Rams Final Roster (Any Surprises?)

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

paceram

Pro Bowler
Just curious if anyone thinks there will be some suprises when the Rams make their final roster tomorrow (well, somewhat final roster since I am guessing they will be tweaking their roster throughout the season).

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I heard Snead say something to the effect of, "well, if we keep 4 safeties.... "

Which makes me believe he likes 3 others. To that end, a surprise would be the ditching of Mikell's salary in favor of Mcleod, Daniels, Dahl and Stewart. And I wouldn't be cool with that if they did. Just gave me an uneasy feeling. This team needs veteran leadership, and he's the Don of Defense.

BatteringRambo

Inked Gym Rat Stoner
Name
J.Fo
Right now just happy we didn't end up w/ any significant "owwies"...man the Steelers, Giants, Patriots, and Buccs are a few that come to mind who have had a fair share.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
I honestly think that they go with McLeod as the fourth safety and Pointer gets a job at cornerback. I tell you what; those two deserve to be on the final roster. In my opinion, Daniels should be on the practice squad, and Burney has beaten out Murphy for a job at cornerback.

I'm going to be extremely disappointed if Pointer or McLeod are cut in favor of someone less deserving; the only secondary player who made more of an impact in this game was Jenkins, and even he was not as consistently good as Pointer was. And McLeod has been nothing short of spectacular this postseason.

Burney has also made great plays at cornerback. Daniels has been around the ball, but has not made the plays you'd expect him to make, and he's not that great in coverage. Murphy has been completely invisible, and it's looking like he's yet another disappointing draft pick.

Secondary should look something like this:

Finnegan, Jenkins, and Fletcher are the starters at corner. Mikell and Stewart are the starters with Dahl being rotated in consistently. Johnson is the dime back. McLeod, Pointer, and Burney play special teams.

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
My surprise might be that they keep two full backs: Brit Miller (who could be used as a TE as well) and Ovie Mughelli. If Brockers does have a high ankle sprain I can see the Rams IR him, since they can now reactivate people from IR.

It will be interesting to see what happens after week 2 when Pettis comes off suspension.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Austin Davis gets waived. Makrs me nauseus just typing it. Hope I am wrong.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Faceplant said:
Austin Davis gets waived. Makrs me nauseus just typing it. Hope I am wrong.
Yeah,JMO if Bradford goes down, we're goin' nowhere with Clemmens,I'd keep the rook over him save money and have a good developmental guy, the GREAT thing,Shotty has waived Clemmens B4 :sly:

libertadrocks

Hall of Fame
Memento said:
I honestly think that they go with McLeod as the fourth safety and Pointer gets a job at cornerback. I tell you what; those two deserve to be on the final roster. In my opinion, Daniels should be on the practice squad, and Burney has beaten out Murphy for a job at cornerback.

I'm going to be extremely disappointed if Pointer or McLeod are cut in favor of someone less deserving; the only secondary player who made more of an impact in this game was Jenkins, and even he was not as consistently good as Pointer was. And McLeod has been nothing short of spectacular this postseason.

Burney has also made great plays at cornerback. Daniels has been around the ball, but has not made the plays you'd expect him to make, and he's not that great in coverage. Murphy has been completely invisible, and it's looking like he's yet another disappointing draft pick.

Secondary should look something like this:

Finnegan, Jenkins, and Fletcher are the starters at corner. Mikell and Stewart are the starters with Dahl being rotated in consistently. Johnson is the dime back. McLeod, Pointer, and Burney play special teams.

Pointer may have played his way into a job last night.

Fisher doesnt really have a history of keeping 6 CBs, but I think he could this year. Finnegan, Jenkins, Fletcher, Johnson, Murphy, and Pointer. Dont think Burney makes it.

If they go with 5 CBs it would not shock me if Pointer beats out Murphy.

I think the biggest surprise cuts may rely on who we pick up from other teams. I think Snead will be active in that arena. Id look for a Dlineman and Olineman

paceram

Pro Bowler
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Just curious - Does Vernon Gholston have a chance make to the final roster?

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
paceram said:
Just curious - Does Vernon Gholston have a chance make to the final roster?

I don't think he will. I loved the fire that Gholston showed in this game (that personal foul on him and Hull, by the way, was bullshit. Those refs should be ashamed of themselves for calling it.), but he's just one of those players who can't translate his natural skillset to the football field. It's not even a case of lack of motivation; he's clearly motivated, but he just can't play.

ScotsRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Niall
What time do the cuts have to be made by?