Rams Fans Overtaking Twitter to Fill The Dome vs. Cardinals

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

ShaneG

Starter
Most St. Louis Rams fans and many residents of the Gateway City who utilize twitter are probably well aware of the grassroots #FillTheDome movement that has exploded into an all-out twitter craze via the ever-expanding efforts of a constantly growing throng of St. Louis citizens, Rams players, team front office personnel and fans worldwide.

If you have somehow missed the campaign, just take a moment and stroll through this seemingly endless array of #FillTheDome messages. If scanning closely enough, you will discover tweets and retweets from the the likes of Rams Vice President of Football Operations and Chief Operating Officer Kevin Demoff and notable players such as Chris Long, Robert Quinn, Michael Brockers, Johnny Hekker, Trumaine Johnson and Chris Givens.

With so many big-name individuals involved, it might be surprising to some that the #FillTheDome crusade has primarily been driven by Rams fans amped up over the coming season.

On Sunday, St. Louis opens the season at home vs. the Arizona Cardinals with fans possessing legitimate expectations of witnessing their favorite franchise's return to the NFL's postseason party for the first time since the culmination of the 2004 campaign.

While most prognostications — including this one from ESPN's Nick Wagoner — peg St. Louis as a borderline playoff team with an 8-8 to 10-6 record, at least one prominent columnist from the New York Post believes the Rams are Super Bowl bound.

For Rams fans — fans who have not tasted of a winning record in nine years and who recently endured the worst five year won-loss stretch in league history — the realistic hopes of a long-anticipated return of winning football has created excitement and fueled the #FillTheDome push.

(For the full piece and #FillTheDome ideas, please click here. Hope you enjoy. This is just a one-time foray into BR for the purpose of this piece):

<a class="postlink" href="http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1762168-st-louis-rams-fans-are-overtaking-twitter-to-fill-the-dome-vs-arizona-cardinals" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1762 ... -cardinals</a>

fearsomefour

Legend
Re: Rams Fans Overtaking Twitter to Fill The Dome vs. Cardin

Having to resort to twitter to try and coax a sell out less than a week before a home opener?? Pretty pathetic in my book.

ShaneG

Starter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

fearsomefour said:
Having to resort to twitter to try and coax a sell out less than a week before a home opener?? Pretty pathetic in my book.

Not a single fan base has EVER endured 15-65 and -- on top of that -- a lease issue. There wouldn't be more than 1 or 2 stadiums, tops, that would not have saw empty seats and suffered some in the short-term thereafter with the above considered.

Username

Has a Well-Known Member

Good stuff Shane. I'll be there as usual. I missed all preseason because of work. Can't wait to see the speed of this team in person.

#FILLTHEDOME!!! or as I prefer, #PARTYATTHEDOME!!!

September 8th bitches. Bring your asses. 3:30 game? Plz, that bitch is gonna be rocking.

Rambitious1

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tom

ShaneG said:
Most St. Louis Rams fans and many residents of the Gateway City who utilize twitter are probably well aware of the grassroots #FillTheDome movement that has exploded into an all-out twitter craze via the ever-expanding efforts of a constantly growing throng of St. Louis citizens, Rams players, team front office personnel and fans worldwide.

If you have somehow missed the campaign, just take a moment and stroll through this seemingly endless array of #FillTheDome messages. If scanning closely enough, you will discover tweets and retweets from the the likes of Rams Vice President of Football Operations and Chief Operating Officer Kevin Demoff and notable players such as Chris Long, Robert Quinn, Michael Brockers, Johnny Hekker, Trumaine Johnson and Chris Givens.

With so many big-name individuals involved, it might be surprising to some that the #FillTheDome crusade has primarily been driven by Rams fans amped up over the coming season.

On Sunday, St. Louis opens the season at home vs. the Arizona Cardinals with fans possessing legitimate expectations of witnessing their favorite franchise's return to the NFL's postseason party for the first time since the culmination of the 2004 campaign.

While most prognostications — including this one from ESPN's Nick Wagoner — peg St. Louis as a borderline playoff team with an 8-8 to 10-6 record, at least one prominent columnist from the New York Post believes the Rams are Super Bowl bound.

For Rams fans — fans who have not tasted of a winning record in nine years and who recently endured the worst five year won-loss stretch in league history — the realistic hopes of a long-anticipated return of winning football has created excitement and fueled the #FillTheDome push.

