Rams Film Room Review (TST)

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Florida_Ram

Hall of Fame
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Gurley thus needs to develop a counterpunch (his words, not mine). There isn't much he can do about the OL, the passing game, the QB, etc., at this point, but he's got to look at the part of his game under his control and adjust to how others are trying to stop him. Kind of vague, I know, but still a valuable insight.

The scheme, Passing game, Boras or the O-Line not finishing their assignments has been pondered over and over for weeks now.

On many plays where Gurley has had some creases/gaps to run through, he appears to not be sure of himself and is likely pressing for that big run of 20 plus yards. (we all mostly agree on this)

He looks to be running mad/frustrated like he's upset that he's not living up to his hype and is letting his teammates down.

This mentality would clearly affect a RB's ability to see plays on the Line develop a split second before they happen or sense that the play is going to be shut down so best to just bulldoze forward for that highest percentage tiny crack and get the sure 1 or 2 yard gain.

The special backs only need one or two opportunities in a game to break off the long gainer. Why? because their God given instincts, patience and vision gives them the ABILITY TO SEE THE LINE BLOCKING AND MOVING PIECES OF THE DEFENSE IN SLOW MOTION all while the play is developing or not looking favorable to take a chance guessing which of the 2 or 3 choices they have on many plays throughout the course of a game.

Gurley's opportunities have been slim pickings but the special RB's even with poor O-Line blocking, have that unique patience/vision and instincts to find those elusive gaps or cut back lanes that usually go for a long gain.

Gurley showed that special vision/ability too many times in 2015 to accept these last 5 games as acceptable no matter how crappy this O-Line has been.

I agree with those that believe he needs to adjust his game and if possible change his mentality. No matter if the O-Line is blocking well or not, the game doesn't appear to be in slow motion for him this year. He's mostly seeing walls of defenders and the gifted vision/instincts he's been blessed with are eluding him so far imho.

Gurley's proven he has this rare talent so we all wait another game, hoping this is the one where light bulb turns back on for him.............. and stays on for the duration of the season.

tumblr_m3wyhzx7gN1rrj3pro1_500.gif

Last edited:

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik

Actually, I was referring to the OT for Buffalo, #77, who clearly grabbed Baron and spun him around without getting called for a hold. But yeah, TG didn't have a good game for sure.

Corbin

THIS IS MY BOOOOOMSTICK!!
Fullbacks. Those former RB's who spent way to much time in the weight room, but still have quick feet. ability to read a crease, cut into a defender and blow him up,
Yeah what ever happened to those guys?
They went the way of the:
IMG_8935.JPG

I've heard of random reports of sightings of Fullbacks that are yet unconfirmed...

Ellard80

Legend
If, as the writer said, the hole is designed to be between Saffold an Barnes the Saffold would do what he did, shield and block away from the hole. The defender just ran away from Saffold to the runner. The hole was there, they did their job blocking and Gurley blew the play. I understand Gurley is sacrosanct to some and cannot be critiqued but it is clear on this play. He passed up a nice hole in lue of trying to bounce for a big gain. Amatuerish run. Let's not forget Saint Todd taking a scoring opportunity away with one of two fumbles inside Buffalo territory. The running game has sucked. Mostly O line issues but things are usually not that simple. This play illustrates a RB either ignoring the play design or not seeing a big hole right in front of him. Either way that is a big issue if this is happening more than we realize.

I think some people haven't been watching the same games I have. I completely agree with this post.

Gurley has been just as bad as the offensive line has been.

In every game I've watched he has had horrible vision and made the wrong cut many times.

The offensive line has been garbage at times as well- but if you go and look at the film with open eyes you will see that Gurley is playing poorly.

He has some good moments where his talent shines, and others where the line just blows it for him.

But just as many times he is not seeing the field and being impatient. He needs to get his shit together.