Rams Fantasy Preview Rotoworld -Stedman Bailey

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Amitar

Pro Bowler
Name
Amitar
here is the link
http://www.rotoworld.com/articles/nfl/55343/59/rams-fantasy-preview

Here's what they have to say about Bailey.

Stedman Bailey and Tavon Austin will vie for sub-package snaps when the Rams use more than two receivers, or perhaps even for a starting job if Brian Quick isn't ready for Week 1. Austin was a much-higher draft pick, but Bailey is a far-better wide receiver and shined in his 2014 opportunities, leading the St. Louis wideout corps in yards after catch, yards after catch per reception, and broken tackles while also receiving terrific PFF run-blocking grades. Although Austin's failures have widely been blamed on outgoing OC Brian Schottenheimer by those who loved him coming out of college and are consumed by that false narrative, Austin is in fact small (5'9/174) and plays small, has below-average hands, and plays the game without any semblance of physicality. He is Dexter McCluster 2.0. In re-draft and Dynasty leagues, 24-year-old Bailey is the player to keep an eye on. Bailey is deserving of a big role in OC Frank Cignetti's offense. The only question is whether he'll get it.

I agree 1000% and if Bailey is not starting then the offense better be scoring greater then 25 ppg. Bailey is the best receiver and offensive playmaker on the team.

I also think this assessment is spot on.

RAGRam

Pro Bowler
I know it's only fantasy, but it's hard to disagree with any of that.

RamzFanz

Damnit
I'm a huge Bailey fan and hate that they haven't used him, but I still don't see him as the best receiver on the team. I would draft both Quick and Britt before him with Foles at the wheel. Even if Baily out plays them both, they will be the big yards and long TD guys.

Afro Ram

Pro Bowler
It's almost weird hearing our Rams players getting so much love from the press now a days. It just goes to show how good of a job Snisher has done in such a short time.

I think Ramzfanz pretty much nailed how I feel about Bailey. The guy is a stud. I'd still take Britt and Quick over him, but as a third he's a hell of a sleeper.

I think the Rams are going to surprise a lot of people next year.

fancents86

Starter
Said this when they were both drafted. Bailey shines every time (nearly every time) the ball is thrown in his direction.

lockdnram21

Legend
Bailey should definitely be starting in the slot. But I would still take Quick or Britt over Bailey. Britt was great once they start throwing him the ball. Quick was a monster with Davis. The key is Foles and the line. We have 3 legit receivers. Hopefully Tavon proves to me that we have 4

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Britt and Quick don't need to run the great routes because of their size and speed. But Bailey is the most fundamentally sound receiver we have. Solid route running. Solid hands. He can easily be the number 3. Tavon's the guy you devise specialty packages for. Jet Sweeps, WR screens, reverses. Do it right and they can all contribute in their own way.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Britt and Quick don't need to run the great routes because of their size and speed. But Bailey is the most fundamentally sound receiver we have. Solid route running. Solid hands. He can easily be the number 3. Tavon's the guy you devise specialty packages for. Jet Sweeps, WR screens, reverses. Do it right and they can all contribute in their own way.
I think this ^ sounds like it would work pretty well!!(y)

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
This is how I figure it too. But I also suspect tavon will have some routes that get him behind the defense this year.

Maybe people are more disappointed in him than I but I think of the returns called back and how he affects field position and add that to how he was used and I think he can and will still be a difference maker.

Some will always disagree with taking him that high but u have to take shots at play makers when they're there.

Now we'll see if the Rams as a whole can take advantage of what he offers.

leoram

LA/St Louis/LA fan
Tavon needs to run better routes and Cig needs to put him in winning mismatches -- perhaps against bigger, slower footed dbs. Bailey knows how to set up the db and accomplish what the QB is expecting. That's the part Cig says he's refined this offseason.

But Bailey would be Steve Smith 2.0 if they let him. Bet