... he's the same mold as McDonald and Alexander - kinda rough in pass coverage, but physical and tough.

My personal opinion is that Barron will play SS role for us and McDonald a hybrid LB/S role. I think they want to phase Dunbar out of the game-plan due to his coverage deficiencies but don't want to sacrifice our ability to stop the run. Think we'll see more 2 LB/3 S looks.

V3

Hall of Fame
My personal opinion is that Barron will play SS role for us and McDonald a hybrid LB/S role. I think they want to phase Dunbar out of the game-plan due to his coverage deficiencies but don't want to sacrifice our ability to stop the run. Think we'll see more 2 LB/3 S looks.
That's the only sense I can find. I don't get having 3 SS's.

jsimcox

Pro Bowler
Name
Jamie
Yeah, never like giving up multiple picks, but not bad at all for a player of Barron's talent.

Hopefully who ever is in charge of the 2015 draft doesn't pull a "Pead" in a desperate attempt to recoup the 4th round pick.

V3

Hall of Fame
I can live with that but I still don't get Fisher's love affair with SS's. Why doesn't he like his S's to have coverage skills when the NFL is a passing league? I swear Fisher still thinks it's the 80s.

lockdnram21

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
They might think Mcdonald or Barron has enough range to play fs. They always say positions are interchangeable

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
Hate this trade. He's not very good in coverage and has a very similar skillset to TJ McDonald (and Mo Alexander). Don't see why we would trade a 4th and a 6th for a guy who's not bringing anything new to the table. I wanted upgraded talent but this is stupid. I hope it works out, because Barron is immensely talented and he can be great, just don't see it.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
A fourth and a sixth for a safety who's still very young and promising? If he replaces McLeod in the starting lineup, I'm all for it.