(For the full piece and #FillTheDome ideas, please click here. Hope you enjoy. This is just a one-time foray into BR for the purpose of this piece):

<a class="postlink" href="http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1762168-st-louis-rams-fans-are-overtaking-twitter-to-fill-the-dome-vs-arizona-cardinals" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1762 ... -cardinals</a>

Good article again Shane.
Nice job.

I like the fact that the Rams are thinking outside the box.
With the bad stretch of football and lease issue, they've got real problems to deal with.
Good to see they're trying something new.

fearsomefour

Legend

ShaneG said:
fearsomefour said:

Not a single fan base has EVER endured 15-65 and -- on top of that -- a lease issue. There wouldn't be more than 1 or 2 stadiums, tops, that would not have saw empty seats and suffered some in the short-term thereafter with the above considered.

Fair enough. Usually those year in and year out terrible teams (Cleveland, Detroit ect) will have good crowds early then by the end of the year they are playing in empty echochambers. The worst fans in terms of butts in the seats I have experienced first hand are San Diego fans. A lot of sell outs happen because the visiting team buys up a bunch of tickets....hopefully the good fans in St. Louis can avoid that this year. I find it odd to "resort" to twitter to sell it out game 1 of the season. Maybe after such a bad run it is a case of win and we will come. But, it certainly doesnt matter what I think, bottom line, I hope it works and the dome is full and rockin. This team should be a fun one to watch and I expect good crowds all year.
I enjoy your articles as well.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook

How many tickets are left? Stub Hub says they have like 4700 remaing. If true, that puts the Ed at 60+ thousand. It would BR great to have the Ed totally sold out every game.

ShaneG

Starter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

fearsomefour said:
ShaneG said:
fearsomefour said:

Fair enough. Usually those year in and year out terrible teams (Cleveland, Detroit ect) will have good crowds early then by the end of the year they are playing in empty echochambers. The worst fans in terms of butts in the seats I have experienced first hand are San Diego fans. A lot of sell outs happen because the visiting team buys up a bunch of tickets....hopefully the good fans in St. Louis can avoid that this year. I find it odd to "resort" to twitter to sell it out game 1 of the season. Maybe after such a bad run it is a case of win and we will come. But, it certainly doesnt matter what I think, bottom line, I hope it works and the dome is full and rockin. This team should be a fun one to watch and I expect good crowds all year.
I enjoy your articles as well.

Thank you very much sir I appreciate that greatly. To be clear on the twitter thing, this wasn't a Rams organization push at all, it was a fan movement. Since it began, some players and a couple front office people have tweeted or retweeted the hashtag at the request of fans, but they didn't initiate it or anything like that.

fearsomefour

Legend

Thanks for the clarification....my misunderstanding. That is pretty cool, the fans taking up the cause. If there are about 4,500 tickets available at this time (as another poster indicated) Im sure the good folks of the Lou will have it sold out. Should be a good game too....dont underestimate Palmer and the Cards.
The St. Louis Cardinals (as usual) are gonna be in the running in the NL and the Rams are emerging....good times in St. Louis I would imagine.

moklerman

Warner-phile

ShaneG said:
fearsomefour said:

If this was last year, I'd give the benefit of doubt. Coming off the Spagnuolo regime I don't blame the fans for staying away. But if they couldn't see the difference last year and don't feel excited this year then there's a problem.

St. Louis should be the last place to not believe in the potential for a quick turn around after they got the GSOT.

<a class="postlink" href="http://bleacherreport.com/articles/573572-attendance-rankings-for-all-32-nfl-teams" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://bleacherreport.com/articles/5735 ... -nfl-teams</a>
Despite the emergence of Sam Bradford, and the Rams missing the playoffs due to a loss in the final week of the season, they are still at the bottom of the NFL in attendance.

The Rams filled their stadium 81 percent full for their home games, and drew stadiums to 90 percent full on the road, giving them an 85.5 percent attendance rate for an average of 56,949 fans per game.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les

ShaneG said:
fearsomefour said:

You're correct Shanester.......Cleveland and Green Bay, nobody else could pull it off.

Losing plus the uncertainty of the team's future will keep folks away. Also, our team plays in a warehouse with dim lighting. Once the team starts winning, I expect attendance to rise again.

I popped in my DVD of the 2000 NFC Championship game and the Dome was packed to the gills that day. Such a bummer that it comes nowhere close to that these days. I think if the future of the team finally becomes clear, more people will start coming back.