Rams fans already seem to hate the team's updated uniform combination

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Memphis Ram

Legend
LOOK: Rams fans already seem to hate the team's updated uniform combination
The minor modifications to the Rams uniforms are majorly unpopular with fans

If the Rams are looking for something to do between now and the start of training camp, they might want to consider redesigning their uniforms again because their fans already seem to hate the most recent changes that the team made. Back in March, the team announced that it would be making some minor modifications for the upcoming season. Most notably, the Rams said they would be getting rid of the color gold from both their helmets and their pants.

When the Rams originally announced the changes, the new look was unveiled in a series of illustrations. It wasn't until this week that fans actually got to see what the uniforms would look like on an actual player, and let's just say things didn't go well when the team unveiled the new look.

Here's a look at Connor Barwin modeling the uniform in a Facebook post that the Rams shared on Flag Day.

After the picture was posted on Facebook, the negative reaction was almost immediate.

ew image on Twitter
DCT2yRkXgAAMGZt.jpg:small

https://twitter.com/SosaNFLDraft
Follow
Sosa Kremenjas @SosaNFLDraft
Why the hell do the Rams have 3 different shades of blue on their uniform? Only they could mess up a damn uniform
1f602.png

4:00 PM - 14 Jun 2017

• Dozens of fans shared their opinion about the new look on Facebook, and from what I can tell, almost all of them hated the new uniforms.

screen-shot-2017-06-18-at-1-08-13-pm.png

This guy clearly doesn't like the Rams' new look Facebook
"I'm sorry but the new temporary uniforms look ridiculous," one fan wrote. "The helmet, jersey, and pants are all completely different from each other. The Rams should have just stuck with the old unis until the complete redesign when the new stadium opens."

That guy's opinion seemed to be the general sentiment of every fan on the Rams' Facebook page.

"These uniforms are horrible," another fan wrote. "They look like the freshman football team where everything is hand me downs and nothing matches."

Another fan said that it looks like a toddler handled the redesign.

"This uniform concept looks like it was thrown together by a pre-schooler," the fan wrote.

Another fan simply wrote, "Trash."

I'm assuming he was referring to the uniforms and not the way the team played last year.

The Rams started wearing all-white uniforms at home in 2016, and you can see what that combination looked like last year.

tavon-austin-rams-uniforms-update.jpg

Tavon Austin shows off the Rams' uniforms from 2016. USATSI
For the upcoming season, the gold stripe on the pants and the gold horns on the helmet have both been eliminated. Instead, the horns on the helmet will be white and the pants will only feature one giant blue stripe.

The reason the uniform is kind of weird looking this year is because the Rams are in the process are in a complete overhaul. Unfortunately though, they're not allowed to modify for their jersey top this year due to NFL rules. The team is hoping to unveil a new jersey top when the Rams' new stadium opens in 2020, which means Rams fans could be staring at uniforms they hate for the next three seasons (The team had originally planned to unveil the new uniform tops in 2019 when the new stadium was originally slated to open, but now, they'll likely delay the new look since the new stadium has been delayed).

The Rams chose to wear a blue and white helmet as a nod to their past. The team wore blue and white helmets from 1964 to 1972, a period that included the birth of the team's "Fearsome Foursome" defensive line.

Anyway, the small irony in all of this is that the fans did have some say in the uniform. Back in February, fans voted on the pants (one blue stripe or two) and the color of the facemask on the helmet (white or gray).

Of course, the one thing they didn't get to vote on was whether or not all the shades of blue would be the same.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/l...o-hate-the-teams-updated-uniform-combination/

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
I am more interested in winning than what their uniforms look like or how wide their horns are. :D

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
I wouldn't mind so much if they kept gold on the pants. But overall it looks like my 4 year old niece mixed the different uniform combinations in madden.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Have to admit, the Rams shit the bed with the color mismatched, half ass design refresh. What was the point anyway??

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Tough situation the NFL requires two year notification for changes and the Los Angeles Rams understandably want to await to unveil new uniforms for the new stadium. They are trying to make them blue & white because the Southern California contingent do not like the Millennium Blue so are they trying to keep that to a minimum.

In the end I like what they did with the Helmets and if they win everything else will fall into place.

threesox84

3rd Generation Ramwagoner
Name
Greg
The NFL blew this more than the Rams did. There's no reason the team shouldn't have been allowed to wear their throwbacks full time, as I understand they requested.

The NFL also blew this because if they'd allowed the Rams to keep the current jerseys but remove the gold then that jersey would look like a special edition or something and probably sell like hotcakes.

Rynie

Cowboys rudeboy.
Name
Rynie
A thread about our hideous green pants comes up once every few months, or so. Glad to see Cowboys fans aren't the only ones particular about the unis.

Psycho_X

Legend
Yep, looks dumb. Didn't know why they were trying to force it until they could just change them completely. But whatever, hopefully the uniforms are the only thing to be embarrassed about for a change.

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
If they made such a mess out of this seemingly easy stop-gap move, how hideous are the total remodels likely to be ??? I think I might be in the minority on this last point, but I really dislike the stripe...I think it looks tertible that wide...

Last edited:

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Been saying forever the blue of the helmets didn't match the jerseys, and it was like that through the 80s with their blue and yellows. For the love of God I hope they can at least get that right at some point. If you want to go lighter shade of blue like the practice jerseys fine, but change the helms too.

But yeah the uniforms look like crap. Not like anyone on the Rams is going to listen though, so I am just reserved to hoping they get them right come 2019 or whenever they elect to change them.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Tough situation the NFL requires two year notification for changes and the Los Angeles Rams understandably want to await to unveil new uniforms for the new stadium. They are trying to make them blue & white because the Southern California contingent do not like the Millennium Blue so are they trying to keep that to a minimum.

In the end I like what they did with the Helmets and if they win everything else will fall into place.
I like the helmets mostly, but if you are doing the blue and whites, do it freaking right! Gold looks like cr@p the way they did it....and the multiple blue colors kinda sucks. BUT, some will buy these uniforms and more will buy the new uniform look coming in a couple of years. The funny part is that if the Rams went to the Super Bowl and won it, these uniforms will become the "good old days' uni for the next generation...lol

bnw

Pro Bowler
Typical Rams clusterfuck. Throwing crap on the wall to see what sticks. Zero strategic planning.....well unless moving to a new city.

Oh and what a dumbass move wearing white at home. Will almost never see the blue jersey. Put up with that crap from Bidwill's team already.

Last edited:

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
The Rams chose to wear a blue and white helmet as a nod to their past. The team wore blue and white helmets from 1964 to 1972, a period that included the birth of the team's "Fearsome Foursome" defensive line.
This^ was a great idea!
Of course, the one thing they didn't get to vote on was whether or not all the shades of blue would be the same.
This is just stupid, and needs to be Fixed fast! AND GET RIDE OF THAT UGLY GOLD!!!

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I like the helmets mostly, but if you are doing the blue and whites, do it freaking right! Gold looks like cr@p the way they did it....and the multiple blue colors kinda sucks. BUT, some will buy these uniforms and more will buy the new uniform look coming in a couple of years. The funny part is that if the Rams went to the Super Bowl and won it, these uniforms will become the "good old days' uni for the next generation...lol

Yeah their gold was baby $hit brown. Uniforms they redid in STL weren't bad, but they could have been much better.

I think they're trying to cater to the old LA feel but the irony here is all LA cares about is wins. If they lose nobody is going to care that they went back to blue and whites. What is the push to do it early and partially dismantle the uniform, making it a laughingstock? As you said, if you're gonna do it, do it right.

If I were designing these things I'd go with metallic gold horns and use metallic gold thread and piping around the numbers and for highlights. And I'd stick with the navy blue of the helmets and ensure it's on the jerseys in the same damn shade. But it's not like that's the only look I'd be happy with. Just make them look good ffs. The current look we're going to have to suffer through, plain and simple. Hopefully just for this season.

Austin

Rookie
Name
Douglas
Well, at least they're going to be hearing all of this now, before the real redesign comes through. Maybe it will help them get it right when that time comes. I sure hope that's the case. Be funny to win a superbowl in a mismatched uniform though.... (homer goggles always on)

fearsomefour

Legend
The blue and whites, the actual traditional look is good, the "St Louis" unis were solid, the old classic blue and gold were delivered from on high.
Different shades of blue is just dumb.
But maybe if they have middle school uniforms they will have a pro offense instead of the othe way around?

JIMERAMS

Pro Bowler
Name
Bill
WTF is that blue on the pants supposed to be? wow I don't usually care to much about unis but damn that blue is ugly